• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Thats very impressive. Did you record it?
No. My laptop isn't working too well right now, or I would have recorded some matches with battlecow and Drunk E Ness when they were here yesterday.

"I got a feeling" had a catchy tune, but let's face it, it didn't take much talent to write as other songs.

http://www.cracked.com/video_17618_black-eyed-peas-have-officially-written-worst-song-ever.html

Sure, if you measure talent with popularity then I would agree they are talented, but please.

Cool combo video, Alancitu never fails to impress.
Writing a catchy song is not easy. Of course, 90% of getting big in the music industry apparently is promotion.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I do the most random things while sober. I mean, once in a while, I'll just run out, get sober, and do the craziest ****. Everything's ten times funner that way.

Yesterday I played some sober smash with Ballin' and DrunkE at like 3 in the afternoon, and it was HILARIOUS.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Oh, and I forgot one of my favs: Kinjirareta Asobi

And yeah, promotion helps artists rise to the top exponentially. It's a shame since some very talented people don't rise to the top.

But what do I know, I listen to Japanese synthesised music that sing faster and higher than humanely possible portrayed as Japanese anime-style characters.

Post frenzy til 1000

Sangoku

Smash Master
It's not officially released yet, but it has a new input plugin: AQZ netplay which allows you to play online without kaillera. This has been discussed thousand of time by the way.

The Star King

Smash Hero
That's not specifically part of Project64 1.7. You can use that for any emulator. PJ 1.7 doesn't DS when you use it with the input plugin though.

sharksquail

Smash Ace
soccer would be cool if all the players didn't take dives all the time. seriously they should give cards or suspend players for taking dives.

Peek~

Smash Lord
soccer would be cool if all the players didn't take dives all the time. seriously they should give cards or suspend players for taking dives.
Have you seen any MLS games?

I have the same complain as you but I just started watching this season and there isnt as much diving in there. It definitely feels faster paced than other soccer I've seen

sharksquail

Smash Ace
I have not seen any MLS, and i won't claim to know anything about soccer. I only watch the World Cup (The only international sports competition that means anything). I'm just saying when you watch a game and a guy goes down and rolls around like he's hurt, but doesn't get a call from the reff, and just jumps back up and starts running around like nothing happened. that's LAME.

Olikus

Smash Champion
I have not seen any MLS, and i won't claim to know anything about soccer. I only watch the World Cup (The only international sports competition that means anything). I'm just saying when you watch a game and a guy goes down and rolls around like he's hurt, but doesn't get a call from the reff, and just jumps back up and starts running around like nothing happened. that's LAME.
Its mostly italy and spain that does that. Most of the football(soccer)teams knows how to behave.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium

This commemorates ciaza's 1000th post.

Double post, don't care.

EDIT: 2 point infraction and a warning:

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
The olympics are a bunch of sports that no one cares about, until the olympics happen every 4 years. I'm just saying. Would you rather have an Olympic soccer gold, or the world cup.
I dont know enough about the technical side about soccer to really make an informed choice but to me the Olympics stand out as the #1 event for any sport. Maybe theres reasons why it isn't so for soccer but as far as im concerned, Olympics is the biggest stage for sports and the biggest prize.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Lol the world cup is definitely more important in terms of Soccer.

In many other sports though, yeah, the Olympics are the most important.

sharksquail

Smash Ace
Yea the Olympics are the ultimate level for sports like swimming, and track and field, or ping pong, but who actually follows those sports. Any sport that is actually popular already has a championship that is probably more important to the athletes that play them than an Olympic medal.

malva00

Smash Master
the one-month free subscription to netflix with the wii is pretty cool

hopefully I'll remember to cancel before April 26th

Korrupshen

Smash Ace
This might sound dumb, but I don't wanna spend my money on something that I'm not sure on what it does. Well.....

Does a wireless usb network adapter create a network on a computer or laptop you plug it in because, I'm planning on buying the wireless n adapter if it'll help me play on kaillera again. I still don't have access to my router. So I thought I'll buy the adapter, so I'll be able to have control over my own network.

Thino

Smash Master
This might sound dumb, but I don't wanna spend my money on something that I'm not sure on what it does. Well.....

Does a wireless usb network adapter create a network on a computer or laptop you plug it in because, I'm planning on buying the wireless n adapter if it'll help me play on kaillera again. I still don't have access to my router. So I thought I'll buy the adapter, so I'll be able to have control over my own network.
no it doesnt create a network , there needs to be an already existing wifi network for it to work

if your router is the access point then you wont be able to have control on it since you don't have access to it, so yea its kind of a risky gamble , especially if your router has wifi and its password protected

tl;dr dont spend ur money , in ur case its not gonna help u

Olikus

Smash Champion
Yea the Olympics are the ultimate level for sports like swimming, and track and field, or ping pong, but who actually follows those sports. Any sport that is actually popular already has a championship that is probably more important to the athletes that play them than an Olympic medal.
Dude, ping pong is the best sport in the world, what are you talking about -__-

The olympics is probably the biggest event for allmost every sport that are in the olympic. Not only swimming and those sports. But your right about football(soccer) though. Not only isnt it one of the biggest for them. Its actually on of the least important tournament there is.

Korrupshen

Smash Ace
no it doesnt create a network , there needs to be an already existing wifi network for it to work

if your router is the access point then you wont be able to have control on it since you don't have access to it, so yea its kind of a risky gamble , especially if your router has wifi and its password protected

tl;dr dont spend ur money , in ur case its not gonna help u
Damn..... I was soo hype to be able to play on kaillera again....sux. My gateway to my router is encrypted. I have the password to the WEP for the router. And I once knew the gateway, but there was a day I rested the router since it wasn't working. Comes to find that day verzion was down that day. So I kind of rested for no reason. My dad re-setup and now the password isn't the same no more. One little mistake of me resting the router F'd up my chances on playing on Kaillera. If I hadn't rested the router that day I would of been still playing online till this day.

Top Bottom