• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

TANK64

Smash Lord
Body Building Post

you're past 300 now? wtf do you only bench lol. i'm at 165 and although my bench is weak, i hit 235 (only db press now). how tall are you/bf?/ what are your other lifting stats? i only know a few people who have similar stats but they are wrestlers and look jacked. curious now for vids :)
Wut, Y u no read my other posts people!! It's cool though :reverse: . I'll kinda re-explain.

I'm saying I only do 240 for reps, but yes I'm confident I could put up 300 once, because I've maxed 290 in the past (I wanna say three times) when I was much weaker. But have no fear I will record myself doing 300 by early December I think. And that also I would be upping weight by then (with my epic November stack) 'cause I'm jumping on creatine for the first time, AND I'm gonna be taking in more calories and carbs since I'm starting my bulk. So basically I'm gonna be making massive gains in the next 2 months.

I'm 5'11" , and I weigh 169. At my leanest I weighed 159 and was about 9% bf. Right now I'm over 10% and starting my bulk.

And yes, I train my whole body lol.

As for lifting stats. My only other cool FACTOID is that I curl 50s for reps (usually 8). The reason being is because years ago, before I started properly body building, basically I had no idea what I was doing and just did chest flies and curls... and more curls. So now that the rest of my body has caught up, my biceps are randomly strong because they had like an extra 2 years of training.

My legs are very underwhelming even though I train them consistently. The reason for that is that I work out in an apartment community gym, and they have no squat rack/I'm literally doing full stacks on every machine in the gym and I can no longer up weight. I mean, 170 isn't bad for leg extensions, but for leg press... come on. As of right now I can't afford a fancy gym, so I'm sticking to this free one (which I'm pretty damn satisfied with). I can live with my legs not being huge lol.

My pecs and biceps (only when I flex lol) are really the only impressive looking muscles on my body.

well that was a rant :awesome:

ballin4life

Smash Hero
you're past 300 now? wtf do you only bench lol. i'm at 165 and although my bench is weak, i hit 235 (only db press now). how tall are you/bf?/ what are your other lifting stats? i only know a few people who have similar stats but they are wrestlers and look jacked. curious now for vids :)
1.5x bw is not a weak bench if that's your 1RM. If you do 1.5x bw for reps ...
gtfo with your modesty

ballin4life

Smash Hero
oh ok. yeah i see that one all the time "oh yeah i'm so weak, i only bench 225" or "oh man i only squat 315". Even in my college gym 225 would be easily 90th percentile of people benching. Maybe 95th. And 315 is probably double the 90th percentile for squat at your average gym lol

of course i'm just mad jelly cuz i rep 165 (body weight ~170) on bench. a few months back I used to do 135 though, and i remember in high school I couldn't hit 135 for a 1RM.

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
I feel like a beast whenever I'm at the gym and everyone else is doing >100 pounds less than me on squat, deadlift, and bench.

cyoonit123

Smash Apprentice
1.5x bw is not a weak bench if that's your 1RM. If you do 1.5x bw for reps ...
gtfo with your modesty
haha I actually meant comparatively to my other lifts. But fun fact, Out of my lifting friends, only a few can't rep 315.

Oh yeah, and 235 with dumbbells is ****ing great lol.

Damn your snaking Ballin'
LOL 235 bar not db, can't go past 85s, my wrists crumble and i need them for smash play.

lol love talkin bout lifting in smash boards :D

clubbadubba

Smash Master
tank you said you're clean, but you're about to go on creatine... so i guess my question is: is creatine considered clean in the lifting world? I'm curious because it's illegal to use in high sports in my county (along with energy drinks lol)

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I'm not really a fan of "bulking up". Obviously adding some muscle is legit but IMO the lean look is way better than big and bulky.

Lean as in under 10% body fat so the muscle you do have is way more noticeable.

Been doing p90x the past 3 months to gain SOME muscle but mainly to shred body fat.

TANK64

Smash Lord
LOL 235 bar not db, can't go past 85s, my wrists crumble and i need them for smash play.

lol love talkin bout lifting in smash boards :D
Oh, was about to call you out :p lol jk jk I kid

And me too :) . I love talking about lifting. It's like smash, I just nerd out and can go on forever lol.

tank you said you're clean, but you're about to go on creatine... so i guess my question is: is creatine considered clean in the lifting world? I'm curious because it's illegal to use in high sports in my county (along with energy drinks lol)
lol Yeah creatine is def ok in the natural bb community (competitive and casual). I mean it's a supplement, but it's more of a food. Not to the point of protein, or a multi vitamin, (where you could get the same dosage per day in your diet if you really tried), but still. And lol @ energy drink, I can imagine "you tested positive for taurine." Yea that could never fly in the bb world. We love our stimulants :reverse: .

And as for in the highest pro bb curcuits, everyone's on roids soooo xD .

