• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Yobolight

Smash Lord
It would be cool if we can have a fifth person ingame just to stream the low tier tournament matches, but knowing how Kaillera is with running programs in the background, lag is sure to be imminent. If it was possible to get that to work we'll attract a lot of new players via stream.
dooooo that.

serge

Banned via Warnings
Tournies are a good thing, people just need to play their friggin matches, stop making people wait, if you're gonna be busy then don't sign up for it. And people need to finish the tourney.

Someone should make a tourney, because then I'd play serious (probably) and I'd like to PWN play to win champs like battlecattle.
I may host a tourney soon then. It will be 8-16 players, regular singles, double elimination, backroom ruleset. Only ppl with 50 post or ppl who I know will play.

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
dooooo that.
Another problem with that is that "people half do ****" :laugh:. Would be cool if we can get the whole tournament bracket done in one day, but I doubt that would happen seeing that parts of the bracket gets done different days depending on the players being able to play that specific day.

B Link

Smash Lord
This is why online tournies should be 1 day.

1 day tourneys

Benefits
- finishes in 1 day (in fact, a couple of hours tbh) -- do people actually like tournies that last 1 1/2 years? ROFL
- you can prepare yourself for 1 day as opposed to having to re-warm-up every few weeks or so for your next bracket match
- less unexpected dropouts
- these tourneys would likely be on FRIDAY-SUNDAY; you don't have to get called out to play on a weekday when you're tired from work/school

Costs
- some uncommitted players will not attend on the tourney day (if they were this lazy they were probably gonna drop out of a No Schedule Tourney anyway)
- it's hard to select 1 day that everyone can attend

No Schedule Tourney

Benefits
- Players have the freedom to play their matches whenever they want (is this really an advantage? lol)
- More players feel like entering because of the above^ benefit, (but this also means that a lot of these players will be less committed players, i.e. they just enter for the sake of entering)

Costs
- 1/3 of the players drop out of these tournies
- Tourney potentially lasts from a couple of months to more than a year

I've always leaned towards 1 day Tournies in spite of the advantages of No Schedule Tournies.

kys

Smash Ace
Uh, Izuhu, you do know that five can't join a game on kaillera, right?

If we wanted streamers someone cool like Knitephox or Isai would have to be playing and streaming at the same time.

Guess I'm not gonna do mine because serge's (gav's) singles tournament would be a lot more popular and there's no way people are going to finish two tournaments.

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
?
I know you could "only" have 4 people playing
but I could of sworn back then I started a game with a fifth person in it because he wanted to spectate the match. :\

EDIT: If one day tournies are established they should be held on a Saturday like any other tournament.

B Link

Smash Lord
I've hosted one before and it is best better 100%. It just takes a lot of effort on the tourney host's part and not many people have that kind of time and energy.

TANK64

Smash Lord
TANK I am not sure whether to like your new avatar or not
Like it!!! :awesome:
---------------------------
@Omega, lol xD
@Ballin', About to start my November stack! :)

Preworkout: BlackPowder (by MRI)
Protein: HydroWhey (by Optimum Nutrition)
Creatine: Anabolic Switch (by MRI)

I'm 169 lbs, and pretty damn lean (well, 10%bf MAYBE).
Time to get fat!! :D (but not really... lol)

I'll update you about how it goes/the results.

I'm tryna get REAL jacked by the new year.

Basically when I get eliminated at Apex, I'm just gonna throw the building :cool: .

Battlecow

Play to Win
Tournies are a good thing, people just need to play their friggin matches, stop making people wait, if you're gonna be busy then don't sign up for it. And people need to finish the tourney.

Someone should make a tourney, because then I'd play serious (probably) and I'd like to PWN play to win champs like battlecattle.
Not gonna be entering tournies because my dum university gives me lag spikes sometimes and I was a real hardass about that back when I didn't lag so I'm gonna STICK TO MY GUNS and say that laggers, even very mild and occasional ones, have no right to be in tournies

if u wanna MM sometime I'd be down tho

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Not gonna be entering tournies because my dum university gives me lag spikes sometimes and I was a real hardass about that back when I didn't lag so I'm gonna STICK TO MY GUNS and say that laggers, even very mild and occasional ones, have no right to be in tournies

if u wanna MM sometime I'd be down tho
You my sir are so honorable.

Nah I don't gamble, too risky.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Like it!!! :awesome:
@Omega, lol xD
@Ballin', About to start my November stack! :)

Preworkout: BlackPowder (by MRI)
Protein: HydroWhey (by Optimum Nutrition)
Creatine: Anabolic Switch (by MRI)

I'm 169 lbs, and pretty damn lean (well, 10%bf MAYBE).
Time to get fat!! :D (but not really... lol)

I'll update you about how it goes/the results.

I'm tryna get REAL jacked by the new year.

Basically when I get eliminated at Apex, I'm just gonna throw the building :cool: .
dude with that new avatar i kinda thought you were aa for a sec and was like whoa aa is gonna be ****in swole

cheeseball341

Smash Journeyman
Jeez bro, calm down. It was just a little racism between friends.

But on that topic @tank, weren't you telling us you bench pressed 300lbs a while back. If you're 169, I'm gonna have to call e-statin.

TANK64

Smash Lord
^^Holla

But on that topic @tank, weren't you telling us you bench pressed 300lbs a while back. If you're 169, I'm gonna have to call e-statin.
Wut, no. I said my max was 290. I do 240 for reps. I don't max often, but the last time I did (6 months ago?) I put up 290 lbs a few times fairly easily. I'm sure I could put up 300 once though. As a matter a fact, I'll record it.

I'm aware my STATS are pretty impressive, but I'm all NATURAL. It's cool though, people don't even believe my in real life lol. Peeps in the gym give me the "do you even lift" look when I'm putting the plates on. I think it's because I have that Christian Bale effect going on. Where I just look like some skinny guy until I take of my shirt, and then I'm randomly jacked xD .

And I was 159 like a month ago :p , but I lost some strength. Now I'm back up to my prime and will be upping soon :cool: .

I'll be fat by Apex...

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I'm aware my STATS are pretty impressive, but I'm all NATURAL. It's cool though, people don't even believe my in real life lol. Peeps in the gym give me the "do you even lift" look when I'm putting the plates on. I think it's because I have that Christian Bale effect going on. Where I just look like some skinny guy until I take of my shirt, and then I'm randomly jacked xD .
uh yeah that tends to be the case when you bench double your weight...

clubbadubba

Smash Master
been gone a few days, missed a lot apparently. I just wanna say that 1 day tournaments are the way to go. You don't even have to make them that big or plan them that far ahead. I made something a while back that got overlooked in the competitive events section (hence why it got overlooked i bet). It was a thread to post results from quick 4 man tournaments, and then I would post them to nintendude's ranking system (which we should use more). I doubt it exists anymore, but we could still do it. Moral of the story, next time you're playing teams with 3 other real players, turn it into a 4 man round robin tourney.

also, i need to buy this album soon

cyoonit123

Smash Apprentice
what do you mean? People thinking I'm lying, people thinking I'm on the juice over the internet, or people giving me a weird look because I'm benching alot?
you're past 300 now? wtf do you only bench lol. i'm at 165 and although my bench is weak, i hit 235 (only db press now). how tall are you/bf?/ what are your other lifting stats? i only know a few people who have similar stats but they are wrestlers and look jacked. curious now for vids :)

Top Bottom