• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I just wanted to say how crazy life is. With everything happening as crazy as it is. I wake up one day and I'm broke, wake up one day and there are all these thousands of dollars in my bank account. I would generally say that today was one of the best days in my life (although it ended pretty crappy), and it just reminded me that there is SOOO much I haven't done. I have tried. I really have, but I just look back and see of bunch of failures. Kind of ironic as I am better than anyone in anything when it comes to talent (always thought it was a sick joke). You think I would have accomplished something worth living for. When the most important minor goals I couldn't complete. If I do die tomorrow morning, I have nothing to take with me but sadness, and all the people I just can't seem to forgive. I say I do, but I don't mean it. My heart is so filled with hate, and I feel like noone can understand. I just want to let it all go but I need someone else. I'm just so sad I don't' know what to do but cry- Cry, cry, and keep crying. There are so many people I wish I could talk to, but I know that's impossible.

If I can end up getting my hair cut tomorrow, then that would be cool. So simple.

Bought shoes today. All red high top chucks. They feel so good. So simple.

I just wish I could be normal, and love other people (and maybe one day be loved...)

hope I don't get made fun of for this post for the rest of my life. LMAOJKdflajsklfjakl;fj;jl. That would suck.

Really wanted to learn German this year...

It's funny that I could never put something like this as my Facebook status. I wouldn't feel comfortable doing so as most people who read it don't know me that well.

Isn't that supposed to be the place for your "real" friends irl?
... wow ...

B Link

Smash Lord
I don't know why but whenever I read Alphazealot's post the following is what I imagine him thinking while posting:

Smash64:
- no competitive community for a long time. (How's that for a good first impression?)
- Starting around 2007 they figured out a way to play it online and a small community developed. (Aw how cute. They deserve a pat on the back for that one.)
- Isai was largely considered the best Smash64 player ever, but has been outplaced by the likes of Superboom. (Ah, I never ever ever would have thought that Isai could lose in 64! <- Wait a minute, I can substitute that line with that of any typical melee/brawl player in the Apex and Genesis results threads! That's unheard of!)
- Biggest tournament held through: Apex2012 with 64 entrants. (I wonder if anyone who will read this far will have discovered my intentionally 64-crippling tone, if not let me continue)
- This game though is a college favorite and I’ve seen college tournaments get 20-40 entrants, and that is with minimal advertisement. ("No! I'm not trying to belittle 64 again by mentioning right after the previous line that despite its impressive local popularity, it fails to garner even double that amount when an international event occurs!" is what I would say in reply to those who are trying to read into things too much)
- Game has funky hit boxes and guaranteed zero-deaths. (Insert evil laugh here)
- Also a very defined top tier and a lot of completely unviable characters. (If metaknight doesn't instantly pop into their heads upon reading this message I should quit writing forever)
- Still, it revolutionized fighting games in that it combined the RPS guessing games of a fighter with the movement and fluidity of a plat former. (And now I'll end off with: "Just like how the axe revolutionized the stick by allowing it to chop wood more effectively." Oh wait, maybe I should leave that out)

Battlecow

Play to Win
Um... I love you, Tank, but how wasted were you when you posted that?

Also **** AZ, seriously, dude's a know-nothing ******

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
That's right. If it wasn't for brave souls like you, taking **** because you want it and you like money too much to exchange it for goods, the internet would die a fiery death. And hey, if ridiculous laws meant to combat piracy shut down the internet, it means that without piracy, the internet would collapse, right? How on earth would google or youtube survive if not for amoral *****es using them to listen to music? How on earth could reddit thrive in a world where there was no illegal file-sharing?
I just want to point out that I buy stuff. I don't buy stuff if whoever made it doesn't deserve the money, though. Yes, that's highly subjective and entitling, but it's my opinion, not yours.

Also, I don't always take because I want to. Sometimes I share because I want to! I buy (or acquire by other means) legitimate copies of stuff, rip them, and share. I don't do this to destroy media industries, but to promote said stuff (and stick it to the corporate ****s who deserve it).

I was part of a GBA/DS release group for a short while, and YES I DUMP MY OWN GAMES SOMETIMES. Not sure which is worse, the people who share, or the people who download.

ALSO, if you guys have Gamesharks, I would encourage you to dump your own SSB ROMs, because it's not that hard, and maybe people like Battlecow would get off your back.

Gosh, I sound like... I dunno. Super liberal? Ew

I'm not sure where this is/was going, but SOPA will, without a doubt, kill YouTube, reddit, (probably) Facebook, Wikipedia, basically any site with a userbase.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
i'm glad to see that tank's post still makes no sense to me now that i'm sober

chucks are good weightlifting shoes according to people on the internet

the point about facebook is kinda true too

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
ALSO, if you guys have Gamesharks, I would encourage you to dump your own SSB ROMs, because it's not that hard, and maybe people like Battlecow would get off your back.
pretty cool seeing debating on the 64 boards now and again, especially about anything relative to current events.

i must put my 2cents about this GS ripping though...

simply not possible if your gameshark DOES NOT have BOTH of the following

1) a parallel port on the backside

2) a start-up LED timer

not having a parallel port in the back seems obvious enough (to those that are aware, anyway), but without the WORKING LED start-up countdown/timer that even having the parallel port in the back as well, a said gameshark is not able to connect to a PC (win95/98/ME/XP with parallel port on the mother board[i don't know about PCI cards etc but it apparently doesn't work via parallel-to-USB]) and send OR receive data

this is all AS FAR AS I KNOW

but if someone finds out information otherwise, please do share, because my gameshark has a parallel port in the back and no working LED timer; also i would like to dabble and fiddle with some gameshark-to-pc software

EDIT:GL for getting bcow off your back. ravenous bovine.

