• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i don't see flashing invincibility on my emulator, and i'm not sure i see flames from falcon's fsmash.

also mario tennis is all ****ed up.

BLOOD 0F GANON

Smash Rookie
Well I have no idea how you ended up here, but this is the smash 64 subforum. So yeah sure you can ask about PM here if you want, but don't be too disappointed when nobody answers your question. I just thought you'd prefer asking in the right section where you would have a lot more chance of getting an answer.
I was afraid of that because the help forums get very little feed back which is normally the case on all forums from my experience.

The Star King

Smash Hero
This is the exact kind of sentence I abhor. You seem to be grouping moves into categories of effect based on whether or not they are ground moves or aerials. Do you have evidence that the hitboxes are different types based on the move that generated it?
AFAIK: A hitbox is a hitbox; has certain size, damage, and base knockback attributes depending on what move it came from, but doesn`t interact differently if it's a special move or aerial or smash that generated it.
wat. I'm just explaining how it works, and somehow you abhor my explanation, lol. I'm grouping them into aerial vs ground because that's how the game works. Ground moves have clank animations, aerials do not.

And in that very post I addressed they're not really much different besides the existence of clank for ground moves, so yeah, no need to make an issue out of nothing.

I don't know how it works from a code standpoint, whether it's a "different type" of hitbox or what. I just know that's how it works (unless I made a mistake somewhere, since I was describing it from memory... feel free to correct me).

In fact, I assumed this was all worked out mathematically already. It appears not. The Samus Nair/Uair v Egg situation is based on damage differential, like whether moves cancel (clanking) or generate a same time hit (both connect). Hit the egg with X% damage and it will recognize a "hitbox interaction" and harmlessly break, not enough and it pretends it just connected normally, with hurtbox.
This is what I was saying. You're literally just restating my point. Thanks I guess?

It's like... I explain how it works, you say "I assumed this was all worked out mathematically already. It appears not", even though I just explained it, and then say the same thing I was saying. So much wat.

Last edited:

Studstill

Smash Ace
wat. I'm just explaining how it works, and somehow you abhor my explanation, lol. I'm grouping them into aerial vs ground because that's how the game works. Ground moves have clank animations, aerials do not.

And in that very post I addressed they're not really much different besides the existence of clank for ground moves, so yeah, no need to make an issue out of nothing.

I don't know how it works from a code standpoint, whether it's a "different type" of hitbox or what. I just know that's how it works (unless I made a mistake somewhere, since I was describing it from memory... feel free to correct me).

This is what I was saying. You're literally just restating my point. Thanks I guess?

It's like... I explain how it works, you say "I assumed this was all worked out mathematically already. It appears not", even though I just explained it, and then say the same thing I was saying. So much wat.
Yeah, I mean you`re right, it`s either a hair-splitting irrelevant difference or we`re in agreement, really. So you can`t have a "clank" in the air? Either way, yeah it`s just a taxonomy difference. I think the main difference is that I would never refer to a "move" in technical analysis of SSB, but would refer to the hitbox generated by that move. Subtle, sure. Didn`t mean to sound offensive, I guess abhor is a strong word. :)

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
so lebron had to be carried off the court last night because of cramps

and isaiah thomas said
"There is no athlete on the planet who could've played through those cramps," Thomas told Yahoo! Sports. "Michael Jordan absolutely couldn't have played through those cramps. I absolutely couldn't have played through those cramps. As an athlete, there's nothing you could do."

okay

kobe shot free throws on a torn achilles and walked off with no help

manu broke his nose, had it reset, came back into the game and helped win

MJ had the ****ing flu and dropped like 60

bird played the last few years of his career with his back constantly shifting in and out of position

brook finished a game with a broken foot

cramps

**** outta here with this weak ass fake ass poser ass organization

Studstill

Smash Ace
SANGOKU: Can I get this thread to be Smash related only? The Kabal v Cobr just kinda happened, that`s borderline, but cool, but straight Basketball posts?

