• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Regardless, the only reason any company would go after you for infringement is if they caught you downloading the material. Simply having it in your possession really isn't enough evidence, nor would they care to invest time and resources in pursuing you.

kys

Smash Ace
i'm (isai) going home in the morning. i'll upload my 12 character battles to my channel when i can.

i want teams on my channel too >__> someone tell knitephox. i already pmed him
There's not enough high-level teams on youtube. Those Apex vids were fantastic

Battlecow

Play to Win
I just deleted all my pirated **** except for my smash rom

I kinda wish nintendo would let me pay them some money for it

TANK64

Smash Lord
^^truuuuu. On that note:

I'm watching Pete's Dragon, and doing anthropology STUFF. Then off to the gym, and seeing if I can find a baseball for some 500, then Frisbee-Golf. When did my life accidentally become so pwn?

Hope that's not considered a "waste of time" by MikeMonster...

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I wish I could say there was. I created a thread a few weeks ago, got two replies, I disputed the points in those replies, then they never responded. I gave it a few days, bumped the thread, and still, no replies.

What do you (or anyone else) propose I do? I was thinking about making a petition thread, that I could show to them, and perhaps PM a few admins. Thoughts?
Sounds like we need to get somebody's attention. We might as well do a petition thread, it can't hurt. If you know who the best admins to PM are you should do it. Honestly we should all do it, I just don't know who to PM. If you tell me who I would gladly send them a message with my position, as would others I hope.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Had you been born into a different segment of society, semp, you would make a ****ing fantastic Global Warming skeptic.

DMoogle

A$
Sounds like we need to get somebody's attention. We might as well do a petition thread, it can't hurt. If you know who the best admins to PM are you should do it. Honestly we should all do it, I just don't know who to PM. If you tell me who I would gladly send them a message with my position, as would others I hope.
I'm honestly not sure. Here's a list of all admins:

*Bionic
*Crimson King
*dahui0401
*Gideon
*Hylian
*ironwallaby
*Kirby King
*Mic_128
*mlgjrenaud
*mlgpro
*MLG_1
*MLG_Deimos
*MLG_JV
*ScRaMbLe
*Syrome
*Virgilijus
*Xiivi

MLG_JV is head honcho of everything, but I think he's too "far up" for this kind of thing. I feel like Mic_128 Xiivi are the most active, but that might be just because they're in charge of staff relations or something. I think Kirby King does technical stuff, so maybe him. I see Bionic, Crimson King, and Virgilijus around a decent amount too...

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I think I'm gonna PM JV and ask who I should PM about this.

PM'd him, and now the waiting game.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
When SOPA passes, and all of your favorite sites are shut down due to copyright infringement, you will see that piracy is what keeps the internet alive.

TANK64

Smash Lord
Wow, never knew that beginning could work out like that.
Dude. I know you are the Wizzrobe that everyones' raving about in cfl melee. You cannot hide! I mean, how many Wizzrobes can there be!?! (I know there are at least 2 lol)

anyways. I'll be smushing today in UCF if you wanna play some 64...

maybe I can talk to this Sheer fella.

What is this, 4 people playing console. Are we gonna need another setup!

Battlecow

Play to Win
That's right. If it wasn't for brave souls like you, taking **** because you want it and you like money too much to exchange it for goods, the internet would die a fiery death. And hey, if ridiculous laws meant to combat piracy shut down the internet, it means that without piracy, the internet would collapse, right? How on earth would google or youtube survive if not for amoral *****es using them to listen to music? How on earth could reddit thrive in a world where there was no illegal file-sharing?

M!nt

Smash Champion
Wow battlecow, you must work for the RIAA to come up with a post like that.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
i love flux. it makes my eyes not hurt watching this LCD screen for extended periods (>1hr).
apparently, blue light hurts your eyes more than red light. spectrum reasons? science ppl??

everyone should try and see for themselves.

http://stereopsis.com/flux/

sux cuz blue is my fav color..still, its too legit.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
and how many days of work have you done in your life, bro?

pretty sure that SOPA is underestimated by a lot of people...it will basically destroy the internet as we know it

Battlecow

Play to Win
and how many days of work have you done in your life, bro?

pretty sure that SOPA is underestimated by a lot of people...it will basically destroy the internet as we know it
I have a job

3 during the summer

I didn't say SOPA was good, just that piracy was bad and (obviously obviously obviously) not necessary for the internet's survival.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Can you briefly compare and contrast each generation of the game?

Smash64: no competitive community for a long time. Starting around 2007 they figured out a way to play it online and a small community developed. Isai was largely considered the best Smash64 player ever, but has been outplaced by the likes of Superboom. Biggest tournament held through: Apex2012 with 64 entrants. This game though is a college favorite and I’ve seen college tournaments get 20-40 entrants, and that is with minimal advertisement. Game has funky hit boxes and guaranteed zero-deaths. Also a very defined top tier and a lot of completely unviable characters. Still, it revolutionized fighting games in that it combined the RPS guessing games of a fighter with the movement and fluidity of a plat former.

Melee: The birth really of the competitive Smash scene. Started in 2002, the game at first seemed to have reached a peak in 2006, but a resurgence after its near death in 2008 has shown that the next level of Smashers is almost mind-bogglingly fast and technical. The game added spot dodging, light shielding (removed in Brawl), L-canceling, wave dashing, direction air dodging (and air dodging in general), Side-B moves, and the C-stick for quick Smashes. Recoveries for all characters were improved. Melee has been the most balanced of the bunch, containing roughly 5-6 viable tournament characters (if the standard is winning a large-scale national) and almost 10 semi-viable characters (placing top 8-16 at nationals). The Melee ruleset, once having over 10 stages, has condensed to an average of about 6. Most Melee tournaments use nearly the same ruleset now that the game has existed for over a decade competitively.
My favourite parts are: "completely unviable characters", and "no competitive community". I also didn't know melee was the first game to add L-cancelling, or is the most balanced.

This is EXACTLY what smash 64 needs, more misinformation by people who know nothing about us and putting it on the front page with a featured thread. I mean really, I even raised my hand to answer stuff like this in chobopeon's thread.

Top Bottom