• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

TANK64

Smash Lord
I stopped playing for more than 2 years and nobody noticed or gave a ****.
I noticed.

Fireblaster - Apparently all he's ****ing good for is beating stranded. Oh, and wasting lots of gas money to get to NJ tournaments without gaining it back and he doesn't even improve. The community is better off without him causing trouble.

Shears

Smash Master
it's not like i've never been to a tournament before lol. i used to go to melee tournaments all the time and still occasionally go to melee fests around my city. i definitely want to go to the next major 64 tourney.
You're going to seriously compare those dorks over at the melee boards with us 64 guys? This hurts. I'll need to go eat a gallon of ice cream by myself to get over this.

10disappointedchars.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
You were one of the people that wanted me banned from the skype smash group and you're also one of several people that completely avoided me at apex as much as possible. Actions speak louder than words. And you have definitely seen other players who have explicitly stated their disgust of me being in this scene (several of these are also uncoincidentally the ones that completely avoided me at apex). I won't put any other names here unless they tell me they don't care.

But if you say your opinion about me is indifferent, then it will be so and I won't put words into your mouth. I'm just tired of people telling me "youll be bak next year XDDDD" like they think I didn't already quit for 3 years beforehand.
It's funny how sheer said he would call you "bestie" in real life and he was afraid to even talk to you at apex.

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
i like this game but then i dont when i realize how ****ing far behind i am compared to everyone else despite playing it on and off since about 2005 and it depresses me

but then again it's just a video game and that feeling subsides and im okay where im at :)

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
watg r u guyses top 10 games list all time

here mkine not ordered ok

1. gothic 2
2. neverwinter nights
3. a link between worlds
4. alundra
5. divine divinity
6. silent hill 3
7. eye of the beholder 2
8. gothic 3
9. daggerfall
10. wind waker
11. ultima underworld 2

wat r ur non ordered favorite games list

Vale

Smash Ace
1. ssb 64
2. ssb brawl
3. dance dance revolution (only with arcade stations, though)
4. pokemon puzzle league
5. ssb melee
6. super mario 64
7. super mario sunshine
8. yugioh stuff (all the video games are basically the same but with new cards added; my favorite format is probably like from 2005 or 2006, although gadgets are cool too).
9. fire emblem: path of radiance if i had to choose one.
10. paper mario the thousand year door
honorable mentions: pokemon x, pokemon stadium, pokemon stadium 2, kirby air ride, mario kart double dash, other fire emblem games, the one minigame from the shard kirby game where you destroy rows/columns and run around, and some other cool things
love/hate relationship: animal crossing

if non-video games count, pinball would go under puzzle league and kickball would go above yugioh. i play basketball more often but it isn't as fun

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
1. crash bandicoot 3
2. spyro the dragon 1
3. ff7
4. ff9
5. pokemon blue
6. chrono cross
7. ssb64
8. resident evil code veronica
9. pokemon gold
10. onimusha 3

didn't quite make it: NCAA football 2006, GTA vice city, ff10, combat arms

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
1. SSB64
2. Ocarina of Time
3. Twilight Princess
4. Link to the Past
5. Majoras Mask
6. Chrono Trigger
7. GTA San Andreas
8. Pokemon Silver
9. Fallout 3
10. Skyrim

Honorable Mention: Madden 09 for the ps3 only because I can safely guarantee a final score of 255-0 without any offensive yards.

