• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Woah small world. I played Eric first round. Nice guy. He's actually pretty good too. We played fox dittos on peach's and he did one of the most absurd fox combos I've ever seen in my life lol.

Sedda

Smash Champion
It's never too early to practice...

unless you're Isai. Isai started too early and now everyone is struggling to catch up

Last edited:

mixa

Banned via Warnings
real talk. isai's spacing with fox in '05 is better than pretty much every fox today

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
major ****ing shoutouts to karajan for walking me through building the usb adapter

i have 2 working ones now for the toronto scene

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Now that I started playing online a couple days ago I have already lost most of my interest in this game. Everyone has so much more experience I just can't keep up at all. I really doubt I will ever catch up with people, always getting 4 stocked by any random online player by any character where I struggle to play with just one.
I feel like I have wasted 2 years playing this game only to suck really really bad.
Constantly getting wrecked so hard I barely even get to play anything but SDI game just isn't what I expected of this game.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Now that I started playing online a couple days ago I have already lost most of my interest in this game. Everyone has so much more experience I just can't keep up at all. I really doubt I will ever catch up with people, always getting 4 stocked by any random online player by any character where I struggle to play with just one.
I feel like I have wasted 2 years playing this game only to suck really really bad.
Constantly getting wrecked so hard I barely even get to play anything but SDI game just isn't what I expected of this game.
That's the kind of attitude that will prevent you from getting good at any game

-LzR-

Smash Hero
That's the kind of attitude that will prevent you from getting good at any game
True, but if I don't enjoy playing the game until I can stand a chance, what is the reason to play the game. I know you will lose a lot when you try to improve, but if I had like any chance. I need some opponents who haven't played this game for over a decade. If the skill level difference is too big there isn't much for me to learn, just watching me die all the time.
And I know I will keep playing and playing because I am too attached to the game. And probably won't enjoy it that much. Should have started online play a lot earlier but for some reason I didn't.

Sedda

Smash Champion
There aren't many people playing online (atm) who have been playing for over a decade.

I kindaa felt the same way the first day or two i started playing online, but then it goes away.

Before playing online, I had already practiced short hopping and z cancelling, so what would happen is that I would either get completely wrecked (by anyone who played competitively) or completely wreck someone (probably some random who decided to play online one day for some reason).

Then after a week or so, it changed. I would either STILL get wrecked horribly, wreck randoms, AND I would have really even sessions with people, which means that I had already improved a bit.

If you're dying all the time, it's your fault. To be honest, there might only be like one or two things you are really doing wrong. First you just have to find your BIG couple of habits and change them asap to start seeing some progress.

Last edited:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
It's that I've played this game for the last year really actively so I should at least have the basic skills down but my game still looks like I had played for a week. Everyone is pulling off those shieldbreaks and 0 death combos to me all the time. I guess it might be a Fox thing. I don't think I can pull of the Fox combos or techskill but I just don't know if there is any other character I feel like playing.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Don't say that based on playing against me. I think I have an annoying playstyle because I'm not good at comboing (and online fake smash doesn't help towards combo game, I'm sure I'd be better at comboing offline).

I don't know who you've played, but if you've played Fruity and I, I wouldn't say you lose to any random online players. I have been playing for a few years online (sometimes not too active) and Fruity is better than me.

Also you make it sound a lot worse than what it really is, we had some close games. In fact I thought you were already pretty good for someone new to online play.

Sedda: with the number of players here, there is absolutely no possibility of having people you wreck, people who wreck you and people who go even with you lol.

Last edited:

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
It's that I've played this game for the last year really actively so I should at least have the basic skills down but my game still looks like I had played for a week. Everyone is pulling off those shieldbreaks and 0 death combos to me all the time. I guess it might be a Fox thing. I don't think I can pull of the Fox combos or techskill but I just don't know if there is any other character I feel like playing.
Be DK.

Sedda

Smash Champion
Sedda: with the number of players here, there is absolutely no possibility of having people you wreck, people who wreck you and people who go even with you lol.
Maybe you didnt get it lol.

What I meant is that there were some players on kaillera who probably destroyed me at first, but after learning just A LITTLE BIT, I could go even with them.

I don't get how what I said is not a possibility. It IS what happened....

