• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
Takin a break from smash for a while till I get a new keyboard, mines completely pooped out at this point. Cant space with it, certain presses dont work, etc etc. Sry to ppl that've been p2ping me regularly. :p I'll be back.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Granted it has much probably been the worst world cup ever for those two reasons

1) Vuvuzelas
2) Jabulani ball

And Forlan's a great player man, he totally has a 6th sense when it comes to score goals, has it in his blood.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Um in theory yes, but it's TAS so it's pretty much impossible to play that well. You should still come back to Smash64 though.

DMoogle

A$
Yeah most of it is "humanly possible", the only sorta far-fetched stuff is the DI and a few Ness combos.

+1 you should still come back to Smash 64.

dandan

Smash Lord
Granted it has much probably been the worst world cup
worst world cup is italy 1990. if a world cup inpired the law that you cannot pass back to the keeper and have him catch the ball, you can understand what happened in it.
there was hardly any playing, except for one huge match with holland if i am not mistaken.

rpotts

Smash Lord
lol it sounds like malva wants to watch a "perfect" match where both players have perfect spacing and DI, therefore, never get hit.

And yes I remember you lucas, atleast from that time you posted in zenyore's "falcon being cool" thread

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Yeah Dan, I dont remember as i was so young, but I know about it.

Also, TAS perfect char vs perfect char is literally impossible as both would dodge the attacks 'till the end of time lol

DMoogle

A$
Also, TAS perfect char vs perfect char is literally impossible as both would dodge the attacks 'till the end of time lol
Not necessarily, depends if cornering is possible or not (which would depend on the match-up itself and the level it is played on).

Still impossible for all practical purposes though.

malva00

Smash Master
Yeah Dan, I dont remember as i was so young, but I know about it.

i commented on your youtube comment XD

lol it sounds like malva wants to watch a "perfect" match where both players have perfect spacing and DI, therefore, never get hit.

And yes I remember you lucas, atleast from that time you posted in zenyore's "falcon being cool" thread
no I want a match where the characters don't do blatantly stupid things like not DI link's up smash or try to first hit BAIR (lol) against a 0% Ness at 0:35. There wouldn't be anything wrong with the vid if it was "TAS Link vs Ness" but it says "Perfect Link vs Perfect Ness"

what's the point of having a TAS match with no thinking and just combos? that means it's just a combo video so then the video title should be "TAS Link vs Ness Combo Match" and also, having the player DIE and come back with invincibilty would be a waste of time in a combo video so it would be a poorly edited combo video XD

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Well it would be interesting to see a perfect TAS char vs char match (perfect spacing included), however i bet it would be sooo tedious to watch and so tedious for JPLeal to create.
Still I think he did a great job with this video. I mean trying to manage 2 perfect chars against themselves in a TAS match seems to be really difficult thing to do

dch111

Smash Journeyman
JPleal was just making a match where both sides are TAS controlled (instead of the usual vids where it's a one man army pwning everyone). Calling the characters "perfect" was an exaggeration, probably to get more views lol. In reality, we would need many humans playing each other frame by frame (TAS tournaments XD) over many years to really get any decent grasp on what "perfect play" would look like.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
lol, i just thought it was extremely exaggerated gameplay before i knew what TAS was. I still main Ness because i love his DJC too much ^.^
But is it really possible to pull off at least half of the stuff in that vid? If that shield-break combo done at 1:05 is possible (from all the shiled-stun i can remember), i'd enjoy learning how to =)
Also, yes, i am going to take back up Smash 64, just need help on how to get it set up online >.<

dandan

Smash Lord
Currently uploading a new commentary vid with a mystery commentator, will be ready soon.

malva00

Smash Master
how about making an OFFICIAL ONLINE SSB LIVESTREAM CHANNEL that everyone can use?

make it with a random email

that way we only have to know one livestream account and have one topic

DMoogle

A$
Yeah it's a decent idea, just going to suck if/when some ******* wants to get the account banned or change the password or something, and keeps doing it.

Speaking of trolls, Smasher isn't allowed in the Smash 64 boards anymore.

sharksquail

Smash Ace
do you need the email to use the livestream channel .I could change the email password and moderate the email address so that can't happen.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Man, thats pretty rude. Thats a pretty long thread bro, and while I've read some of it, I doubt most people here have read the thing in its entirety.
I realise this is from a closed thread, but I would like to reiterate this.

The COME HERE FIRST thread has the important links, such as the new client, at the very top. In addition, it has been segmented and hidden now, so its length has been, quite literally, reduced to less than a fifth of what it was. It is hardly long unless you expand all the hidden boxes, and I'm not sure why you would do that.

DMoogle

A$
have you banned his ip range like firo did with galaxy?
I don't think I can discuss details, but if he evades the ban (which I'm guessing he'll probably do until he gets tired), an alternate account ban is just 2 clicks away. :p
do you need the email to use the livestream channel .I could change the email password and moderate the email address so that can't happen.
That would be good if it's possible. I've never used Livestream so I'm not sure.

malva00

Smash Master
I can't believe sharksquail gave out the password to the email it's all over now

what was he thinking

reminds me of that one guy in the youtube vid who doesn't give a **** and will tell a kid he/she has cancer no problem

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

looks like I have some more juicy exclusive social thread info

turns out Prince got taken out by Tatuman in the summer 2009 tournament. Takamitsu (his smash name is Rinko) didn't go though.

ALSO, looks like Jousuke isn't going to this year's tournament cause he doesn't have any money. Red Mario might not go, Prince is 50/50 and Rinko won't be going

ALSO, Jousuke has only played Rinko and Sima online.

Jousuke messaged me on MSN and told me to take down the pic I posted of him lol. So then after that I started to ask him a bunch of questions

Top Bottom