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
1. megaman x
2. banjo-kazooie
3. pokemon puzzle league
4. persona 4
5. legend of zelda wind waker
6. team fortress 2
7. earthworm jim
8. earthbound
9. ratchet and clank: up your arsenal
10. okami

edit: eh honorable mention to ssb64 but cmon

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
My top 10 is pretty gross

1. Pokemon (series) XY>BW2>RSE>HGSS>RBY>DPP>GSC>FRLG>BW
2. Mother 3
3. SSB
4. Crash Bandicoot 2
5. Charles Barkley's Shut Up and Jam Gaiden
6. Gears of War 3
7. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
8. Super Mario Galaxy
9. EarthBound
10. Mario Kart DS

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Mine is roughly something like this, with some stuff lumped together to avoid redundancy

SSB / SSBM
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Mother 3
Starcraft: BW
Ocarina of Time
Banjo Kazooie/Tooie
Earthbound
Pokemon Gold/Silver
Mario 64 or Mario Galaxy
Okami

Maybe honorable mention to some cool indie games like Braid, World of Goo, and Amnesia. It's just kind of hard to compare them alongside major blockbuster titles.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
1. metal gear solid
2. super mario rpg
3. tenchu stealth assassins
4. gta san andreas
5. bomberman world
6. tetris
7. crash team racing
8. pokemon red
9. nba jam
10. hitman contracts

honorable mentions: smash 64, wolf among us, fight night round 3, nfl blitz 2002, game and watch gallery, gears 3, super mario bros 2

oh man i forgot about age of empires. that would probably take it over nba jam tbh

Last edited:

bloodpeach

Smash Journeyman
SSB64
Majora's Mask / Okami
Link Between Worlds / Link's Awakening
Pokemon (BW2 > RBY > BW > GSC > meh)
Mother 3
Super Metroid
Metroid Fusion
Bomberman 64
Fire Emblem 4

@ AtotheZ AtotheZ why the BW hate?

Zeds

Smash Apprentice
1. Halo: Combat Evolved
2. Halo 2
3. Mario Kart 64
4. Lord of the Rings Online
5. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
6. Civilization 3
7. Sid Meier's SimGolf
8. Roller Coaster Tycoon
9. Diablo 3
10. Viking: Battle for Asgard

mixa

Banned via Warnings
1. pokémon - the first ones idk
2. gta sa
3. diddy kong racing
4. braid
5. sonic adventure
6. ... not sure I've played 10 games to completion

my favorite ost is from dkc 2, and that piano stuff from the sims

Nintendude

Smash Hero
1. Halo: Combat Evolved
2. Halo 2
3. Mario Kart 64
4. Lord of the Rings Online
5. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
6. Civilization 3
7. Sid Meier's SimGolf
8. Roller Coaster Tycoon
9. Diablo 3
10. Viking: Battle for Asgard
I completely forgot about RCT. That would go on my top-10 list for sure lol

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
Halo: Combat Evolved
Chrono Trigger
GTA: SA
Fire Emblem (7)
Kotor 1
Kotor 2
Fallout 3
Warcraft 2
Warcraft 3
PS3 games I can't decide among (LittleBigPlanet, GTAV, Uncharted 2, Last of Us, Arkham City, Red Dead Redemption)

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
@ bloodpeach bloodpeach nothing really sat well with me for BW as well as the others. Playing through was alright, but I didn't like it as much as the other games. I didn't find anything worth doing after the E4, so the postgame killed it for me.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
1 ssb
2 3D zelda games
3 Kingdom Hearts series
4 Diddy Kong Racing
5 Banjo Kazooie
6 Half-Life 2
7 Portal series
8 Pokemon R/B (**** that other ****)
9 Starcraft 2
10 sonic 2

Honorable Mention:
sega aladdin
gauntlet legends
tmnt: turtles in time
tonic trouble
mario tennis

VVilde

Smash Cadet
1.) SSB64
2.) Chess
3.) SSBM
4.) Gears of War
5.) Pokemon: Gold/Silver
6.) Mario Kart: Double dash
7.) Donkey Kong Country 3
8.) Pokemon Stadium 2
9.) Mario Tennis
10.) Modern Warfare 2

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Why play legends when dark legacy exists?
Why play as when brawl exists?

Never actually played it actually. If it's like the first I'm sure it's amazing.

