• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
A guy is coming tomorrow to check to see why my internet connection is poop.

Should be on Kaillera within the next few weeks. It's about time too. I'm excited!

A new day has dawned in the 64 forums. Congrats, @ Madao Madao .

Congratulations on breaking the curse of being a madao and successfully ascending to the ranks of Madao-sama
I find your name to be humorous and completely opposite of your true self. This is for the curious:

"Madao" or 間陀男 is an abbreviation of the first syllables(of key words) "ma", "da", "o", in the Japanese character set
Here's the romaji for the the several meanings of "Madao"
  1. MAru de DAme na Ossan - Good-for-nothing old man
  2. MAjide DAsai Ossan - Really uncool old man
  3. MAssa ni DArusou na Oyaji - Uncool looking old man
  4. MAttaku DAraku****e Ossan - Really depraved old man
  5. MAttaku DAijoubu ja nai Okyaku - A customer who's really not alright
  6. MAtomo ni DAkaretakunai Otoko - Men no one wants to date
  7. MAttaku DAmesenai Otoboke - Fool who unconvincingly feigns ignorance
  8. MAssugu ikite mo DAinashi na jinsei na Ojiisan - Old man who lives as he wants but accomplishes nothing
  9. MAmuDApAO - Floating Log, Drifter, Freeter, Famicon and Sinking old man.
NERD

Twilight Sparkle

I don't play Luigi/DK/Samus much
The Youtube channel url is TwilightSmash... you guys go so far to be in denial lmao
Youtube wouldn't let me use Twilight Sparkle. Probably because there are a million people trying for that username or something similar.
By the way, fun games @ THE_MAAFIA THE_MAAFIA ! Honestly was surprised myself at how well I played Ness in that one match. I guess playing LD helps me get in the mood ^.^

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
I don't know if I'll be able to play on netplay much. I only ping'd ~62 on the servers in New York, Chicago, Florida, and Dallas.
I guess my ISP isn't good enough and my location doesn't help either. I'll be trying again for the next few days to see if my ping goes up at all.

Living in the South sucks sometimes.

Madao

I don't know if I'll be able to play on netplay much. I only ping'd ~62 on the servers in New York, Chicago, Florida, and Dallas.
I guess my ISP isn't good enough and my location doesn't help either. I'll be trying again for the next few days to see if my ping goes up at all.

I'd recommend calling your ISP, if you don't mind going through the hassle of dealing with customer service. If you have DSL, make sure you're on fast path. If it's interleaved, then that would explain your ping.

62 ping is too high, for the distance between you and those locations. Or maybe the servers you pinged to are just slow. I use to use speedtest.net and pingtest.net

Are you on wired connection? Also apparently, configuring your computer internet settings can lower ping, but I'm not too sure how effective it is. Worth a try, imo.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord

I live in FL and get 48 ping on ny smash fu (and i used to get 35 ping with my last provider) so yeah u def should be able to get lower than 62

BananaBolts

I'd recommend calling your ISP, if you don't mind going through the hassle of dealing with customer service. If you have DSL, make sure you're on fast path. If it's interleaved, then that would explain your ping.

62 ping is too high, for the distance between you and those locations. Or maybe the servers you pinged to are just slow. I use to use speedtest.net and pingtest.net

Are you on wired connection? Also apparently, configuring your computer internet settings can lower ping, but I'm not too sure how effective it is. Worth a try, imo.
I wired my computer directly to the modem to ensure the best results. I'm not sure what internet settings to which you're referring but I'll do some research. If all else fails, I'll just deal with customer service.
I live in FL and get 48 ping on ny smash fu (and i used to get 35 ping with my last provider) so yeah u def should be able to get lower than 62
I don't live in a major city so maybe that could be part of the reason for the crappy ISP. I live in an area where the only options are my local public utilities or Mediacom. We used to have Charter before we moved.

Either way, I'll be moving when the next school year comes around because I'm transferring.

Edit: ping test shows 62 ms ping, twice

Last edited:

ballin4life

Smash Hero
You know what really rustles my jimmies?

The song "Love Story" by Taylor Swift.

