• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

P D

Smash Ace
have you banned his ip range like firo did with galaxy?
I don't think I can discuss details, but if he evades the ban (which I'm guessing he'll probably do until he gets tired), an alternate account ban is just 2 clicks away. :p
ip range ban is pretty heavy stuff lol.. i vote you dont do it. dont want him to commit suicide or anything.

also most of ssb64 community is troll food atm. its good practice to avoid future problems to get experience

D

Deleted member

lol at mods

instead of giving out infractions/ warnings like the old days and keeping the topic open they close it down so we can no longer discuss the original, actual topic

DMoogle

A$
lol at mods

instead of giving out infractions/ warnings like the old days and keeping the topic open they close it down so we can no longer discuss the original, actual topic
ZOMG what is this CHANGE?!?!! We can't flame and troll anymore!!!!111!one!

P D

Smash Ace
That's why you ban an ip range so even if the ip changes the ban still covers it.
a few sneaky tech movies can get around this bad boy... but ill keep the methods to my self ;)

Battlecow

Play to Win
*sniff* we can't even do a LITTLE flaming? Even of VERY deserving people?

A$ (DMoogle? Whatever) is taking all the fun out of these boards. Watch me get infracted for saying that. This used to be such a great place.

DMoogle

A$
*sniff* we can't even do a LITTLE flaming? Even of VERY deserving people?
It doesn't help. Take it to PMs. Actually, take it off Smashboards.
A$ (DMoogle? Whatever) is taking all the fun out of these boards.
I'm sorry you feel that way.
Watch me get infracted for saying that.
I'm not going to infract someone for expressing their opinion, as long as discussion stays civilized and in the proper place. Feel free to talk about my mod performance all you want in this Social Thread.
This used to be such a great place.
Still is, IMO.

Or maybe it actually never was. :p

Battlecow

Play to Win
It doesn't help. Take it to PMs. Actually, take it off Smashboards.
I'm sorry you feel that way.
I'm not going to infract someone for expressing their opinion, as long as discussion stays civilized and in the proper place. Feel free to talk about my mod performance all you want in this Social Thread.

Still is, IMO.

Or maybe it actually never was. :p
Don't worry about it, I love you again now that we've cleared things up. By the way, the actions of Andrewajt are the actions of a dickwad.

Battlecow

Play to Win
So, did you guys know that Manfred Albrecht Freiherr von Richthofen (2 May 1892 – 21 April 1918), widely known as the Red Baron, was a German fighter pilot with the Imperial German Army Air Service (Luftstreitkräfte) during World War I? He is considered the ace-of-aces of that war, being officially credited with 80 air combat victories, more than any other pilot.

I find that to be an incredibly interesting and substantial fact. He probably would've been good at smash. Pity they didn't get around to inventing it 'til '99.

The Star King

Smash Hero
lol at mods

You really think Malva's livestream thread should have stayed open, after he said won't be streaming (meaning it no longer had any purpose), and people were just flaming each other? -_-

Your post makes it sound like mods NEVER close topics.

D

Deleted member

what are you talking about

mods are closing left and right, some even deleting the old thread. People can still discuss the old thread but they close it so there is no chance of a rebuttal against the offending mod

i know of at least 3 topics like this

Scorpion's friendlies, Mod closes it when people protest Scorpion's ban despite the fact we can still talk about the matches

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=280495&page=2

WHY DA *** DID HE LOCK THE TOPIC? WE CAN SERIOUSLY DISCUSS THE RAPENESS OF HIS MARIO IN HIS VIDS !

Ultimate Ganon Topic (old one), Mod closes and deletes entire topic after being put on blast for being a f@ggot

Malva's livestream thread

Is there really a need to be closing down threads? Especially in the rather empty 64 forums? Do we really need some new idiot as a Mod that nobody likes? WHYYYY is he a mod ? Blue Yoshi was elected pretty much democratically but this fuker becomes a mod without warning. No joke, he is just as bad as Surri for being an absolute nerd about infractions and giving them for absolutely dumass reasons

What were you thinking Blue Yoshi? Why pick this doucher? Is it because he is online 24/7 on the 64 boards? Why not get somebody who is 0.25% less douchey like Near? Why not pick an actual online guy who is not a faag? (tough because 99% are)

DMoogle

A$
mods are closing left and right, some even deleting the old thread. People can still discuss the old thread but they close it so there is no chance of a rebuttal against the offending mod
I can't speak about other mods within forums within SWF, but I always welcome PMs, CONSTRUCTIVE criticisms in the Social Thread (here), and Forum Support inquiries.

i know of at least 3 topics like this

Scorpion's friendlies, Mod closes it when people protest Scorpion's ban despite the fact we can still talk about the matches

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=280495&page=2

WHY DA *** DID HE LOCK THE TOPIC? WE CAN SERIOUSLY DISCUSS THE RAPENESS OF HIS MARIO IN HIS VIDS !

Ultimate Ganon Topic (old one), Mod closes and deletes entire topic after being put on blast for being a f@ggot

Malva's livestream thread
I don't know about those first two, those are outside of the Smash 64 boards. Have you asked them why they closed the threads, before complaining about it?

Malva's livestream thread was closed because malva00 himself said that he was not going to be livestreaming anymore, and the whole thing turned into a flamefest. I encouraged malva to create a new thread if he decided he would start livestreaming again.
Is there really a need to be closing down threads? Especially in the rather empty 64 forums?
When a thread is only serving to turn the community into a black hole of hatred, then I think that's a need to close a thread down.
Do we really need some new idiot as a Mod that nobody likes?
Some people like me as a mod.
WHYYYY is he a mod ?
Because the powers that be asked me to be one, and I accepted.
Blue Yoshi was elected pretty much democratically but this fuker becomes a mod without warning.
He was not "elected" at all, it only appeared that way. The SWF hierarchy is not a democratic system (in fact, no online forum truly is). The people who have the power choose a mod, whether they were elected or not, simple as that.

No joke, he is just as bad as Surri for being an absolute nerd about infractions and giving them for absolutely dumass reasons
Example? Also, please give me an explanation of how I gave an infraction to someone who didn't break the rules. If I indeed made a mistake, then I'll reverse it.

If you disagree with the rules, then that's not my fault, and you should take it up with the admins. I only serve to enforce the rules. FWIW, the Smash 64 forums has a reputation for being somewhat of a ****hole, and I'm doing what I can to change that.

I don't agree with all the rules either (for example, the rules on most censorship), but I still enforce them, because, well, that's what I'm supposed to do.
What were you thinking Blue Yoshi? Why pick this doucher? Is it because he is online 24/7 on the 64 boards? Why not get somebody who is 0.25% less douchey like Near? Why not pick an actual online guy who is not a faag? (tough because 99% are)
Blue Yoshi doesn't have the direct power to make someone a mod.

Again, I always encourage you (or anyone else, for that matter), to PM me, post here, or in the Forum Support forum if you have problems with something I'm doing.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Haha Scorpion King.

Did you cali noobs really think people wouldn't realize it was mango instantly?

One of the commentators even called him mango in 1 of those tourney matches I watched.

Top Bottom