• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Channighan

Smash Ace
Should I come out of RETIREMENT and play this game some more?

EDIT:

[7:30:10 PM] y_bomb: [7:12 PM] Nova:

<<< u dont need me? k bye
gavin mathis has left
[7:30:17 PM] y_bomb: pshh what a diva

My sides.

Last edited:

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Should I come out of RETIREMENT and play this game some more?

EDIT:

[7:30:10 PM] y_bomb: [7:12 PM] Nova:

<<< u dont need me? k bye
gavin mathis has left
[7:30:17 PM] y_bomb: pshh what a diva

My sides.
lol ybomb is an idiot and just gives me more reason to not join that group again

Last edited:

Vale

Smash Ace
hey guys, i just watched frozen (i'm not late on that discussion, right??)

i liked the play on true love right after meeting the person thing, but other than that, meh.
was the moral of the story supposed to be "locking yourself away from anyone and refusing to have feelings can be bad"?
everything would've been preventable if they didn't go "well, she's different, let's lock her away for her entire childhood." the only reason her powers go out of control is because they try to lock them up instead of letting her learn to use them.

edit: and let's not forget the psychological damage being trapped caused her. she calls the version of herself that sat in a room all day and didn't do anything "perfect" during Let It Go. she considers "freedom" to be the same thing as running out into a mountain by herself without any food. she's afraid of what her powers can do and doesn't trust herself because she's never been able to use them, but the first thing she does when she leaves is test her powers and build the ice castle.
tbh "conceal, don't feel" is probably in the top 5 worst pieces of advice i've ever heard

overall i'd give it a 7/10.

Last edited:

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion

i liked the play on true love right after meeting the person thing, but other than that, meh.
was the moral of the story supposed to be "locking yourself away from anyone and refusing to have feelings can be bad"?
everything would've been preventable if they didn't go "well, she's different, let's lock her away for her entire childhood." the only reason her powers go out of control is because they try to lock them up instead of letting her learn to use them.

edit: and let's not forget the psychological damage being trapped caused her. she calls the version of herself that sat in a room all day and didn't do anything "perfect" during Let It Go. she considers "freedom" to be the same thing as running out into a mountain by herself without any food. she's afraid of what her powers can do and doesn't trust herself because she's never been able to use them, but the first thing she does when she leaves is test her powers and build the ice castle.
tbh "conceal, don't feel" is probably in the top 5 worst pieces of advice i've ever heard

listen

im way too ****ing lazy to respond with a long post

but just know

**** you

and

**** your opinion of frozen

i still love you

but **** you

bye

-ktg

M!nt

Smash Champion

She got discouraged from using her powers and tried to hide them because she almost killed Anna, so it's not like she just hid them for no reason. I don't think "conceal, don't feel" is advice btw. The lines "Don't let them in, don't let them see. Be the good girl you always have to be. Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know." She is describing how she felt hiding her powers and that now that there's no one there to call her a monster, she's free to open up and be herself.

I give your opinion a 7/10

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
In terms of Fruit? I'd put most of the smash community as this:

The offline is the inside of the durian, smells like s*** after playing for too long, is badly seeded, but is rather nice and misunderstood.
The online 64 community is the outside, A lot of lag spikes.

I laughed hard

Also, found this site
http://www.koro.no/

NopeNopeNope

Last edited:

Vale

Smash Ace
**** you
and
**** your opinion of frozen
i still love you
but **** you
apart from what i stated, the movie was pretty good. it's just that it was a pretty big part of the movie.
love you too