It just completely butchers the "Romeo and Juliet" story. At the end of "Romeo and Juliet" Romeo doesn't "pull out a ring" and say "I talked to your Dad we'll get you a white dress". I mean, first off how the **** did he just convince her Dad who hates him for the entire story/song to suddenly change his mind and be OK with them getting married. It just makes no sense. If it was that easy then it's really not a very interesting story. But more importantly, the whole point of the "Romeo and Juliet" story is that they don't get married and live happily ever after. "Romeo and Juliet" isn't really a love story but is actually a cautionary tale about teenagers who are so convinced that they are in "love" with someone they met a week ago that they decide to kill themselves over it. And you took that and completely changed the meaning in a way that doesn't even make sense. Why even use the names "Romeo" and "Juliet" if it's going to be completely different from the actual story.

Annex

Smash Ace
mmmmm nah
Romeo and Juliet is a story of forbidden love. It ended in tragedy because that's the only ending Shakespeare knew how to write
Besides, the play gets criticized a lot because it doesn't follow the rule of drama where the tragedy must be caused by flaws of the main characters so that there is a moral lesson, so even if it was a cautionary tale it's more about the dangers disapproving families than being too quick to get hot for each other

I hate that song btw, I'm just saying

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Youtube wouldn't let me use Twilight Sparkle. Probably because there are a million people trying for that username or something similar.
By the way, fun games @ THE_MAAFIA THE_MAAFIA ! Honestly was surprised myself at how well I played Ness in that one match. I guess playing LD helps me get in the mood ^.^
Yea they where actually fun games, but you should seriously show the world your ness, and it's funny cause I EAT NESS (lol) how the heck did you manage to f-Air me across the entire stage and spike me lol wut, I think you can bring ness up a few spots just for those combos

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
It's not every day you see a decent Ness.
Very nice!

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
Yea they where actually fun games, but you should seriously show the world your ness, and it's funny cause I EAT NESS (lol) how the heck did you manage to f-Air me across the entire stage and spike me lol wut, I think you can bring ness up a few spots just for those combos
floaties get dominated in this way by ness's fair. I find those combos very hard to pull off online tho

caneut

Smash Ace
mmmmm nah
Romeo and Juliet is a story of forbidden love. It ended in tragedy because that's the only ending Shakespeare knew how to write
Besides, the play gets criticized a lot because it doesn't follow the rule of drama where the tragedy must be caused by flaws of the main characters so that there is a moral lesson, so even if it was a cautionary tale it's more about the dangers disapproving families than being too quick to get hot for each other

Or her song "Shake it off" where she dates an outlandish amount of guys and never has a long lasting relationship, but it's all the mens fault.

Or "All About that Bass" where if you are skinny you are automatically assumed to be a *****, and obesity is not a problem.

Or "Like the Cool Kids" which is just a terrible trashy song.

Don't listen to top 100 billboard ever.

BananaBolts

I'm thinking about putting my emulator and all of the necessary components onto my thumb drive and using my school's internet to play on Kailera since netplay at my house will be slower. I ping'd the internet here at about 22-31 ms; it varies because nearly every computer in each building shares a network. I think I'll be able to connect without any issues.

Are there any significant problems with playing directly off of a thumb drive?

The Star King

Smash Hero
Or her song "Shake it off" where she dates an outlandish amount of guys and never has a long lasting relationship, but it's all the mens fault.

Or "All About that Bass" where if you are skinny you are automatically assumed to be a *****, and obesity is not a problem.

Or "Like the Cool Kids" which is just a terrible trashy song.

Don't listen to top 100 billboard ever.
Apparently you should take your own advice. I've only heard one of these songs.

cane closet Taylor Swift fan confirmed

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
I'm thinking about putting my emulator and all of the necessary components onto my thumb drive and using my school's internet to play on Kailera since netplay at my house will be slower. I ping'd the internet here at about 22-31 ms; it varies because nearly every computer in each building shares a network. I think I'll be able to connect without any issues.

Are there any significant problems with playing directly off of a thumb drive?
try it

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
do people give a STILL damn about football
wtf
why won't that stupid **** die already

Last edited:

ballin4life

Smash Hero
mmmmm nah

You think that killing yourself over someone you met a week ago isn't a character flaw? :)

Annex

Smash Ace
You think that killing yourself over someone you met a week ago isn't a character flaw? :)
Ok you're right :upsidedown:
But still I think as ****ty as the song is, taking 'forbidden love' as the theme from it and using that is acceptable. When I hear "Romeo and Juliet" I think of two lovers who aren't allowed to be together before I think of overeager and horny emo kids

Kahnu I love your posts and avatarfagness. It just works baby

Top Bottom