• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

asianaussie

Smash Hero
queero please

lower case broken sentences is my thing

please stop cramping my style

you're right about the avy though im kinda getting tired of it too

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
While you're at it can you unlock my thread pretty please? It's very relevant considering we have these end of the year smashboards awards and I really want to make a run for angriest poster. It's all the rave right now. You've definitely earned your nomination. Thanks a bunch <3<3<3 :colorful::happysheep:

Shears

Smash Master
Rank my avatar guys!!

It's an animal with smash bros and Nintendo relevance. I'm the only one with it. It's cute as ****. I've had it since I joined smashboards and have never changed it.

10loyaltychars

^^Looks like I've got @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer vote.

Last edited:

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Rank my avatar guys!!

It's an animal with smash bros and Nintendo relevance. I'm the only one with it. It's cute as ****. I've had it since I joined smashboards and have never changed it.

10loyaltychars
2/aa

Last edited:

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
[3/11/2014 6:56:20 PM] Mediocre SSB64 Player: Lol someone showed me that thread on Smashboards
[3/11/2014 6:56:40 PM] Mediocre SSB64 Player: If I were you I'd just straight up stop responding
[3/11/2014 6:57:30 PM] Mediocre SSB64 Player: Once the 64 community decides to have an opinion of someone, it does not change
[3/11/2014 6:58:06 PM] Mediocre SSB64 Player: I'm a perfect example of that
[3/11/2014 6:59:40 PM] Mediocre SSB64 Player: As long as you exist in the community, they will always make fun of you and talk so much **** about you
[3/11/2014 7:00:45 PM] Mediocre SSB64 Player: Until you either learn to eventually never say anything again
[3/11/2014 7:01:06 PM] Mediocre SSB64 Player: Or until they drive you to the point of quitting the game like me

the man speaks truth

Vale

Smash Ace
guys i think somebody hacked novasmash's account
i mean, he said he wasn't going to post
yet here he is, making a post
we'll need some serious investigation

(don't take offense to this kthnx)

Froski

Boss of Bosses
Why do i even bother reading anything on this forum?
[3/11/2014 6:56:20 PM] Mediocre SSB64 Player: Lol someone showed me that thread on Smashboards
[3/11/2014 6:56:40 PM] Mediocre SSB64 Player: If I were you I'd just straight up stop responding
[3/11/2014 6:57:30 PM] Mediocre SSB64 Player: Once the 64 community decides to have an opinion of someone, it does not change
[3/11/2014 6:59:40 PM] Mediocre SSB64 Player: As long as you exist in the community, they will always make fun of you and talk so much **** about you
[3/11/2014 7:00:45 PM] Mediocre SSB64 Player: Until you either learn to eventually never say anything again
[3/11/2014 7:01:06 PM] Mediocre SSB64 Player: Or until they drive you to the point of quitting the game like me

the man speaks truth
if you never try to change anyones opinion about you then you're just going to be stuck in the same loop.....pretty simple.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
well, if you made posts that werent super-defensive about your skill, angry attempts to call X player out for being **** or just plain mad and self-entitled, maybe someone's opinion of you would change?

i mean, kero went from being a ness-using scrub to a pika main with a dictator-complex (and also a cousin-complex), which is arguably a step up

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
I've done plenty to try to change people's opinion about me......they just want to believe what they want. It really doesn't matter though. I could turn into the nicest person in the world and people like cobr would still try to argue with me about dumb stuff.

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
i dont want ur love and good graces. I want people like cobr to get off my ****

Last edited:

clubbadubba

Smash Master
The 64 community is not some uniform blob of thought. People in this community come from so many different regions, and from so many different sects of life. There are nerds, jocks, bros, stoners, hipsters, hippies, gangsters, wangsters, and even Australians. The fact that you dislike 90% of a group that has nothing in common other than love for a game could be for 2 reasons:

1) 90% of these people are bad people.

2) you have trouble getting along with people.

Option 1 is extremely unlikely from a statistical standpoint. It would be one hell of a coincidence if that were the case. Maybe, just maybe, option 2 is the real reason?

rpotts

Smash Lord
I've done plenty to try to change people's opinion about me......they just want to believe what they want. It really doesn't matter though. I could turn into the nicest person in the world and people like cobr would still try to argue with me about dumb stuff.
What have you done to change people's opinions about you? I bet if you switched to being the nicest person in the world everyone would like you except maybe a few people who really can't let go of a grudge.
i dont want ur love and good graces. I want people like cobr to get off my ****
Then stop replying to him, block him if need be. If you keep replying to him, calling him a loser with no life, and in general not paying him the slightest bit of respect you're only giving him (and others) more fuel for the fire.

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
If you knew how persistently annoying cobr is to me in the skype group, you would see he doesn't deserve any respect. As for the thread about 90%, I shouldn't have said all that but too late now, oh well.

Shears

Smash Master
The 64 community is not some uniform blob of thought. People in this community come from so many different regions, and from so many different sects of life. There are nerds, jocks, bros, stoners, hipsters, hippies, gangsters, wangsters, and even Australians. The fact that you dislike 90% of a group that has nothing in common other than love for a game could be for 2 reasons:

1) 90% of these people are bad people.

2) you have trouble getting along with people.

Option 1 is extremely unlikely from a statistical standpoint. It would be one hell of a coincidence if that were the case. Maybe, just maybe, option 2 is the real reason?
You forgot about the gelgameks.