SANGOKU: Can I get this thread to be Smash related only? The Kabal v Cobr just kinda happened, that`s borderline, but cool, but straight Basketball posts?
I`m a ****ing idiot, sorry, nevermind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skrlx

Smash Champion

and isaiah thomas said

okay

bird played the last few years of his career with his back constantly shifting in and out of position

cramps

**** outta here with this weak *** fake *** poser *** organization
Physical injuries? Okay.
Playing with the flu? That is not okay. You are putting other people at risk for contamination.

Sangoku

Smash Master
90% of the time people call flu a benign aspecific upper airway infection. But still, we don't want their rhinoviruses, so they'd better wear a mask.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
Can I get this thread
are you ****ing joking me

here let me give you a quick little reminder of what thread this is

Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!
can you guess the key word in the title

here i'll make it easier

Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

hey let me put it this way, i've had the flu in its contagious form and something that felt like the flu but wasn't contagious (which could've been what mj had that particular day, i do not know)

what i WILL SAY is that the flu is one of the worst pains i've ever felt, aching body and bones, constantly cold, no appetite, puking, diarrhea, dehydration, can't sleep, can't blink without being reminded the headache is extremely rough...i couldn't drag myself out of bed for four days. i had absolutely no strength to move my body.

i couldn't promise i'd make two baskets for 950 trillion dollars if i had the flu

****'s damn impressive, regardless of how foolish it was for them to let him play

still better than the ******** fear the other players had of catching hiv from magic

Last edited:

Maliki

Smash Ace
it's gonna be a slow weekend. I need anime recommendations. HELP ME, ANIME GODS

Yo Sedda, look some of these up maybe you'll find one interesting!

Hunter x hunter
Death Note
Attack on Titan
Sword Art Online

These are some good animes that I've seen. I put the list in order from what i thought was the best to worst.

Overall they are all fantastic.

stylisland

Smash Apprentice

and isaiah thomas said

okay

cramps

**** outta here with this weak *** fake *** poser *** organization
Yo i'm not lebron but one time i was skating and got heat exhaustion and got dehydrated a little and my calf started cramping, I couldn't even walk for a few hours my muscle just wouldn't work. It felt like everything in the back of my calf just flexed like way beyond the norm and wouldn't unflex. If you touched it thats exactly what was going on. the muscles weren't contracting back to the relaxed state. I never experienced something like that and if that's what lebron was going through, then his trainer should be fired because he didn't hydrate properly prior to game 1 of the nba finals. what a noob.

Shears

Smash Master
I never cramped once in my years of running track or playing sports. That leg cramp lebron got was because of hydration, like stylisland said, and poor conditioning. If you want to be the best and win a championship and you're the star of your team, then no excuses. I hate lebron.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
yo rob, you know that a cramp feels like a muscle is twisted right, haven't you ever had a cramp of some sort?

i got a cramp in my leg ONE time playing basketball on an outside court in summer time, and yea i remember not bringing water/gatorade that time, and the FOUNTAIN was broked

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cramp

A cramp is a sudden, severe, and involuntary muscle contraction or over-shortening; while generally temporary and non-damaging, they can cause mild-to-excruciating pain, and a paralysis-like immobility of the affected muscle(s).

paralysis-like immobility of the affected muscle

paralysis-like immobility

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
yes, i have gotten cramps, severe ones because i forgot to bring water to the park while playing ball...and had a few chugs of water, did some stretches, and it went back to normal

and i got a really bad one yawning once that felt like my neck was gonna explode

regardless, his fault, should've been drinking water (they knew the ac unit was broken), he a *****, #babybackbitchbronbronain't****

let me know when he breaks his nose, gets it reset, and continues to play

Vale

Smash Ace
So I just got back from my college orientation and thought to myself, "I should go try some new show" before coming on here. Just watched episodes 1-9 of Ping Pong and have to say it's really good.

@ mixa mixa ,
Do you know what they're using to make the animation? The style resembles something hand-drawn, but having to recreate a static background for every piece of motion seems like way too much work with other options available. If it is drawn, would they just copy a base image to build the scene around?

