• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
A lot of you don't know this, but I've been working on writing my first ever novel recently. It's titled The Wonderful World of Wilsbach. It's about a teenager, ME, and his views of the world.

After I'm done with this project, I'm probably gonna do something SSB related, so stay tuned ******s. I'll keep you all updated.

Speaking of updates, my german professor walked by as I was skating earlier. She gave me those, "damn boy, I know I have a boyfriend, but I would **** the **** out of you, you young and sexy american beast, god damn I want you, omg I'm so turned on right now," eyes.

Guys, I know I haven't mentioned her in a while, but I'm still so in love and it pains me that I can't have her.

**** man.

She's so beautiful.

ANYWAY. I've got some ***** ass paper to write yo. Like I had to observe a middle school class for a day for my education major, and my ***** teacher wants me to write a paper about a student I observed that had a disability. Like, what? *****, they were all very ****ing normal kids, who are you to assume that there was a ****ing kid in the class with a god damn disability. And further more, am I like the ****ing disability whisperer or something? Am i supposed to see a kid and just be like, "yo you know what, that kid definitely has a disability." Yo some kids are just ****ing weird, I have no right to assume that any one of those kids had a disability. Like some people just don't get it yo. Bout to lie my way through this bull****.

Man wtf.

Yo idk. I gotta stop slacking now.

Check out this picture of this funkadelic cat!

I'm thinking of using this photo as the photo of me that will appear in the back of my novel. For the "About the Author" section:

Hi i'm joey, i ****ed your mom. Lol peace.

idk

gotta go

later gaters

Last edited:

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
A lot of you don't know this, but I've been working on writing my first ever novel recently. It's titled The Wonderful World of Wilsbach. It's about a teenager, ME, and his views of the world.

After I'm done with this project, I'm probably gonna do something SSB related, so stay tuned ******s. I'll keep you all updated.

Speaking of updates, my german professor walked by as I was skating earlier. She gave me those, "damn boy, I know I have a boyfriend, but I would **** the **** out of you, you young and sexy american beast, god damn I want you, omg I'm so turned on right now," eyes.

Guys, I know I haven't mentioned her in a while, but I'm still so in love and it pains me that I can't have her.

**** man.

She's so beautiful.

ANYWAY. I've got some ***** *** paper to write yo. Like I had to observe a middle school class for a day for my education major, and my ***** teacher wants me to write a paper about a student I observed that had a disability. Like, what? *****, they were all very ****ing normal kids, who are you to assume that there was a ****ing kid in the class with a god damn disability. And further more, am I like the ****ing disability whisperer or something? Am i supposed to see a kid and just be like, "yo you know what, that kid definitely has a disability." Yo some kids are just ****ing weird, I have no right to assume that any one of those kids had a disability. Like some people just don't get it yo. Bout to lie my way through this bull****.

Man wtf.

Yo idk. I gotta stop slacking now.

Check out this picture of this funkadelic cat!

I'm thinking of using this photo as the photo of me that will appear in the back of my novel. For the "About the Author" section:

Hi i'm joey, i ****ed your mom. Lol peace.

idk

gotta go

later gaters
My family and I diagnose people as a hobby

B Link

Smash Lord
^I mean, the mupen that can go back frames (i.e. rewind)

Thanks for the stream link, and wow @ the combo

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
I can never get used to the physics lol. It's fun to play with my friends, but I'd have to play it exclusively for a bit to get used to it.

I think Jaime also beat Korean DJ at Apex.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I can never get used to the physics lol. It's fun to play with my friends, but I'd have to play it exclusively for a bit to get used to it.

I think Jaime also beat Korean DJ at Apex.
He's a really good boozer, he's won some large tournaments in Arizona as well.

Vale

Smash Ace
Project M is pretty cool. Probably the closest to 64 in terms of supposed balance, but the metagame is young so it is equally likely some characters are on dumb levels of broken and we just suck at using them. Melee and Brawl ATs combine surprisingly well, but I personally prefer 64, in part due to comparative simplicity.

Sedda

Smash Champion
Something i dislike about PM is that they've nerfed some characters without much breathing room. They don't even let the meta evolve before they start making big changes. Not a huge concern since I don't play it competitively, but it's just such a new game that big changes are not necessary.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Something i dislike about PM is that they've nerfed some characters without much breathing room. They don't even let the meta evolve before they start making big changes. Not a huge concern since I don't play it competitively, but it's just such a new game that big changes are not necessary.
The only major example I can think of in this case was Sonic who was, well in terms of wizzrobe and others, being played at such a higher level than other characters.
otherwise, there really hasn't been too many giant nerfs.

