• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

M!nt

Smash Champion
lol I like the anime talk :3c

gonna watch Chuunibyou over the weekend, looks really interesting.

serge

Banned via Warnings
So, what has happened to the online competitive scene? There used to be an active ladder and online tourneys every now and then. That was a big part of the fun for me and other players even though tourneys could be hard to finish sometimes due to people not playing. Anyways, if anyone could host a competitive online event (tourney, ladder, character belts) that would be cool.

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
Ladder ?, that **** is dead bro. And iirc the community attempted to do online tournies in the past but that turned out to be a problem, like you said due to people "not playing" and....having internet issues with kaillera; dropping packets, desyncing etc etc. lol

serge

Banned via Warnings
True, but at least people tried to do something in the past. No one even attempts to host events now, it can't hurt to try.

TANK64

Smash Lord
so from this we have discerned tanklin likes the smart, quiet book-girl archetype, probably with glasses
*Looks at Sailor Mercury avy*

Fuark lol. Guess I just got called out.

...Oh god, am I like this in real life... o__(O)

Stop inception-ing me!

Also check out Guavaween/Halloween Footage!

¨°PÞ-§°¨ Bane

Smash Apprentice
online competition doesn't exist anymore. online is just for fun, though i suppose some people use it for bragging rights

if you want competition you have to go to an event

kys

Smash Ace
About a year ago I was going to do a low-tier teams tournament, but I held off because clubba tried hosting something (not the league). If there's enough interest in something like that I would think about it.

kys

Smash Ace
To clarify, Pika, Kirby, Falcon, and Fox would be banned.

I debated Mario and Yoshi, but they're probably in.

At the very least I would need 4 teams to start it, and the total number of teams that join would determine if it would be a straight up bracket or some sort of round robin.

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
EDIT:Skimmed through your post but didn't notice till now that it was a low tier tournament.

The Star King

Smash Hero
And I didn't see the teams part.

IDK then. I have never seen a team tournament work well ever. And also I have no friends.

M!nt

Smash Champion
I'd be your teammate! but, then we'd lose.

like remember when I pika jolt'd you into that ness upb which in turn also hit me.

lol, classic

kys

Smash Ace
MATTS! hosted one a few years ago that boom and isai won. He did a good job. I think it's just a matter of only letting in reliable people and being a hard *** when needed, which I have no problem doing.

But yeah, ****, off the top of my head I can think of tacos, mint, sk, boom, killer, clubba, bombb, and myself. There are others that I can't think of right now, but just right there we'd have 4 teams.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I'd be your teammate! but, then we'd lose.

like remember when I pika jolt'd you into that ness upb which in turn also hit me.

lol, classic
Yeah I remember, 'cause it was such bad teamwork that it was funny

Uh, at least you keep me entertained in defeat

the best strategy is just to kill your teammate

if you need something done right, do it yourself
Yo I love doing this to certain people who take the game too seriously :troll:

MATTS! hosted one a few years ago that boom and isai won. He did a good job. I think it's just a matter of only letting in reliable people and being a hard *** when needed, which I have no problem doing.

But yeah, ****, off the top of my head I can think of tacos, mint, sk, boom, killer, clubba, bombb, and myself. There are others that I can't think of right now, but just right there we'd have 4 teams.
Yeah funnily enough MATTS!'s tourneys in general were among the most successful. That guy.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
didnt respond because i was just skimming swf before studies

it's ok, i think quiet book girl is also my favourite archetype (sans glasses)

and aussies dont celebrate halloween enough for me to find relevance in there

tank we're still cool, right

TANK64

Smash Lord
Keep forgetting the time difference with y'all

Glasses 2 gud

Dang, Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year

We cool 8)

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
Hmm.... I guess you gotta use a specific version I suppose. :\ I don't know how legit this version is though and how well it will work online, but yea you should like do what Mint says and find a copy of windows. But it won't hurt to see if this version works though.

http://down.emucr.com/v2/x5kj0pk87l2kgml

EDIT: Forgot your new, Mint is wintergreen if you didn't know xD

Battlecow

Play to Win
How/Where do I download smash64 for MAc?
you're gonna want to run boot camp on your mac, which like lets you put windows on it instead of the mac operating system

it's not that hard, I did it and I don't know anything about computers

you need a copy of windows (I got one through my school for free, if you can't do that then IDK maybe someone on here can tell you how to pirate it?) but most newer macs come with bootcamp stuff. and like a blank DVD but that's not expensive.

you're gonna need to buy an adapter to play with your controller, that won't run you more than 20 bucks or so tho

NEW POST on a different topic so I don't feel bad about double posting

The one and only Kerokeroppi just agreed to MM me for $50 at apex

should be pretty hype. Nice symmetry to it, his chance to redeem himself from the first time he came online and so forth.

Who knows what kind of preparation those kids have been doing?

It'll be fun to watch

unless he takes me to hyrule. If he takes me to hyrule it will be fun for no one.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
TANK I am not sure whether to like your new avatar or not

Also just out of curiosity who are now the big names on Galaxy now or is it still A Star King/MATTS!/Frogles/Killer/Boom Heiarchy

serge

Banned via Warnings
So just a random question.

You guys consider tourneys to be successful as long as they finish...even if half the people in those tourneys where wrongly DQd?
No, I wouldn't consider that to be successful. In Which tournament were half the people disqualified? I remember in some of MATTS! tournies there were alot of dq's but that was from people not playing.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
oh im not sure specificity i just know that a lot of people did get removed from those tourneys and a lot of people complained about it

Starting another tourney is easy, it's just the matter of would anyone actually be interested? And if there is a bit of interest, do they want the DQs to be harsh in order to push things along?

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
It would be cool if we can have a fifth person ingame just to stream the low tier tournament matches, but knowing how Kaillera is with running programs in the background, lag is sure to be imminent. If it was possible to get that to work we'll attract a lot of new players via stream.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Tournies are a good thing, people just need to play their friggin matches, stop making people wait, if you're gonna be busy then don't sign up for it. And people need to finish the tourney.

Someone should make a tourney, because then I'd play serious (probably) and I'd like to PWN play to win champs like battlecattle.

Top Bottom