• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

MarioReincarnate

Smash Journeyman
wasnt it schroedinger who thought of his wave equation while bangin his woman in a cabin on vacation or something?

DMoogle

A$
I think I should close the "What's your main in Smash 64?" thread. It's really not stirring up any discussion, it's just people posting their mains. :ohwell:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
That's being a tad overeager.

Not every thread needs insightful discussion. Only close something if serious flaming or unnecessary remarks are being made.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I think I should close the "What's your main in Smash 64?" thread. It's really not stirring up any discussion, it's just people posting their mains. :ohwell:
Thats yet another proof that smashboards seems to hate people "wasting" server space :ohwell:

DMoogle

A$
Thats yet another proof that smashboards seems to hate people "wasting" server space :ohwell:
Given the server trouble it had yesterday (and seems to have every other week or so), I wouldn't blame them.

The thing is, when someone just posts their name and their main, is anyone really reading? I think the OP said he was trying to collect the data, but that could've just been done with a public poll.

D

Deleted member

if you want to destroy the already little discussion in the 64 boards feel free

and that's one topic, you think the tiny 64 boards cause even 1% of the server load?

DMoogle

A$
if you want to destroy the already little discussion in the 64 boards feel free

and that's one topic, you think the tiny 64 boards cause even 1% of the server load?
I was saying that there's hardly any discussion in that thread.

I was joking about the server thing.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
anyone have the name of the ssb64 steam group, i heard alot of ppl go on to set up p2p matches

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys,
well I've seen plenty of people record SSB footage or all three games (while playing on the console)
the question is how do you do it?

I've never understood what a "capture card" is and how to use it.

I tried using the Dazzle to record, but for some reason when I was recording it was INFESTED WITH LAG, it was so bad I couldn't play properly. Oddly enough, when I played the video, it was perfect. So I never understood as to why that happened.

Are there any other options to recording game footage?
I've heard you can get a camera SPECIFICALLY made for taking videos and just point it to the TV screen but I don't know about that.

I really need your help!
Thanks again :D

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
If your TV has an AV OUT section on the back that would be the way to go.

Otherwise, are you using AV splitters with your dazzle card?
yeaahh
I'm not a TV wiz so I have no idea what are you talking about
basically what I did with the Dazzle was this
I got the wires that you normally connected to the TV
and connected them to the dazzle
then connected the dazzle to the Computer
and well the screen showed the smash game itself.
So the monitor was the new tv XD

Battlecow

Play to Win
Lol @ the social thread being the place to go when you have a question. Ironically, if he had posted that in the Q&A thread, no one would have answered. And he obviously didn't get sufficient responses making his own thread.

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
Lol @ the social thread being the place to go when you have a question. Ironically, if he had posted that in the Q&A thread, no one would have answered. And he obviously didn't get sufficient responses making his own thread.
yeah pretty much
Sigh
this could take a while

ballin4life

Smash Hero
yeaahh
I'm not a TV wiz so I have no idea what are you talking about
basically what I did with the Dazzle was this
I got the wires that you normally connected to the TV
and connected them to the dazzle
then connected the dazzle to the Computer
and well the screen showed the smash game itself.
So the monitor was the new tv XD
Yeah you are working it right. What you need to do though is get these things called AV splitters so that you can see the game on both your TV and the computer. You're also going to need to buy one more AV cable (male to male). I bought all this stuff at Radio Shack, ask for "Composite AV splitters" or "Y-splitters" and "Composite male to male AV cable".

Like I said in my PM you can watch youtube tutorials on setting up capture cards and see what AV splitters look like and how to set up everything.

The only downside is that when you split the signal coming from your n64 it appears a bit dimmer on the TV (at least for me). It's still playable though.

My TV happens to have an AV out so I usually use that because it doesn't dim the screen.

Another thing some people do is record stuff on the TV some other way (VCR or maybe with a DVR or something) without using the capture card, but then they play back the footage later with the capture card on.

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
Yeah you are working it right. What you need to do though is get these things called AV splitters so that you can see the game on both your TV and the computer. You're also going to need to buy one more AV cable (male to male). I bought all this stuff at Radio Shack, ask for "Composite AV splitters" or "Y-splitters" and "Composite male to male AV cable".

Like I said in my PM you can watch youtube tutorials on setting up capture cards and see what AV splitters look like and how to set up everything.

The only downside is that when you split the signal coming from your n64 it appears a bit dimmer on the TV (at least for me). It's still playable though.

My TV happens to have an AV out so I usually use that because it doesn't dim the screen.

Another thing some people do is record stuff on the TV some other way (VCR or maybe with a DVR or something) without using the capture card, but then they play back the footage later with the capture card on.
Alright so the easiest way to do this is with a Capture Card AND AV Splitters with the extra materials?

Skrlx

Smash Champion
i want to punch people in the face whenever i see that "<-- is ping spoofing!" message. My message, mind you. But yes, punch people in the face.

IN THE FACE
IN THE JAW
I CAME
I SAW
I HIT HIM RIGHT THERE IN THE JAW
(IN THE JAW)

dandan

Smash Lord
why do some people get so upset when they lose.

lol
*beat his fox with pika, gimping the last stock*
<FreeForLawls> so bad mannered
<dandan> ?
<dandan> what did i do?
<FreeForLawls> nothing i suppose
<FreeForLawls> if u like to bthrow and edge guard
<FreeForLawls> thts cool
<dandan> ok
<dandan> lol
<dandan> i change char each match
<FreeForLawls> me too
<dandan> so it is not like that
<FreeForLawls> mhm.
<FreeForLawls> its bad mannered.
*throws his link with mario at low % to death, on the first stock*
<FreeForLawls>
dropping game
Peer left
Re Initializing server...
Done

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Some people hate being gimped and thats it. Its just a less competitive point of view of the game and more about having fun.
Most of my friends are also like this, and we can get angry because sometimes I cant avoid gimping, its instinct

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
^^^^ I prefer not sandbagging so I tend to play as I would play vs people in tournament settings outside of playing less campy and choosing non-mains.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Pretty much the only interesting part of the match. Spain is boring to watch play in my opinion.

Lol blame the Netherlands for their "destroyer" tactics. Spain only tried to play the game like it should be played (keeping the ball as much as you can and try to score goals) in fact Spain is currently rated the best at this positive style of play.
Netherlands on the other hand played anti-football at its finest (Martial Arts included, De Jong Takedown of the night) so they "killed" the game and made it boring. That De Jong challenge was a straight red, but the ref sucked and allowed too much hard play.

Anyway, great finals like these are usually boring, both sides play cautious and there is not too much risk involved.

BTW, if you only find brutalities and fouls interesting, i guess american football or rubgy is a better sport for you -_-

earthadept

Smash Lord
Lol blame the Netherlands for their "destroyer" tactics. Spain only tried to play the game like it should be played (keeping the ball as much as you can and try to score goals) in fact Spain is currently rated the best at this positive style of play.
Netherlands on the other hand played anti-football at its finest (Martial Arts included, De Jong Takedown of the night) so they "killed" the game and made it boring. That De Jong challenge was a straight red, but the ref sucked and allowed too much hard play.

Anyway, great finals like these are usually boring, both sides play cautious and there is not too much risk involved.

BTW, if you only find brutalities and fouls interesting, i guess american football or rubgy is a better sport for you -_-
Please. What really ruined the game for me was the insane amount of diving by the Spanish. It was incredibly pathetic to watch, and certainly nothing like a "beautiful" game. Spain made Italy look like saints on Sunday.

Top Bottom