Studstill

Smash Ace
Warning Received
are you ****ing joking me

here let me give you a quick little reminder of what thread this is

can you guess the key word in the title

here i'll make it easier

hey let me put it this way, i've had the flu in its contagious form and something that felt like the flu but wasn't contagious (which could've been what mj had that particular day, i do not know)

what i WILL SAY is that the flu is one of the worst pains i've ever felt, aching body and bones, constantly cold, no appetite, puking, diarrhea, dehydration, can't sleep, can't blink without being reminded the headache is extremely rough...i couldn't drag myself out of bed for four days. i had absolutely no strength to move my body.

i couldn't promise i'd make two baskets for 950 trillion dollars if i had the flu

****'s damn impressive, regardless of how foolish it was for them to let him play

still better than the ******** fear the other players had of catching hiv from magic
No, I`m not kidding you. Jesus, it`s like you`re operating with a 70 IQ sometimes.
http://smashboards.com/threads/soci...d-to-talk-about.216422/page-736#post-16846365
That`s the post, where I thought you posted about basketball in the Cognitive thread followed immediately by me realizing my mistake on my own, apologizing, anbd calling myself a ****ing idiot, thus handling the entire mis-post incident by myself. But thanks for showing off your **** graphical design skills, you should devote less time to being a dramatic forum prostitute and more time to thinking about your Smash game.

Hunter x hunter
Death Note
Attack on Titan
Sword Art Online

These are some good animes that I've seen. I put the list in order from what i thought was the best to worst.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, both seasons; solid gold. Heard attack on titan was good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sedda

Smash Champion

Hunter x hunter
Death Note
Attack on Titan
Sword Art Online

Thanks dude. I've seen all of those except for hunter x hunter, which my friends have been trying to get me to watch for a while. I'll give it a go

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Thanks dude. I've seen all of those except for hunter x hunter, which my friends have been trying to get me to watch for a while. I'll give it a go
Show is quite solid

Also, recently started watching Ergo Proxy, it's solid and very different.

Last edited:

prisonchild

Smash Ace
yes, i have gotten cramps, severe ones because i forgot to bring water to the park while playing ball...and had a few chugs of water, did some stretches, and it went back to normal

and i got a really bad one yawning once that felt like my neck was gonna explode

regardless, his fault, should've been drinking water (they knew the ac unit was broken), he a *****, #babyback*****bronbronain't****

smh.

swimmers die from cramps, their bodies' seize up and they drown. I'm pretty sure you can still walk/swim with a torn Achilles, painful as it may be.

what LeBron had is referred to as a full-body cramp, people that have a lot of fast-twitch muscle fibers and a low body fat % are more prone to them. these full-boy cramps are different then a simple muscle cramp. a simple muscle cramp is one where you can stretch the muscle out for a few minutes, hydrate and then be alright a little later. the training staff did this when LeBron first came off, he managed to get one play out of it and then his body seized up. you can't just stretch that out lol.

I had some friends who called the heat trainers a joke, complete disgrace, etc. etc. for not stretching LeBron out and not hydrating him after he went out for good, one even went as far as to say that icing a cramp is 'monumentally stupid'. the ice was to dull the pain and it also acts as an anti-inflammatory.

PS...

he finished the play and finished the game.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
calling myself a ****ing idiot,
you got one thing right in that entire message

sustained, prison, at the nose thing. i actually remember seeing that but it slipped my mind.

bronbron is still a crybaby whether or not he has a full body cramp or a toe cramp, as evidenced by his play throughout the years. the worst part of it is the fact that if it were any other player, there would be 0 media coverage concerning it, and no discussion anywhere. nobody would have anything to say if george hill got carried off, nobody would be sticking up for him, ragging on him, talking about the trainers, blaming him, blaming the arena, etc.

that's what i dislike the most. but of course, he's gonna get painted to be a hero and probably drop 44 on sunday and put the entire spurs team in foul trouble. just the way it goes.

and he ain't gonna drown on the court if his body seizes up. also how do swimmers drown? where are the lifeguards? are they not present at competitive swimming events? or do you mean in general when people are just swimming around?

kys

Smash Ace
There's plenty of other players who would receive a ton of media coverage for dropping out of an NBA finals games, especially when you look at the numbers and the effect Lebron had on that game. George Hill is a horrible example because he's not one of the top 10 players in the league, hell probably not even top 100.