M!nt

Smash Champion
I just wanted to say how crazy life is. With everything happening as crazy as it is. I wake up one day and I'm broke, wake up one day and there are all these thousands of dollars in my bank account. I would generally say that today was one of the best days in my life (although it ended pretty crappy), and it just reminded me that there is SOOO much I haven't done. I have tried. I really have, but I just look back and see of bunch of failures. Kind of ironic as I am better than anyone in anything when it comes to talent (always thought it was a sick joke). You think I would have accomplished something worth living for. When the most important minor goals I couldn't complete. If I do die tomorrow morning, I have nothing to take with me but sadness, and all the people I just can't seem to forgive. I say I do, but I don't mean it. My heart is so filled with hate, and I feel like noone can understand. I just want to let it all go but I need someone else. I'm just so sad I don't' know what to do but cry- Cry, cry, and keep crying. There are so many people I wish I could talk to, but I know that's impossible.

If I can end up getting my hair cut tomorrow, then that would be cool. So simple.

Bought shoes today. All red high top chucks. They feel so good. So simple.

I just wish I could be normal, and love other people (and maybe one day be loved...)

hope I don't get made fun of for this post for the rest of my life. LMAOJKdflajsklfjakl;fj;jl. That would suck.

Really wanted to learn German this year...

It's funny that I could never put something like this as my Facebook status. I wouldn't feel comfortable doing so as most people who read it don't know me that well.

Isn't that supposed to be the place for your "real" friends irl?
I don't know whether to really respond or.....umm.......Cheer up? Not a very good motivator.
German is a pretty A tier language along with Japanese, I might take it next semester sense my university doesn't offer Japanese ; _ ;

The Star King

Smash Hero
How is Japanese an A tier language? As someone who is taking Japanese, it doesn't seem very well made. TBH I have yet to see a language that's actually well-constructed (I heard Latin is good though).

Sangoku

Smash Master
"I just deleted all my pirated **** except for my smash rom

I kinda wish nintendo would let me pay them some money for it"

Lol how I was waiting for this. You wish. Too bad they don't. Fortunately they don't.

And AA: when did I say the opposite? I'm just saying you aren't. Lie and say I'm wrong now.

"Not sure which is worse, the people who share, or the people who download."

I think in Switzerland, only sharing is illegal. Of course, downloading often means sharing at the same time (p2p).

The Star King

Smash Hero
Maybe Mint. I don't know too much about it so I can't really say. According to my mom it's a well made language.

Yeah I know Sangoku but I'm talking about Latin itself.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
And hey, I have a physical copy of Smash64, so once upon a time, I paid Nintendo for it.

I'm a fan of the "if you at least own the game, it doesn't matter if you're using a ROM" philosophy. Even if you didn't dump it yourself. Some people just don't have access to that kind of tech and even if you do, it's still not endorsed by the game-makers.

TANK64

Smash Lord
Sorry about my post. I think I was over served.

I'm alive.

I actually feel a lot better since posting than rather than embarrassed (a little embarrassed though lol).

and yea- Japanese is probably next after German lol. I like it too.

2012 already kicked 2011's *** and we're not even 3 weeks in LMAO.

M!nt

Smash Champion
That's nice to know Tank :D glad you feel better
I actually thought you were joking or something by the ways some of the people in here were posting.

The Star King

Smash Hero
English is a relatively OK language if you ask me. The one thing that bothers me is the ****ty spelling system. But I like how rich it is - a huge choice of synonyms for many words, each with a slightly different tone/connotation that gives it a unique niche in the English language. I also like the affinity for short words you guys have. Some people have given me strange looks when I say that sort of thing, but trust me - English speakers like short words.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Sorry about my post. I think I was over served.

I'm alive.

I actually feel a lot better since posting than rather than embarrassed (a little embarrassed though lol).

and yea- Japanese is probably next after German lol. I like it too.

2012 already kicked 2011's *** and we're not even 3 weeks in LMAO.
I think you're a good person and I have a decent amount of brotherly affection for you.

Latin's a pretty ****ty language, taking five years of that **** was the biggest mistake I've ever made

Esperanto is the ****, S-tier all the way.

Battlecow

Play to Win
^^I have no problem with that. Certain kinds of piracy (e.g. if you have the CD but you're too lazy to go downstairs, get it, and put the music on your ipod, so you just download the mp3) are illegal but not wrong, because you have a right to the property you're taking.

It's when you haven't paid for the item in question and you don't have a right to it that piracy becomes blatantly wrong.

I really doubt that anyone will enforce SOPA to the point where youtube is shut down, simply because there would be actual protests and **** at that point, but yeah, it's a silly law.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Really Battlecow? What's wrong with it? That's a shame, I guess all well-known languages really do suck

TBH I have never heard of Esperanto and had to go look it up. Sounds cool. I noticed its phonology is based off of Slavic languages so it'll probably be pleasing to my Russian ear :awesome:

Battlecow

Play to Win
When is it not wrong?

Other than when you're pirating a book that has secret clues on page 457 on where the Triads are hiding your sister.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Latin is pretty bad according to a lot of people I know who studied it.

I didn't mention Esperanto because I wouldn't really consider it as a real language.

The Star King

Smash Hero
It did? I remember them getting rid of the stupid timer recently. Was that because they were CLINGING to survival?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
no, US lawyers just sprung one of the biggest criminal cases in history (max sentence like 55 years for multiple people), several new zealanders have already been arrested and the site portal is down

they got rid of the timer and speeds went up to 1mb/s...you will be missed, megaupload

Top Bottom