• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

DMoogle

A$
He's not going anywhere.

You're entitled to your opinion, but expressing it that way is pretty uncalled for.

If you have a specific problem regarding my modship, PM me, Blue Yoshi, or an admin, or post in the Forum Support forum.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Congrats, but.

wasn't there a discussion between either me or BlueYoshi to see who should become the next mod.
I am not trying to bicker but:
A. you have only a 1000 posts here /you are one of the newer players
B. you said yourself in a tournament thread that you are uninterested in SSB as of late.

See this quote from you as relevance:
"OK just withdraw me from the ladder please, I haven't really been interested in SSB lately.
I'll probably get back into it in a few weeks or months.
Sorry for holding up some of you guys.""

DMoogle

A$
I don't know anything about that discussion. I didn't ask to be a mod, I was approached.

A. 1,000 posts is a decent amount, IMO. Moreover, 99% of those posts have been in this (Smash 64) forum, I've been a forum poster since I was like 13, accumulated over 10K posts, and I've been a moderator at three different forums (two small, one large). I personally don't think that I'm inexperienced. I don't think of myself as a newer player, I've been playing SSB since it came out, and online for about 4 years.
B. I should've been clearer; I haven't been interested in playing SSB lately. However, I'm still on here every day.

malva00

Smash Master
so according to Alancitu on MSN

Lima held a tournament on Sunday to determine the best Lima player

so then the best Lima player will play the Tacna players some day to decide who is the best in Peru

then after that I'll know where to go in the future. Lima or Tacna XD

malva00

Smash Master
So who would donate to a Send Isai to Peru Fund so we can get some Isai vs PERU vids on youtube?

I'd put in $100-200.

Tickets are around $500-600 to LIMA, but it's much more to Tacna, so I hope LIMA wins >__>

I dunno how much PERU would put in. A while ago Alancitu's friend said he'd put in $200 but that was a while ago.

Maybe someone can translate Alancitu's great address before the start of the LIMA tournament. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3CiHWr2Mkk

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Tacna guys should go to Lima regardless of results - Lima big capital, Tacna ****e city surrounded by desert xD

malva00

Smash Master
Tacna guys should go to Lima regardless of results - Lima big capital, Tacna ****e city surrounded by desert xD
that's true maybe I'll go to Lima either way and help the top Tacna player come to Lima if he beats Alancitu.

so before I never really did anything official to determine a winner cuz it didn't matter but since this might have a lot of hype I'm thinking a winner could be decided after either a 12 Character Battle (my favorite) or Best of 7 sets (first to two sets wins) :bee:

the latter would be so boring though cuz I'd only pick Pikachu/Kirby/Fox BLEH

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Yeah agreed I think you prove more that you are a great player by using all 12 chars at a decent level not only by sticking on a top/high tier char (i.e. pikachu) and playing gay <.<

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
you should do a 12 character battle of your 12 vs the best of each character of their area.

As in, maybe Alancitu is the best Falcon of that area but not the best DK or the best w/e char.

Battlecow

Play to Win
hmmm... Maybe the champ only knows one/a few characters to any great degree? It would be unfair if, say, a SheerMadness type was the champ of their tourney and he had to face you in a twelve-char battle. I vote for best-of-seven sets, even if it means you don't use any really fun characters. It's more important to be sure that it's a real test of skill, and in my mind, if they can beat isai's everything with their main, they're better than him, even if they're **** with every other char. I'm trying to get my Argentinian buddy to translate that video, but he's dragging his heels. I'd be willing to donate maybe $50, but I don't have a paypal/credit card/anything except cash really, so the money's hard to transfer.

Also, couldn't you do both and let the spectators decide for themselves which proved superiority? I figure if you're gonna fly to Peru, you might as well play and record a ****load of matches, but then, what do I know?

Oh, and does the $500 cover the return trip, or are you just gonna bum around in Peru for the rest of your life ;)? Or maybe you'll just hike back.

malva00

Smash Master
Also, couldn't you do both and let the spectators decide for themselves which proved superiority?
I don't think you understand. If you play someone long enough IN THIS GAME (so please don't even try bringing up another game) you will find out who is superior if you understand the game well enough and play each other long enough.

I only mentioned the official sets/12 character battles so the spectators could easily understand.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ON A SIDE NOTE, The more even two players are, the more they have to play to determine who is the better player. For all I know the best of 3 best of 7 sets might have to go up to best of 5 best of 7 sets (for the spectators to see)

ON ANOTHER NOTE, I do agree that if one of your characters beats someone's "everything" then you should be the better player, however it can get complicated when you take into account multiple character use. Something could go like this (not saying this is how the matchups go 100% -_____-)

Player A Pikachu loses to Player B Falcon
Player A Kirby beats Player B Falcon
Player A Kirby loses to Player B Pikachu
Player A Pikachu beats Player B Pikachu
(loses/beats means they win/lose the matchup more often, not that they win/ lose that matchup EVERY time)

But I thought I just said two players should know who is better right? XD So I don't think it will come down to this scenario.

Anyways if someone is, let's say, a Link/Samus main, you wouldn't know how much more games they would win they if they mained Pikachu/Kirby instead. So I think 1 character vs 1 character can be misleading. Winner/loser of unbalanced matchups is only good for determining who gets money at tournaments. However, it's not possible to figure out the "what ifs" so in our ssb world we usually just go with whoever wins the most.

ON A FINAL NOTE, two players could agree that they want to do 12 character battle to see who is better with the whole character roster as a whole. So there can always be a 12 character battle and then sets on another day. BEST OF BOTH WORLDS XD

Battlecow

Play to Win
Wtf? So if they beat him in like Fox vs Samus or something dumb like that then they're better than him?
nah, they have to be able to beat his everything. Say their pikachu could take any character he threw at them on a consistent basis; they'd be better. See his comment for a smarter take on this.

dandan

Smash Lord
i wish we had better quality of this combo, how long did it take you to make it?
and any new combos planned?

malva00

Smash Master
i wish we had better quality of this combo, how long did it take you to make it?
and any new combos planned?
i'm not going to try to record them again any time soon

i just PMed Tambor and asked him if he wants to recreate three of my combos in TAS and post them on his youtube.

what do you think of this? it'll be the only way you'll see them in higher quality

dandan

Smash Lord
i am all for it too, already proven it is not just a tas combo, now i do not really care who does it, just would be nice to watch in high quality. you got my vote.

btw, did not get an answer (don't know if you mind sharing this?), how long did it take to do, this combo just looks so messable, especially the last hit.

DMoogle

A$
I'm finally producing and uploading my matches with Kabal from MATTS!' MPG tournament a few months ago. They'll all be done in a few hours, and I'll post them to the Video sticky.

You guys better be appreciative. :p

Top Bottom