She got discouraged from using her powers and tried to hide them because she almost killed Anna, so it's not like she just hid them for no reason. I don't think "conceal, don't feel" is advice btw. The lines "Don't let them in, don't let them see. Be the good girl you always have to be. Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know." She is describing how she felt hiding her powers and that now that there's no one there to call her a monster, she's free to open up and be herself.
I give your opinion a 7/10
It's been a few hours so I've probably forgotten what happened, but iirc she was like "whoops this was an accident better not do it again" but then the rock doc and her parents decided to never let her use her powers again. "hey, your powers are getting stronger and you don't know how to control them. just become super powerful while ignoring it. what's the worst that could happen, causing an eternal winter without knowing how to cure it? psh, what are the odds of that?"
i also thought the parents (father?) was the first ones to say "conceal, don't feel" around when she got the gloves because they made the connection between her powers and emotion, but that scene might have happened differently.
EDIT: found the transcript. King: "Conceal it." Elsa: "Don't feel it." Right after the gloves are given. This definitely seems like something the parents drilled into Elsa, rather than her own decision. However, I did miss something: The King believes in Elsa's ability to control her powers. The closing of the gates is meant to be a limited provision. However, I still believe that the parents inhibit her ability to fully interact and develop her powers by separating her from Anna and keeping her in her room.

even if she was afraid of what could happen after hurting Anna, the parents could have helped by providing an environment where she could experiment and learn what she's doing. instead, she's stuck in her room and feels like a monster. still seems like it was all avoidable.

Last edited:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Saw Grand Budapest Hotel recently, quite solid. Wes Anderson's best movie since The Royal Tennenbaum's

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I have had durian before, didnt see what all the fuss is about. You younglings just need to lick more *******.

I have durian candy too if anyone wants some.
I've had durian before also. There is a Thai market in Chinatown that I've bought various Durian snacks. Also, taking about the fresher durians, not the semi-frozen ones you find in supermarkets. There is a big smell difference

Random not, it doesn't bother certain people.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
Got 3rd at the Wisconsin regional for VGC, which puts me at 190CP 23rd place overall going into nationals

Maybe I'll be good at Smash some day

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
next article posted -> http://smashboards.com/threads/using-alternate-controllers-for-smash64.352566/

going to be in california from wednesday to wednesday and will catalog my smash adventure via TWITTER that day (SoCal tourney in WHITTIER on EASTER).

i'm thinking about something to do with regions...and/or rivalries...and/or maybe international stuff for the next one...we'll see. in any case, i could get some good viewpoints on all of them from a bunch of you guys. so answer my pm's if i send any.

The Star King

Smash Hero
next article posted -> http://smashboards.com/threads/using-alternate-controllers-for-smash64.352566/

going to be in california from wednesday to wednesday and will catalog my smash adventure via TWITTER that day (SoCal tourney in WHITTIER on EASTER).

i'm thinking about something to do with regions...and/or rivalries...and/or maybe international stuff for the next one...we'll see. in any case, i could get some good viewpoints on all of them from a bunch of you guys. so answer my pm's if i send any.
Cool article.

"Top online players like Bane, LD, Frogles, and Star King were rumored to be as good or better than top console players, but these players had learned the game using other controllers."

I don't think that's true for Frogles, is it?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Frogles was really good, I even played him recently and he still held up to be excellent.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
and iirc frogles was the one who said he could easily switch between any controller, regardless of what it was...which would be pretty cool to see. pick up ps2, hori, xbox, and og and still do well - that'd be a good exhibition at apex

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
and iirc frogles was the one who said he could easily switch between any controller, regardless of what it was...which would be pretty cool to see. pick up ps2, hori, xbox, and og and still do well - that'd be a good exhibition at apex
I am pretty proficient on hori, n64, xbox, keyboard. I am not totally horrible on SNES

mixa

Banned via Warnings
i was watching megu stream, and he was messing around with frame display (everyone will eventually open up that thing lol)
and it seems that his mupen rr can go back frames?
he was testing fox's jab on shield on pika lmao

EmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrass

anyway i thanked hijiki and he said he was glad the program was being used elsewhere

Last edited:

Sangoku

Smash Master
I've been dreaming for a backward possibility in mupen for years. The savestate+counting method is so tedious in comparison. Thank you for thanking him, I've always felt in his debt considering he did the initial Framedisplay.

B Link

Smash Lord
i was watching megu stream, and he was messing around with frame display (everyone will eventually open up that thing lol)
and it seems that his mupen rr can go back frames?
he was testing fox's jab on shield on pika lmao
Can you ask him for a link next time he streams?

Top Bottom