You all need to play kingdom hearts for real that game is incredible

The Star King

Smash Hero
1. Smash 64
2. Touhou (series)
3. Melee
4. Pokemon X and Y (series - I say X and Y because the latest Pokemon game kind of "contains" the previous games in terms of Pokemon/moves/items)
5. Heroes of Might and Magic III Complete
6. Everything else

Part of me is pained to put Heroes of Might and Magic III as low as 5th. I think it's the most beautiful game ever created, in terms of... expansiveness. Completeness. It's not the same as the others to me. This game is like... books, movies to me. Because each map is its own world, and the game itself goes so much further than 99% of casual fans know. I don't think anyone who has gone far enough to complete truly beautiful masterpieces of HOMMIII maps, such as "Metataxer's Revenge" (German) or "Xiedu" (Chinese), could disagree. Even on small puzzle maps, each battle can be made into a unique and challenging puzzle, with a good mapmaker. It's pretty amazing. But I put it at 5th because I have to admit to myself I've been a little tired of it and stopped playing it very much. We'll see what happens to it in the future.

I pretty much never play Melee too, but I feel that's because I have nobody to play it with. I think I would like it a lot if I played it competitively. We'll see, though.

Touhou as a series might be a little unfair, but I didn't wanna put like 9 Touhou games on the list lol.

Nothing besides these 5 really stand out to me. Even very revered games I've played such as Ocarina of Time. Might seem strange to other people, but it's true. Maybe it's more accurate to say, these 5 trump everything else by far too large of a margin? I've played some other games, such as Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Super Monkey Ball 2, quite a bit, so those are potential candidates for 6th if I was nicer, I guess, lol. And there's some games I think could probably make it to 6th if I just played them more. Dark Souls, I can only play at a friend's dorm, so I haven't played it too much, but it seems very interesting, and honestly puts any 3D Zelda to shame in my opinion. Maybe I'll buy Dark Souls 2 when it comes out. And since I find Touhou very fun, I would probably like other shmups such as Mushihimesama Futari, but I haven't bothered trying them yet.

Last edited:

Battlecow

Play to Win
1. 64

Big old honking gap

2. Melee
3. FE 6-7 and various mods
4. Super Ghouls n' Ghosts
5. Pokemon Blue
6. Megaman X

IDK about anything else, lots of OK games

PS where did SK end up going to school, is he still in MD/VA?

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
∞ DONKEY KONGA, because god damn it's so much fun.

1. Dark Souls: tuned in for the difficulty, stayed for the lore. Everything about the game is amazing, and now I just go back to it to analyze the lore more and more.
2. Tales of Symphonia: For some reason it's the only jrpg that I feel does everything really well. Good music, great story. Haven't played it in like 7 years, and I feel like if I did, my appreciation for it would decline. #kratosneverforget
3. Majora's Mask: Really love how most sidequests tie in with the arc of the story. Its deep tone is what keeps me going back to it every couple of years.
4. Boktai for gba: Great little adventure game. Has a really cool sun sensor that let's you charge your weapon during the day. This game forced me to play outside (kinda) when I was addicted to videogames, but it was a very awesome game overall. Really fun concept of "exorcising" vampires.
5. Demon's Souls: Sold my 360 and bought a Ps3 just to buy this game when it came out. As great as Dark Souls, with some downfalls in the combat mechanics. Lore is amazing. The voice acting and environments blend together so well.
6. SW Jedi Outcast 2. Best online experience I've had ever.
7. Metroid Prime: Everything about this game was so perfect for the time. It set the tone for the new generation of consoles back then. Favorite 1st person adventure game ever.
8. Pokemon Yellow: Every time I hear an 8 bit tune from Pokemon, the feels become unmanageable
9. SSB64: I've played it more than most games on this list, but of course it wouldn't be here if I had nobody to play it with. Love you guys! (I hate samus mains)
10. Ocarina of Time. First game I played for the 64, and also the first game that REALLY got me into gaming after having been hanging around my sister playing Mario for the NES.

