• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Sedda

Smash Champion
Korra herself is barely likable, but I love the world. The way they've written Mako has been atrocious though

Sangoku

Smash Master
I don't have that much freedom-restriction power sadly.

I'm not gonna derail the other thread further so I reply here.
It's one of the oldest ones. That's the point.
It's one of the oldest? I didn't know, got any link? Still I don't see how that's an argument as most chinese people can't speak cantonese. It's like saying "going to germany to tell them how to speak latin", with the argument that latin is older. That's exaggerating obviously, but I still don't understand your comparison.

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
Sangoku, are you trolling or missing the point? I was trying to tell him that there's no use in telling people who are good at what they do and understand each other well to change the way they do things. That's how you cause unnecessary tension. Why does everything have to be some complicated with you

Last edited:

Sangoku

Smash Master
I know your point, I don't understand why you said cantonese instead of mandarin. If it seems to you that I'm bothering you then ok, let's stop talking about that.

I didn't know everything was complicated with me either, I'll try to be more careful.

Sedda

Smash Champion
I was just trying to show studstill that what he's doing doesn't make sense, and he's just being annoying to a bunch of people (including you, considering his affection for super old threads). Nobody is going to change because of him.

I know mandarin is more widely spoken (especially with the younger generation), but I think I went with Cantonese because of the last couple of Chinese history classes I took a couple of years ago.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
so the magazine that published my first poem (the altar collective, vol ii) accepted another piece of mine for vol iv. i must say, i'm impressed with how they're progressing. the size is increasing, the quality of the mag itself is getting better, and hopefully at some point they'll be able to run a scrip service and upgrade from laminate with staples. at some point, if all goes well, they'll be able to offer a monetary incentive. as of right now, everything goes right back into the pot for future publications.

also if anyone knows of any editorial positions in their city or got a family member who is in the field...let a brother know.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
What the hell is wrong with people in this community. Seems like people spend more time trying to make cute witty comments to put someone down than trying to have regular conversations. People can blow up the smallest harmless comment and turn it into a war. If people talked to me like that in real life, I would knock their teeth down their throat. Everything doesn't have to be a conflict. Go to the outside world sometime and get some damn social skills instead of being a jackass all the time thinking you're trolling someone, please.

Last edited:

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
At the end of this weekend the USB to N64 adapter will become a USB to N64/NGC adapter.

For N64, deadzone and range can now be set while playing (using combinations with the L button). One issue left to tackle with the xbox L and R triggers ( only happens on Linux :/ )

My next project will be a 0-delay adapter for N64 -> USB, because I hate the 2-3 frames of delay that come from the raphnet

What the hell is wrong with people in this community. Seems like people spend more time trying to make cute witty comments to put someone down than trying to have regular conversations. People can blow up the smallest harmless comment and turn it into a war. If people talked to me like that in real life, I would knock their teeth down their throat. Everything doesn't have to be a conflict. Go to the outside world sometime and get some damn social skills instead of being a ******* all the time thinking your trolling someone, please.
Come to zenith and find out how friendly we are in real life

Last edited:

mixa

Banned via Warnings
yeah, it's still airing

and as i was typing this little message ping pong 10 started downloading in my torrent :happysheep:

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
At the end of this weekend the USB to N64 adapter will become a USB to N64/NGC adapter.

For N64, deadzone and range can now be set while playing (using combinations with the L button). One issue left to tackle with the xbox L and R triggers ( only happens on Linux :/ )

My next project will be a 0-delay adapter for N64 -> USB, because I hate the 2-3 frames of delay that come from the raphnet

Come to zenith and find out how friendly we are in real life
Thanks for confirming triggers still not fixed, makes feel a little better that I can't afford zenith. Tell me when you get that taken care of, the dream of having a console adaptor is still alive c:

Skrlx

Smash Champion
I looked into building one for myself, but the Beaglebone Black or w/e is sold out everywhere. Sadface.

Last edited:

¨°PÞ-§°¨ Bane

Smash Apprentice
would anyone be interested in watching me stream? i kinda want to start but i'd need to buy a new gfx card first and would like to know if anyone would even watch

¨°PÞ-§°¨ Bane

Smash Apprentice
i'd probably just stream whenever i felt like it but i'd maybe also have a day/time out of every week where i'd stream for sure. i'd likely either stream earlier in the day (12pm - 6pm) or later at night (midnight or later) cause that's when people in my house go to sleep and i get the least amount of lag

asianaussie

Smash Hero
hey @ asianaussie asianaussie , do you play tcg online? what program do you use?

talking pokemon
i dont really play online, i prefer irl, but if i do i use playtcg.me (bebessearch.com to make a deck) - only problem is it has a bad shuffling algorithm

pokemon tcgo is kinda eh, i do have access to a shared acc with a bunch of cards but i cannot be bothered

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
Thanks for confirming triggers still not fixed, makes feel a little better that I can't afford zenith. Tell me when you get that taken care of, the dream of having a console adaptor is still alive c:
It will be fixed tomorrow lol
I wasn't lying; its 100% working now. One question: How far down do you have to press on the trigger before it registers a button press? Right now i have it at halfway.

i'd probably just stream whenever i felt like it but i'd maybe also have a day/time out of every week where i'd stream for sure. i'd likely either stream earlier in the day (12pm - 6pm) or later at night (midnight or later) cause that's when people in my house go to sleep and i get the least amount of lag
Mariguas is always looking for someone to play with

Last edited:

Vale

Smash Ace
What's the Pokemon TCG like now? I stopped playing after Dark Snorlax/Electrode went out of rotation (think around the time of the Blaziken/Gardevior box). The only TCG I still play is Yugioh, but that's because it was the easiest one for me to convince my friends to also play and I found Dueling Network before anything free for Pokemon/Magic. I'd be up to play against people in Pokemon if they didn't mind me not knowing what any of the cards do.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
it's mostly uninteresting, the game creeped tremendously about a year and a half ago, with 130 HP basics that dealt 120 for three energy and had an abhorrently powerful attack for one double colourless

now it's about 170-180 HP basics that plow through opposing pokemon and a host of support pokemon that are valued either because they murder the aforementioned 170-180 HP basics, or because they have incredible utility elsewhere

cbf linking every card (google the names for card pics)

the current top tier (imo) consists of:

Yveltal EX variants
Virizion-EX/Genesect-EX/G-Booster
Thundurus-EX/Deoxys-EX/Lugia-EX/others

In addition, a few Trainer cards define the format - Muscle Band, an equip card that adds +20 damage to every attack, Hypnotoxic Laser, which poisons the opposing pokemon, Virbank City Gym, which causes poison damage to increase to 30 rather than 10 - as you can see, doing lots of damage is paramount right now, and OHKOs/setting up for OHKOs is the name of the game

There's more to it than just this, but if i were to describe it in brief, I would call it a slugfest.

Last edited:

mixa

Banned via Warnings
rofl, these new cards man. i don't know what to do with so much stuff
back when i played, the cards available were a little more than the ones featured in that gameboy game. we played something like samus dittos on hyrule

now it looks like a falcon ditto with no DI allowed

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
I just got a list of the [3] Japanese that want to go to apex. 1 is definite who has been to apex before, and 2 are maybe. The maybe's have not been to apex yet and one of them is really good lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom