• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
how feasible would it be to have a modded clear controller with LED's that lit up the buttons when they're pressed?

Fox shine shield breaks would look awesome
hmm
i know you can have led's to work with/instead of rumble but that adds lots of weight

as for light on button press, i am not sure tbh but if you directly wired the required contact point with 3.3v from the controller/console, this might be able to happen albeit may also permanantly damage your controller board. i am going to be opening up some controllers tomorrow and adding LED's so ill bring an old grey controller board to test this theory on. i hope i can make it work without damage.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Been playing with Alvin (fox/Peru) on p2p the last month or two.

5 frames. Not perfectly smooth but still pretty good.

The perks of living wayyy south, playing the South Americans at decent frame delay. Good times.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
http://oi41.tinypic.com/ljhie.jpg

from now on when i enter tournaments i would like to be introduced as, 'Cobrevolution, Number One Tetris Player in New Jersey'
I should register myself under NJ also

usernames
MacroBlizz (bad pun, I know, my main account)
CT_KoRo
KoRoBeNiKi

On another note, new pokemon generation revealed: image here:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
nah, they're introducing DNA fusion in the next pokemon game

pokemon X and Y refer to the chromosomes

why else would all these pokemon fusions suddenly become popular? clearly a nintendo plot

Battlecow

Play to Win
Started practicing DI and finding the best way to hold my hand and vibrate my thumb and stuff like miyagi used to do

pretty sick results tbh IDK how much I can incorporate without affecting my game after the DI but I'm gonna start trying to DI a lot of hits that I currently just take and figuring out little ways to get out of random situations and throw people off

smart di > strong di > most people's DI

IMO good DI makes the game better not worse. Defensive options yo. Stop taking those uair combos for granted!

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
"Cobrevolution, Number One Tetris Player in New Jersey, negligible ranking in Smash 64."
that's ****ed up han

that's ****ed up

Started practicing DI and finding the best way to hold my hand and vibrate my thumb and stuff like miyagi used to do

pretty sick results tbh IDK how much I can incorporate without affecting my game after the DI but I'm gonna start trying to DI a lot of hits that I currently just take and figuring out little ways to get out of random situations and throw people off
i saw this method in a video last year and do it with great results. i thought it was how everyone did the input? that is, let your left thumb go slack as you move the controller with your right, yeah?

Battlecow

Play to Win
yeah but like

you gotta find the specific way that's best for you

and it's different for every direction

and you can experiment with like how loose you wanna hold your stick hand and how much oppositional movement is optimal and in some situations the movement should come from your thumb joint and in some you should hold your thumb rigid and move your left hand in addition to the right hand shaking

Timotheus

Smash Journeyman
I played a guy from japan yesterday. We got 9 Frames. He said he played jousuke and kikoushi recently and never heard about smashboards

meowmeowrainbowkitty

Smash Apprentice
yeah but like

you gotta find the specific way that's best for you

and it's different for every direction

and you can experiment with like how loose you wanna hold your stick hand and how much oppositional movement is optimal and in some situations the movement should come from your thumb joint and in some you should hold your thumb rigid and move your left hand in addition to the right hand shaking

ezpz bcow :p

practice by having a cpu use a fireflower against you, then DI into it /above it.

RickySSB

Smash Ace
Im not going to finish my new All Character Combo Video at time D:
I have to move to another city t_t

TANK64

Smash Lord
Maybe we can Ask someone here to change it back.
Yeah, I posted about it in the suggestion thread in announcments yesterday.

Then today Bionic just announced that there will be forum update tomorrow that should fix it.

And hopefully make this place look prettier...

but from the sounds of it, there still won't be a smash logo anywhere to be found >___>

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I had the most ridiculous Nintendude DI last night vs battlecow. I got hit by the tip of Pikachu's f-smash way off the stage and still got a reverse ledge DI XD

cmu6eh

Banned via Warnings

smart di > strong di > most people's DI

IMO good DI makes the game better not worse. Defensive options yo. Stop taking those uair combos for granted!
See where that d-pad is on your hori pad? I can now make that be used for DI. If you are coming to zenith you should try it out

killa k

Smash Ace
I'm going to Zenith. Is Fireblaster riding with you guys? If so, that probably won't work out since we're not too cool as of right now lol. Thanks for the offer though.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
I'm going to Zenith. Is Fireblaster riding with you guys? If so, that probably won't work out since we're not too cool as of right now lol. Thanks for the offer though.
What happened? I thought you guys were friends.

Battlecow

Play to Win
See where that d-pad is on your hori pad? I can now make that be used for DI. If you are coming to zenith you should try it out

Yeah and I'm sure someone could rig up a system to make sure I got 10 inputs every frame, but I don't want that

there's a limit, man

Top Bottom