• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

kys

Smash Ace
I was shocked the spurs didn't win last year
I was too. Think of all the crazy circumstances that happened for the Heat to win. First there's the game 6 miracle of Lebron hitting the three, Leonard choking on the free throw and then the Bosh to Ray Allen scramble. What are the chances of all of that happening? Then you throw in Mike Miller and Shane Battier going off at the 3-point line . . . yeah that's not happening again.

Sedda

Smash Champion
I'm excited about the Sony stuff later today. Really looking forward the rumored Miyazaki game that will hopefully be shown today (Miyazaki the director of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1, not Miyazaki from studio Ghibli). Aside from that, I'm hoping for a Zelda game for the Wii u tomorrow and the invitational tournament too. Not that I think I'll be buying a Wii U, but I love Zelda.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
i opened smashboards with ads to see what ads i'd get
and i don't know how you guys do it

if i had no other option but to see ads, i'd watch one youtube video a month or sth like that

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
All of my ads are Domino's Pizza ads. I hate Domino's lol
As a Dominos Store Manager I'll murder you! Then again apparently the quality is vastly different between America/Australia Dominos.

The only things I wanted to see at E3 were KH3 and Fallout 4 stuff, but that's never gonna happen.

Sedda

Smash Champion
I like your lava cakes! (if they sell those in australia)

Fallout 4 is bound to happen sooner or later. Fallout 3 was soo good

Sedda

Smash Champion
New Miyazaki game announced =D

That's all I wanted from day one. Now just give me a Zelda game and I'll be good.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
the best of smash4 impressions

L-Cancel – doesn’t seem to be in
Delay after throwing someone. Really hard to follow up
Dash dancing is impossible
Crouching to cancel dashing is impossible
Dashing is really questionable in this game

Fox (PPMD)
- Lag after shine
- No brawl cancel shine
- Short Hop laser = lag on land
- Up-Smash is nerfed (People lived at 110%, hitbox is smaller)
- Brawl Bair, Brawl Fair
- Brawl D-Throw

Dashing is really questionable in this game
wow

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
yeah. it's like "we took tripping out, but we'll add tons of lag to EVERYTHING *REGGIEFACE*"

looks pretty, but other than that, GFs looked 100% brawl meta lol

Also, how do you **** up DASHING for god's sake

Last edited:

tehz

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, he got to time someone out while Sakurai watched.

It's like my dream.

Sedda

Smash Champion
I thought sakurai had spoken about how he knew that some people were frustrated with playing Brawl online because of how effective camping was. great job sakurai!

we still have 64 though. best smash ever

mixa

Banned via Warnings
i always wonder what smash sakurai plays for pleasure, and how

though these creative people are weird and it wouldn't surprise me if he said he rarely plays videogames at all

Annex

Smash Ace
GFs was embarrassing. Just straight, campy brawl meta.
Is there hitstun? There seems to be, but maybe people just aren't attacking after getting hit far, or don't know the momentum cancels for the game?

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
zero suit samus couldn't hit a uair after a dthrow when kirby was on 0%. there's definitely hitstun but a lot of ending lag for moves apparently

like there's heaps of ending lag on grabs which made it hard to follow up on

Last edited:

Annex

Smash Ace
what now?
When you get knocked back in brawl you can do an aerial after 25 frames or airdodge after 13, regardless of damage or knockback.

^ why brawl sucks

Certain aerials would dramatically lower your airspeed, so people would do them 25 frames after getting hit and survive a lot longer.

Sedda

Smash Champion
There's too much ending lag on everything that you do for hitstun to even matter, plus the airdodge system is the same as brawl's lol

tehz

Smash Apprentice
I think the players said there were no brawl-style momentum cancels, which I guess is a good thing. You can't even ledge-hog now so I guess being able to actually kill of the sides with attacks is nice.

They could still barely connect two moves together thanks to move ending lag and the dumb infinite airdodge.

Vale

Smash Ace
"fox usmash didn't kill at 110%"

Was the move fresh? Brawl's (and apparently Smash 4's) stale move system works quite differently than 64/Melee. We could see it in the GF match where Kirby was trying to KO with uthrow.

Top Bottom