• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Sedda

Smash Champion
I'm moving to Panama. I was born there and I'm moving back for a year. There's a very very small Melee scene over there, but it's basically a handful of people who are ok and they play at a store where Magic tournaments are held. I'm sure they'd be down to play 64 here and there, but nobody plays it over there.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
You'll be fine. You can still play online at reasonable delay with North and South America.

If you don't play online for some reason I'd recommend you start, cause you're right Panama probably doesn't have the greatest console scene.

Sedda

Smash Champion
Yeah I've been playing online a little bit lately. Gonna take advantage of that this summer before I leave.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
That's not the spirit!

But I have a solution: low tier tourney.
Good idea, I remember the last low tier tourney someone hosted never finished for some reason but it wasn't during summer so maybe it would have better luck now.

cmu6eh

Banned via Warnings
Kb adapter at ~ 1-3 frames right now.

I accidentally left the power thing from the n64 hanging and it touched the board and smoke starting rising and it damaged the board. Still works but it fails randomly. I'm going out now to get a new one. I know another quick fix which will cut a frame out, then I have a bunch of work to do testing other peripherals like usb keyboards and stuff, and then i can make adjustments to my software to squeeze one more frame. Then we will have 0-2.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Lag has nothing to do with your speedtest result.

1) Make sure nobody else use your connection (downloading, torrenting, youtubing or even browsing)
2) Make sure you're close enough to the server (that would generally affect delay more than lag, except if you ping spoof)
3) Make sure it's not CPU lag (ie lags offline)
4) Some say wireless may lag for no apparent reason
5) If your still lagging, either your connection is unstable, or your ISP throttles, or I don't know.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
Anyone listened to Daft Punk's new album? I'm really digging it

Also, Pacific Rim is my most hyped movie this year, it just looks amazing

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
limped my way across the lawn on a badly sprained ankle to collect my diploma, shake my dean's hand, and officially graduate.

i'm going to eat my weight in chicken parm and drink everything in sight.

congrats to me. also congrats to whoever else graduated!

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Congrats dude. My degree hasn't done much for me. Hopefully you got a good one.

I need to go to grad school.

B Link

Smash Lord
Damn using Link against DK on DL is so lame. You pretty much have to camp like a little ***** all match to win, and if you approach you die.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Dude that's like my favorite Link MU

You can go ultra aggro. I go harder than ever in that MU. B Link your post is like the exact opposite of how I feel lol

Olikus

Smash Champion
I dont think ultra aggro is very smart if you play against a DK on your own level on DL. DK has a very good defence game, and if one of the worst(if not the worst) agro caracthers like link starts rushing in he's mostly in trouble.

Defensive link has a good shot though, bombs ***** apes.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Komo stop. You're bumping threads no one cares about and making it harder to find threads people are currently involved in.

This is getting ridiculous.

cmu6eh

Banned via Warnings
Where I work we call the fat pills.

I played on the adapter with an xbox controller all day yesterday; works like a charm. I might use it in tournaments so I can map the n64 controller d-pad to directional inputs to give me hax DI.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
That would be silly. You can spam a keyboard button more efficiently than a d-pad IMO.

Way to be inefficient cmu.

cmu6eh

Banned via Warnings
Why do you subscribe to so many threads wtf? ya'll only need to subscribe to the livestreams

Top Bottom