• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

kys

Smash Ace
@ NovaSmash NovaSmash @clubbadubba @ Cobrevolution Cobrevolution And whoever else is in that group:

Just wanna congratulate Nova on winning our bracket. I had him until we got going into the later rounds. Nice work picking Wisconsin to make it to the Final Four!

Cobr you're terrible. 7.7% lmfao

Just to be clear, I have nothing against skateboarding. It was a futile attempt at trolling. MATTS! can't pass the torch on just yet. But I do think it's hilarious how it sparked a serious conversation about comparing smash to other fighting games because of Mixa's post. LOL

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
@ NovaSmash NovaSmash @clubbadubba @ Cobrevolution Cobrevolution And whoever else is in that group:

Just wanna congratulate Nova on winning our bracket. I had him until we got going into the later rounds. Nice work picking Wisconsin to make it to the Final Four!

Cobr you're terrible. 7.7% lmfao
Oh wow, I completely forgot about that bracket lol. I liked wisconsin all year and had a feeling they would make it far.

kys

Smash Ace
Nova has Florida and 91% (Florida, Michigan State, Wisconsin and Louisville Final 4)

I have Florida and 73.8% (Florida, Iowa State, Arizona and Louisville Final 4)

The other dude who I don't know has Duke and 36.8% (Kansas, Michigan State, Wisconsin and Duke Final 4)

Clubba has Virginia (lol homer) and 33.6% (Kansas, Virginia, Arizona and Duke Final 4)

Cobr has Duke and 7.7% (UCLA, UNC, Arizona and Duke Final 4)

Basically, if Nick Johnson hadn't been a ****** and nailed the open 3 that Wisconsin gave him instead of dribbling for 3 seconds, I would've won. GGS

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
It must suck to go from a glorified d-pad to an analog stick. :yeahboi:
How about going from being able to use an entire arm, hand, and wrist for movement and an entire hand and fingers for every button possible to just using a thumb for each and two index fingers

No matter how you cut it that's a downgrade

Last edited:

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
You guys have a player tier list decided by debating? Having issues with alts or things?

What about setting up some sort of ladder system? Incentivising people to play with their real names and stuff?
One more things about this. Allisbrawl created a ladder for ssb64 which worked pretty well but for some reason no one wanted to use it. It had a chat room where you could click on someones name and send them a challenge. Both players would report the results and the ladder would update automatically. It was cool but I think the problem was that the actual point reward system was kinda messed up and not really accurate enough.

If someone here on Smashboards could implement a ladder system similar to the one that was on Allisbrawl and improve upon the rank system that would be amazing. The ssb64 ladder on Allisbrawl was taken down a while ago since it wasn't being used, so if you want to see how it was just go on there and look at the brawl and project m ladder.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
@ NovaSmash NovaSmash =)

To help you guys out we'd be happy to try and implement unique thingiemajiggies to help foster growth. I'm sure I could convince some higher-ups to have some sort of banner (y'know like Senator/Brawl Back Roomer) or a medal (next to your character icons) for participants/achievements/something or rather. If we can help you guys increase incentives for using a ladder orwhatnot, let us know.

Vale

Smash Ace
Little medals on my profile? That's it guys, see you all in SS tier.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Gentlemen, the cat stalks at midnight!!

Will report back later,

Over and out,

Your boy Kero

And by Kero i mean master

And by master i mean master Kero

So it's your boy master Kero

And by master Kero i mean Kero the great

Lol

Yo

It's your boy Kero the Great!!!

Lol I'll be back

Later gremlins

B Link

Smash Lord
@ NovaSmash NovaSmash =)

To help you guys out we'd be happy to try and implement unique thingiemajiggies to help foster growth. I'm sure I could convince some higher-ups to have some sort of banner (y'know like Senator/Brawl Back Roomer) or a medal (next to your character icons) for participants/achievements/something or rather. If we can help you guys increase incentives for using a ladder orwhatnot, let us know.
Yes let's make this just like AiB and include "staff slayer" awards as well, lel

Last edited:

Skrlx

Smash Champion
lol. Kero's stripper post got deleted by da modz.

Can you imagine a moderator at a smash tournament hear smashers talk about strip clubs, and the mod slyly asks for their smash tags, and then proceeds to find them on smashboards to give them infractions? That would be hilarious.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
lol. Kero's stripper post got deleted by da modz.

Can you imagine a moderator at a smash tournament hear smashers talk about strip clubs, and the mod slyly asks for their smash tags, and then proceeds to find them on smashboards to give them infractions? That would be hilarious.
There's a separation between on board and off =)

Too many things I've done at or around tournaments I couldn't really talk about :p Gotta live up to that family environment meta game.

Last edited:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
@ NovaSmash NovaSmash =)

as longas i can make my name purple again, sure. also, catagorize each as a thingiemajiggy.

Sedda

Smash Champion
Was Xillia any good? I'm about to buy a ps3 again soon pretty much just to play every freaking rpg that i missed this last generation

Sangoku

Smash Master
I personally loved it, but I haven't played many Tales of games, so maybe they get boring after a while (it wasn't too different from Graces F, which is the other one I played). If you ever buy it, play Jude's story first. I made the mistake of choosing Milla's first, but it's supposed to be the other way around.

Marthy

Smash Cadet
NNID
marth_lowell
3DS FC
0173-2031-9695
Switch FC
SW 1197 9118 8506
So how is everyone doing?

kys

Smash Ace
While many of you can't sympathize, I feel the need to show my sorrow for the Gators losing to UCONN. Do I think UCONN is the better team?? Hell no. In a 7 game series I would bet everything on the Gators. But today, UCONN was better. It happens. It is the nature of one and done tournaments (Japan you are as dumb as the NCAA). But as a proud student and future alumnus, I will say, "LIFE GOES ON. GO GATORS!!!"

Marthy

Smash Cadet
NNID
marth_lowell
3DS FC
0173-2031-9695
Switch FC
SW 1197 9118 8506
What band do you guys like? I love Red, if you have ever heard of them. Yeah, I like Marthy all bloody. I am weird I know. I just hope that in Smash 4 Marth stays Japanese. He would sound so weird in English. Unless he had a nice voice that suits him, then it would be ok.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
While many of you can't sympathize, I feel the need to show my sorrow for the Gators losing to UCONN. Do I think UCONN is the better team?? Hell no. In a 7 game series I would bet everything on the Gators. But today, UCONN was better. It happens. It is the nature of one and done tournaments (Japan you are as dumb as the NCAA). But as a proud student and future alumnus, I will say, "LIFE GOES ON. GO GATORS!!!"
Does it hurt to know that the team they will be playing the championship is a team that you mollywhomped 3 times this year?

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Two of Florida's three losses this year were to UCONN. I'm not sure if Florida was a better team than them.

Top Bottom