• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

ballin4life

Smash Hero
ur dumb
stop trying to give an analogous discrete example, because you can't. Your example just shows us why you don't understand the paradox. .

(A) Randomly pick a chord of a circle such that any given chord has the same probability of being chosen as any other chord.
(B) Randomly pick a number between 2 and 12 such that any number in that range has the same probability of being chosen as any other number.

(B) is just a 11-sided dice roll
(A) is a paradox because there is no unique solution.
In the wikipedia page: "A chord is uniquely identified by its midpoint" (i.e. there's a 1:1 mapping from midpoints to chords). So the "random midpoint" method will choose chords with a uniform distribution over all possible chords. It might be counterintuitive that other selection methods produce a non-uniform distribution but it's not a logical paradox.

Last edited:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
register.apex-series.com/ Apex registration is live....do I see official ssb64 doubles on there or is my overclocked mind playing tricks on me?

The Star King

Smash Hero
wut

if someone ignores you, you can still see their posts. it's a one way street.

unless my entire life is a lie

(he double posted)

Last edited:

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
lmaoooo i don't even get why people ignore posters on smashboards

is that person's post really SO horrible that you simply cannot endure the quarter of second it takes to scroll past their post when you see their name

god forbid you accidentally read a word or two of what they posted

how terrifying

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
It may be too soon for this but what happens when our social thread reaches page 1000?

Edit: This is post number 33060 and we just heve to get to 40000 so there's only 6940 posts left. We have time but I think we should plan something around it. Maybe a tournament in a centric location for the 64 community. I could do some NA calculations to pinpoint the shortest driving distance for the players. Just an idea that could be fleshed out.

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
So a kid at xanadu yesterday brought and played with an N64 Power Glove. I know one handed money matches are common, would these be legal? Also what if someone used two gloves to enter in teams by themself, would that be legal?

Shears

Smash Master
No haha, they're almost impossible to use. You would really need to train with one of these things.

Direction is controlled by analog motion of the wrist. So to dash to the left, you have to flick your whole wrist to the left. Also the button alignments are very tricky to get used to. Keyboard players might have an easier time transitioning to it though.

Last edited:

Jdawg9876

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jdawg9876
3DS FC
4399-1836-0019
Oh dang, I've heard a lot about this Cobrevolution guy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Olikus

Smash Champion
Olikus anniversary thread got locked at my anniversary! Moderators got no manners these days.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
lmaoooo i don't even get why people ignore posters on smashboards

is that person's post really SO horrible that you simply cannot endure the quarter of second it takes to scroll past their post when you see their name

god forbid you accidentally read a word or two of what they posted

how terrifying

I guess when you put it like that

... it makes me feel like...

Top Bottom