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Don't say that based on playing against me. I think I have an annoying playstyle because I'm not good at comboing (and online fake smash doesn't help towards combo game, I'm sure I'd be better at comboing offline).
Oh don't worry. It's not about you. In fact I had an easier time against you than others I had played. I don't mean you are worse than them, maybe it's just the lag thing.
In fact I have played against Fruity and some others. Every player I played seemed to have similar skills. Is it just normal for everyone here to be able to pull off the craziest things in matches consistently? I have trouble doing any basic combos with Fox so when I actually land a hit it doesn't mean much. Fox doesn't seem to have as "obvious" combos as most characters have. I really struggle with Fox combos after all this time.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Yeah well, I am one of the worst player in Europe, so it's normal you have a hard time against others.

I don't know what you call "craziest things", but I don't remember people pulling such things out consistantly. Maybe I haven't played for too long. Who are the other players you played?

Fox is one of the hardest character, especially online due to his glass canon nature. He relies on a lot of little techniques and one mistakes can mean death. He also doesn't have an easy bread and butter combo. So if that's what you're looking for, maybe you should switch character and get corrupt by the trio of hell (pika-kirby-flacno).

Sedda

Smash Champion
Combos arent needed to do very well. LD used to not combo pretty much and he pwned a bunch of people

what do you feel are your other problems as a player? We've already determined you're not good at comboing, but what else?

yeah sorry sangoku. i kinda blacked out and forgot you lived in europe for a hot second

Last edited:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I don't really know what are my flaws other than that. Maybe Fox is just not the best character to start with. Like Sangoku said the lack of bread and butter combo makes it much harder to do much. This combined with the fact Fox can't just grab -> throw -> spike people like many characters and the shine gimp is much harder to pull off than it sounds.

For other characters I guess my favorites are DK, Puff and Samus. Would you suggest learning one of these before moving to Fox? Fox is by far my favorite character in the game and the only one I truly enjoy.

Saltsizzle

Smash Journeyman
Oh don't worry. It's not about you. In fact I had an easier time against you than others I had played. I don't mean you are worse than them, maybe it's just the lag thing.
In fact I have played against Fruity and some others. Every player I played seemed to have similar skills. Is it just normal for everyone here to be able to pull off the craziest things in matches consistently? I have trouble doing any basic combos with Fox so when I actually land a hit it doesn't mean much. Fox doesn't seem to have as "obvious" combos as most characters have. I really struggle with Fox combos after all this time.
Learn to jab with fox. You can connect a ton of different combos, apply shield pressure, set up for up smash, avoid getting grabbed, etc.

With online, you should just stick with it. As long as you learn from every match you should in the long term see improvement. Also if you are looking for someone to play I can play you. I'm not too good either.

Sedda

Smash Champion
You should use your favorite character period. You'll learn. Why don't you record some of your online matches for us to watch? We can help out. That way you can be aware of your mistakes.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I'm positively surprised with people feeling like helping me and I really appreciate it. I hope my posts don't sound like useless dumb whining. I just wanted to blow some steam and sharing my feelings with the game after seeing what it really is.
Maybe I could record something, anything to help a bit.
A lot of the time I hit my opponent and I get hit back before I can do anything. I know this should happen when I aerial a grounded opponent in low % but for example when I uair my opponent can almost immediately act. When an opponent Fox uses uair on me I am stuck there for like 5 years and get combo'd into anything.

Sedda

Smash Champion
Like you said, hitting other characters at low % with fox is goiing to get you punished. just show us some videos when you can and we'll help you out np

Sedda

Smash Champion
there's a schedule you can look at somewhere. i did see some pokemon stuff on it but im not sure theyll do pokemon snap

mixa

Banned via Warnings
it needs the donation incentive, but i don't know how to check if the incentive has been met other than sitting through the speedrun that comes before

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
I'm positively surprised with people feeling like helping me and I really appreciate it. I hope my posts don't sound like useless dumb whining. I just wanted to blow some steam and sharing my feelings with the game after seeing what it really is.
Maybe I could record something, anything to help a bit.
A lot of the time I hit my opponent and I get hit back before I can do anything. I know this should happen when I aerial a grounded opponent in low % but for example when I uair my opponent can almost immediately act. When an opponent Fox uses uair on me I am stuck there for like 5 years and get combo'd into anything.
It's not just you. Fox is a bad character. His options when his opponent is at 0% are awful.

Top Bottom