The biggest issues with the game are:

Crouch cancelling is OP as hell, it should be made weaker.
You retain too much momentum when you tech, aka, if you get hit by a really powerful move you can't stop in place like in melee, you'll go flying.

Sedda

Smash Champion
Weren't TL and Lucario nerfed as well to the point where everybody dropped them? I think Sonic deserved being nerfed, but maybe not to the extent he was.

Shears

Smash Master
Basically, they nerf a character if they win a big tournament or one of the developers can't beat them. Its a bunch of whinny sissies who flip the board game over when they start to lose. I've been to a couple PM tournaments and every time a combo is made or someone takes a stock they all label it "broken" and demand a nerf. Instead of adapting or learning a matchup, just nerf it. Instead of developing the meta to figure out each characters true potential, just nerf them all back to equality. Instead of admitting that you're not as good as someone else or need to make a character change, just nerf them. Gotta love PM am I right...

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
I just found out that they're making a 64 mod for brawl called reality 64 and I'm scratching my head at some of the things they are putting in it.

• Keep Side Special
  • Keep Up Throws and Down Throws
  • Keep 4 Taunts
  • No fastfalling on aerials

Shears

Smash Master
I just found out that they're making a 64 mod for brawl called reality 64 and I'm scratching my head at some of the things they are putting in it.

• Keep Side Special
  • Keep Up Throws and Down Throws
  • Keep 4 Taunts
  • No fastfalling on aerials
If its not too much of a bother, tell them to add wavedashing. Thats really 64 like.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
The kicker is that their 64 costumes are alt costumes. lolol

That project is an entire joke. (Except for Madao. He's cool.) But yeah, that's what happens when you have non-64 players make a 64 mod.

Vale

Smash Ace
The kicker is that their 64 costumes are alt costumes. lolol

That project is an entire joke. (Except for Madao. He's cool.) But yeah, that's what happens when you have non-64 players make a 64 mod.
We're not sure how the costumes are going to work out just yet, but yes, they probably would be as alternates. The visuals aren't the most important part of 64, but we do want to represent them.

I addressed the points that Nova brought up in the Reality 64 thread, but would like to know if having four taunts is seriously a turnoff for other players. They literally do nothing. Side-b removal has been argued, and there are people on the tema both for and against it. We're going to have a poll & discussion thread up about it when we get around to it. I'm open to here the arguments for and against it now. I personally think the move should stay, but if there is a majority against me with decent reasoning there shouldn't be a problem with removing it. IIRC, we already have the code to do so.

If its not too much of a bother, tell them to add wavedashing. Thats really 64 like.
We're removing air dodging, but the joke was nice.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Nothing wrong with more taunts. Pretty much Brawl's biggest contribution to the series.

Last edited:

Marthy

Smash Cadet
NNID
marth_lowell
3DS FC
0173-2031-9695
Switch FC
SW 1197 9118 8506
Well I preordered Smash 4 on Tuesday so I am good. For 3DS anyway. Will Marth stay Japanese, or speak English? I hope he stays Japanese, his voice is sexy.

M!nt

Smash Champion
So, I just looked at the smash 4 site and wtf Greninja is a character wttf what a waste. Greninja isn't even popular like Mewtwo and Lucario are. Wii fit trainer is equally as stupid. I bet Mewtwo will be added back because of his mega evolutions in x and y.

Vale

Smash Ace
Greninja is to promote the new game. Sakurai's making it work pretty well. As much as I love Mewtwo, I'm not sure he'll be back. Lucario & Charizard are repping Mega Evolution already.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Well I preordered Smash 4 on Tuesday so I am good. For 3DS anyway. Will Marth stay Japanese, or speak English? I hope he stays Japanese, his voice is sexy.
lol me too. I've never played the Japanese version. I wonder what Marth sounds like in the Japanese version. :yeahboi:

Sangoku

Smash Master
Yeah the biggest problem about that reality 64 project is that most of these people aren't competititve 64 players... As I said in that thread I don't think any 64 purist wants to have side b's and other typical Mêlée stuff.

Vale

Smash Ace
Yeah the biggest problem about that reality 64 project is that most of these people aren't competititve 64 players... As I said in that thread I don't think any 64 purist wants to have side b's and other typical Mêlée stuff.
I understand that people don't like it, but I haven't really heard why yet. Is the lack of a side-b one of the major reasons people prefer 64 to Melee/Brawl? I just figured it would be a cool way to expand a character's moveset, but that's obviously not the same line of thought as others.

Top Bottom