Theres one thing you all do have in common, you're all a bunch of goddamn communists!

10protimerchars

rpotts

Smash Lord
If you knew how persistently annoying cobr is to me in the skype group, you would see he doesn't deserve any respect. As for the thread about 90%, I shouldn't have said all that but too late now, oh well.
Then be the better person and ignore him, don't respond in kind. What drove you to make the thread in the first place? Your posts around here seem to show that you don't like the community very much.
What have you done to change people's opinions about you? I bet if you switched to being the nicest person in the world everyone would like you except maybe a few people who really can't let go of a grudge.
Then stop replying to him, block him if need be. If you keep replying to him, calling him a loser with no life, and in general not paying him the slightest bit of respect you're only giving him (and others) more fuel for the fire.
You didn't answer most of my questions, any thoughts?

Last edited:

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion

the man speaks truth
Dude, that's so not true at all.

When I first joined the boards, I was arguably the most hated person on here. I hated everyone and they hated me, that's just the way it was. I stopped posting for about a year, but then I finally decided to come back and give the community another chance.

Granted, people will always make fun of me for almost hooking up my cousin, not getting top 8, failing to get with my german professor, you name it. But I know they're just ****ing around and I make fun of them back. Call me crazy, but I'd like to think that people actually like me now.

I hated this community more than anyone, but I decided to get to know them. I started posting more and I began traveling to tournaments & smashfests. Guess what? I've made so many friends because of it.

This community isn't bad dude. We're all accepting and chill people, just give us a chance.

Except aa. **** that guy.

How dare you change your avatar, aa. You finally had a good one and then replaced it with some anime ***** as usual. Wtf man. Smh.

M!nt

Smash Champion
When I first joined the boards, I was arguably the most hated person on here. I hated everyone and they hated me, that's just the way it was.
I was really nice to you when you first posted and never said anything bad about you , I was the first one to add you as a friend on here besides battlecow. and then you go and say mean things about me like saying I have the worst avatar ; __ ;

Also I don't think anyone hated you and I doubt many people cared about you, you were just another one of those people that thought they were the best. Also I think there's more people that don't like you now then before, NOT SAYING ME c:

I was going to make a huge angry post to what cobr posted earlier, but I changed my mind and am going to try to go back to being the nicest and friendliest person that I was before :)

Last edited:

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
I was really nice to you when you first posted and never said anything bad about you , I was the first one to add you as a friend on here besides battlecow. and then you go and say mean things about me like saying I have the worst avatar ; __ ;

Also I don't think anyone hated you and I doubt many people cared about you, you were just another one of those people that thought they were the best. Also I think there's more people that don't like you now then before, NOT SAYING ME c:
Yeah, you were one of the nicer ones. It is true that I liked some of you more than others, but ultimately, in my mind you were all still pricks and I hated every single one of you.

And IDC about the people that don't like me now. I've given them a reason to. When I joined the boards, I was just a young and innocent boy... You people were like the god damn big bad wolf!

Vale

Smash Ace
@ Shears Shears

8. Use an Appropriate Avatar

Avatars may not contain any inappropriate material as described above in rule #3, including words that would otherwise be censored. Animated avatars are prohibited. If your avatar violates either of these rules, a staff member shall contact you about removing it and replacing it with one that is more appropriate. Repeated violations may result in the loss of your custom avatar.

Battlecow

Play to Win
just gonna go ahead and say that, unbelievable as it sounds, nova has changed

you guys should have seen him back in the day. whoooooooooo boy.

kero you had no right to hate the community back in the day lol you were totally in the wrong

we all love you now though

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
ah, rpotts, that's literally how nova works.

he will not answer any questions when he knows the answers will paint him in a bad (aka true) light, or when he's back into a corner. he'll just call you a loser and say he doesn't have anything to prove or doesn't need to answer to you.

also mint you're welcome to PM me about anything, i don't mind discussing things. i promise i won't call you a fat **** oxygen thief and want to shoot up your funeral if you disagree with me.

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Then be the better person and ignore him, don't respond in kind. What drove you to make the thread in the first place? Your posts around here seem to show that you don't like the community very much.

I've hosted tourneys, even some with cash prizes to try to do something fun for the community but that doesn't matter to people like cobr who has it ingrained in his head that I'm troll. I stopped talking alot of **** to people on here until yesterday, I had not even gotten infracted since smashboards changed host until yesterday. And I bet cobr will try to find something wrong with hosting tourneys and call me dumb or something, I don't really care.

Last edited:

rpotts

Smash Lord
I've hosted tourneys, even some with cash prizes to try to do something fun for the community but that doesn't matter to people like cobr who has it ingrained in his head that I'm troll. I stopped talking alot of **** to people on here until yesterday, I had not even gotten infracted since smashboards changed host until yesterday. And I bet cobr will try to find something wrong with hosting tourneys and call me dumb or something, I don't really care.
Hosting tourneys can be cool, trying to get involved and all, but it won't make a difference if you still berate other people and act like we're all out to get you or there's some conspiracy going on that cobr's in on, lol. Why do you care what cobr thinks or does anyway? Or anyone else for that matter? You seem to be projecting this idea of how you think cobr acts onto the community as a whole, which is wholy unfair, not everyone on here hate you, or think you're a troll or whatever you think that cobr thinks you are.

What made you want to make the thread yesterday? What happened? Do you really think that 90% of us are awful people or sociopaths or whatever it was you called us?

Top Bottom