Still good: Goldeneye (for its time), gta vice city, bomberman 64, Wind Waker, Bioshock 1.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
1) skullgirls
2) SF4
3) Sonic and all stars racing transformed
4) Deus Ex
5) STALKER series
6) Hitman Blood Money
7) Timesplitters series (only console FPS that isn't gutter trash)
8) Saints Row the third
9) Majora's mask
10) Serious Sam series

Vale

Smash Ace

asianaussie

Smash Hero
skullgirls is a pretty good game for anyone, regardless of their experience with 2D fighters

1) Persona 4 Golden
2) The World Ends With You
3) Pokemon Crystal
4) Donkey Kong Country 2/Megaman X
5) Mother 3
6) Kingdom Hearts
7) Sly Cooper
8) Persona 3: FES/Persona 3 Portable
9) Dissidia: Final Fantasy
10) Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
1. Smash 64
2. StarCraft series
3. Ocarina of Time
4. Super Mario RPG
5. Streets of Rage (series)
6. GTA V
7. Brave Fencer Musashi
8. Bomberman 64
9. Borderlands 2
10. Breath of fire series

Its hard to pick a top 10. I have played a lot of games.

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
1) ssb64
2) Sonic 2
3) Mario 3
4) Shenmue
5) Final fantasy 6 or 7 or 8
6) Ecco the tides of time
7) Donkey kong country 2
8) Sonic Adventure
9) Majora's Mask or Wind Waker
10) Tetris

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
i've been meaning to try this game out, what's it like?
It's basically like a mix of SF alpha 3 and MvC2. Combos are really easy to pull off and feel solid while at the same time not being long so that the opponent just sits there staring at his health bar. It is really reset heavy which forces both players to constantly be active at all times. The neutral game can get pretty crazy but nothing ridiculous like MvC3 where often you can't even see where your character is. It has a ton of design decisions that basically make it so that when you lose, you feel like you were just outplayed instead of thinking "there was nothing I could do".

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
1. SSB64 (PHOX)
2. Resident Evil 4/5/3D (MERCS)
3. StepMania/In The Groove (Music)
4. Melee/P:M
5. Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
6. Gauntlet Dark Legacy/Legends (KNITE)
7. Starcraft 1/2
8. Socom 1/2 + Halo 1/2
9. WoW 2nd-3rd expacs (PVP)
10. Magic the Gathering: Online

Lotta PWN games on these lists so far

**** *****. so many honorable mentions...

OoT + MM, Pokemon Emerald (BATTLE FACTORY 999:99 x2-4 IGT), Bomberman 64/hero/generation, Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon + Goemon's Great Adventure, NBA Street Vol. 2 + NBA Hangtime, Kingdom Hearts series, FF 10 (Maxed out each characters' sphere grid...LOL), Paper Mario 64/GC, Shining Force 1/2, TIME CRISIS 3, Police Trainer 2, Soul Caliber 2, Capcom Vs SNK 2, Marvel 1+2, SF3 3rd strike, NES + SNES Mario, Sonic 2, Mario Party 3, Mario Kart Double Dash, The New Tetris, probably more FAK so many

Last edited:

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
3. StepMania/In The Groove (Music)
oh **** i forgot

revamped list

1) skullgirls
2) SF4
3) RHYTHM GAMES (not the fake ass **** made in the west aka guitar hero rock band)
4) Sonic and all stars racing transformed
5) Deus Ex
6) STALKER series
7) Hitman Blood Money
8) Timesplitters series (only console FPS that isn't gutter trash)
9) Majora's mask
10) Serious Sam series

M!nt

Smash Champion
not in order
1.Smash 64
2.Team Fortress 2
3.Kingdom Hearts 2
4.Kingdom Hearts
5.Rayman for playstation 1
6.Pokemon FireRed
7.Earthbound