• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

The Star King

Smash Hero
The analog stick should be where the left handle is, and the left handle shouldn't exist.

<--Gamecube controller lover.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Rockin' the avatar Near style
don't care Star King
. Thoughts?

James is quite good at einhander, he discovered the video ages ago.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
i figure if i buy a nintendo Gamecube controller i'll become instantly pro with ness.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Rockin' the avatar Near style
don't care Star King
. Thoughts?

James is quite good at einhander, he discovered the video ages ago.
I actually like it so lol @ the spoiler.

You're thinking of my issues with usernames, not avatars.

DMoogle

A$
I love system restore, it has worked perfectly for me the only two times I've had to use it (first time my primary hard drive died, second time Windows 7 SP1 install ****ed up).

asianaussie

Smash Hero
system restore: utterly useless whenever serious **** goes down

using 7 or Vista recovery bios...whats that, your system image is corrupt? SUX2BU BUY THE RECOVERY DISC FOR $200 TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM OUR FREE UPDATE CAUSED HERP

and people wonder why microsoft piracy abounds

lucky i found our old vista disc >_>

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
and this is why I always have Ubuntu as backup OS for Windows 7 just in case it craps out , saved my *** many times
The only reason I switched from linux back to xp is because my techie could not get wireless internet working. From what I have experanced with the OS EVERYTHING is better.

That is sad statement because Linux is effectively free, and it is better.

Microsoft needs to fix that.

Unfortunately...

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I actually like it so lol @ the spoiler.

You're thinking of my issues with usernames, not avatars.
I get confused between you and Battlecow for some reason, he is the one with the grudge against all things Death Note. My apologies. Glad to know you like it though.

System restore has been useful once for as long as I have had my current computer (7 years...seriously need a new one). However since it worked that one time I've been faithful in keeping restore points ever since.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I had a virus on my computer in which no programs would open at all, and instead, a pop-up window would say that the program may be a threat to my computer, and I should download something (obviously, the pop-up was the problem, so I didn't click it). It was to the point where I couldn't even load task manager, because the pop-up would prevent it. It even did all that in safe mode.

I did a system restore, and everything was fixed.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Was that Antivirus pro? I had similar symptoms as your virus, but I found Malwarebytes got rid of it no sweat.

Gowa

Smash Apprentice
Hey folks, I thought my internet was to blame for my recent lag but I have discovered that it was my graphics card bugging out. After reseating the graphics card, everything is all fine now.

I am back to play smash with you guys again :)

I also just got done applying for the 64BR and I hope I get in!

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
I had a virus on my computer in which no programs would open at all, and instead, a pop-up window would say that the program may be a threat to my computer, and I should download something (obviously, the pop-up was the problem, so I didn't click it). It was to the point where I couldn't even load task manager, because the pop-up would prevent it. It even did all that in safe mode.

I did a system restore, and everything was fixed.
You should anyway do an antivirus check or something after that.
It's hardly recommended.

Frogles

Smash Ace
system restore has only worked like three out of the hundred times ive attempted it. it doesnt even give me an error code. it just says it failed.

****ing piece of ****

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
It hasn't worked that well for me either,

btw, my 3000 post will be an online tournament listing.

Peek~

Smash Lord
Yeah it dont work for me either anymore

The viruses and I just learned to live like bros now

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
so I took 64 with me to the last tournament. the setup was being played on generally the entire time. the players that were most often on it were:

myself :pikachu:
twitch :yoshi:
stingers :link:
jim :ness:
smith :link:
tko :kirby:
dogy :mario:

sadly I didn't get any footage since my laptop was too busy ****ting itself.
NC is bringin' 64 back to the masses.

DMoogle

A$
Pro mods move discussion proactively.

Noob mods keep off-topic discussion in the same thread and just tell people to move discussion.

:ibwc:

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
JERKS!

We're in the wrong thread. This thread is for players to hook up and stuff. SOCIAL THREAD PLZ
The title says "match maker" as well, we could probably go to associate that with dating as well?...

Seriously though social thread D:

Pro mods move discussion proactively.

Noob mods keep off-topic discussion in the same thread and just tell people to move discussion.

:ibwc:
ah dammit....

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
:dwam:

EDIT:: I was playing around with DK today, and I donkey punched falcon who was right on top the right edge of hyrule at like 200%, and he first wall bounced off the edge, flew up, and then wall bounced of the tent, and died off the top. it was hilarious to watch.

DMoogle

A$
I agree, actually
Actually we both did the same thing lol...so we both noobs according to him :(
Actually I was calling both Surri and Blue Yoshi out. :) I responded to the thread to bring the participants to the attention that I was moving the discussion to the social thread, which I did by posting your quotes in here, thus putting the pro in proactive.

Much love.

Top Bottom