I've learned never to judge someone else's pain tolerance or competitiveness in the face of injury because you just don't know. We've all had differing degrees of the flu, to go to the Jordan example. I've been stuck in bed for 3 days, and I've had it much more mild. We don't know the severity of the flu Jordan had. Who knows? It may have not been that bad but he played it up. I'm not saying that's the case, but we just don't know.

It's also a little asinine to think that Lebron would come out of an NBA finals game for anything other than being physically unable to move.

This marks the first time that I've actually defended Lebron. People are crazy.

prisonchild

Smash Ace
you got one thing right in that entire message

sustained, prison, at the nose thing. i actually remember seeing that but it slipped my mind.

bronbron is still a crybaby whether or not he has a full body cramp or a toe cramp, as evidenced by his play throughout the years. the worst part of it is the fact that if it were any other player, there would be 0 media coverage concerning it, and no discussion anywhere. nobody would have anything to say if george hill got carried off, nobody would be sticking up for him, ragging on him, talking about the trainers, blaming him, blaming the arena, etc.

that's what i dislike the most. but of course, he's gonna get painted to be a hero and probably drop 44 on sunday and put the entire spurs team in foul trouble. just the way it goes.

and he ain't gonna drown on the court if his body seizes up. also how do swimmers drown? where are the lifeguards? are they not present at competitive swimming events? or do you mean in general when people are just swimming around?
crybaby? it's not like he asked to have cramps, it's not like he asked anyone to talk about his cramps, and as far as I know all he said about the cramps was that it was frustrating for him not be on the floor playing. the media hypes stuff up to no end but don't confuse that with LeBron. I despise the media more than most. I also despise those nitwit fans that jump the gun on everything and said the stuff you said. whether it's people saying the spurs turned the AC off on purpose or whatever or saying that LeBron is 'mentally weak' for not playing through it, I think it's all ridiculous.

and regarding the swimming, it's mainly for long-distance swims but not necessarily during a competition, it could also be during training. I have heard of some rare cases where people get these cramps at a community beach and stuff like that, where the lifeguards might not see them because there are a lot of people and you can't exactly flail around to make a scene when you are seized up.

it's obviously rare for that to happen to swimmers but it just highlights how incapacitated you are when it does happen.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
insert joe johnson in hill's place. put in ginobili. howard. love. any great player who merely gets ignored because of low marketability (howard's has dropped in recent years because of his team switching).

maybe. i am perfectly aware i'm being stubborn and ignorant, by the way, but it's purely because of my distaste for lebron and the media's overall attitude concerning the nba. if it were february i'd probably have a different attitude. but it's the finals and all, so..

also prison, i didn't mean that he's a crybaby cuz of the cramps. i meant with everything else he does (and thus it wouldn't be a far stretch to view the cramps in the same way, considering all of his other theatrics). runs up the court with his arms out looking around when he got called for a foul (which should net a T so often, but ya know, it's bronbron). don't get me started on the flopping (which is a problem in general, but it seems like not a single ref is aware there are only a handful of players who could ACTUALLY knock him down. i don't think jr smith or hill could give him a bump and send him flailing).

i'm still waiting for them to call his signature o foul with the fend off every time he starts a drive. but no, that won't happen.

Last edited:

yOLORIN

Smash Apprentice
LeCramp is a baby look how he acted when he first went out (around 7 min mark in 4th quarter) made a huge scene, what kind of superstar/leader does that? Spurs are superior team this year and should win in 6 :)

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
mint, sedda, and mixa are all the same person in my mind. really cant tell the difference

im going to try to get prince to come to apex. I remember wario also expressing interest. I'm like 70% sure i am going to japan again for 10 days in july so hopefully ill see them then

Last edited:
Top Bottom