@Sheer, I agree, but I think we're the minority. Unless you would consider me bulky ... lol

cyoonit123

Smash Apprentice
creatine is in some natural foods that we consume. not illegal ;)

meh, i'm not gonna take creatine yet until i stop making gains. recently lost a couple pounds/ strength so once i'm back, i'll be taking some again. winter... always the time to bulk <3

meh, luckily for me i never have a problem losing fat so I look relatively lean and for an asian, i'm at a pretty decent size.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
I have this weird pain in my right shoulder ever since my drinking accident, so far I can't lift anymore.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
wtf? how could they even enforce this considering that creatine is in meat (iirc)?

also i don't understand how creatine gets this crazy reputation.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Lifting post (I like this color code ****)

I'm really just getting back into working out now, since I basically wasn't during most of college. Stupid because that's when you have the time to do it, but it is what it is. I don't have a lot of time right now, so I'm doing the Jim Wendler 5/3/1 workout now because I can get it done in 30-40 minutes 4 days a week and I've gotten good results. Is the 5/3/1 a good program?

CREATINE UPDATE: My mistake. The rule is that coaches (or anyone involved with the program) may not suggest or promote creatine to student athletes. And if anyone is using it coaches have to tell them they shouldn't. Energy drinks aren't allowed though. Its not like they test students much (or at all that I can remember).

Post #1337

TANK64

Smash Lord
^^nice leet post count.

@Ballin', because the stupid people are the loudest, and the majority of people are ignorant on the subject, so they go on the misinformation of the stupid. Vicious cycle. And you know nobody wants to RESEARCH stuff, that's harder.

It's hard to get rid of whatever myths about creatine after having a bad reputation for a while. I think it'll be better IN TIME.

I've heard people have the same mindset about protein lmao. Telling me to "be careful" with my health, like it's anabolic steroids lol.
Which can be taken safely btw, but that's a whole different convo

People just assume that all FOOD SUPPLEMENTS are crazy drugs.

@WOTG, sad face. Get well soooon.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I feel so inferior every time people start talking about fitness

maybe I should like exercise

or make any sort of effort to eat better

but that would be a waste of my youthful metabolism

cyoonit123

Smash Apprentice
Meh, my pushup count went down quite a bit since i gained some weight. Number is not amazing.

@Tank, someone who knows information about lifting and supplements? :awesome: i could seriously talk about this for days...

@clubba, 5/3/1 can give you pretty sick results but there's always some variation that people add including isolations. Are you using his program or sort of your own? It works really well if diet is in check.

@bcow, it'd be a waste to not get bulky using that youthful metabolism ;)

clubbadubba

Smash Master
i never got an answer to this
clubba is the best now.

@cyoon, doing the big but boring version for some days, triumverate for others, both of which are options given by the program. I'm definitely not gonna plan out my diet or anything, but I eat a lot healthier now that I work all day so I have to pack a good lunch and don't snack on **** all day. Good to hear the program is not bull****! I dunno how its so good since only one of the sets is tough but hey I'm not complaining

malva00

Smash Master
(8:22:13 AM) Isai Alvarado: http://www.dpchallenge.com/image.php?IMAGE_ID=1039311
(8:42:04 AM) Jenson Santiago: TURRIST
(8:42:29 AM) Isai Alvarado: TOURIST? THIRST? TURRET?
(8:49:17 AM) Jenson Santiago: nope
(8:49:33 AM) Isai Alvarado: oh
(8:49:35 AM) Isai Alvarado: TERRORIST?
(8:49:47 AM) Jenson Santiago: NOPE
(8:50:17 AM) Isai Alvarado: then I have to ask, what do you mean Jenson?
(8:50:53 AM) Jenson Santiago: turrist
(8:51:54 AM) Isai Alvarado: any synonyms? can you use it in a sentence?
(8:52:14 AM) Jenson Santiago: Sure
(8:52:48 AM) Jenson Santiago: "The horse jumped over the fence. Turrist."

<__<

Battlecow

Play to Win
Language barriers are entertaining.

I hear this battlecow kid beat star king's mario. I guess that makes him the best on kaillera now.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
no, depending on his mood at time of posting, sk will

a) admit that bcow has gotten a bit better at reading his exceptionally predictable mario he never spent time on

b) talk about how his mario sucks and that pikachu has more of advantage against mario than anyone, even like, falcon :troll:

i honestly forgot who the mario > falcon advocate is, that's how bad my memory is these days

gideonisbaas

Smash Rookie
super smash bros online

Hi all some one told me that you can play bros online on your pc. and i got it to wurk but now i dont have anyone to play with.

i'm kinda new on this form so i hope this is the right place to look for players
i'm from holland so I hope this does not prevent a good connection
you can send me a message here or on skype ty ;)

Top Bottom