• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

kys

Smash Ace
Taylor ham is expanding. It's making appearances in select grocery stores around the country. No longer can Jersey keep its monopoly on the best salted pork roll in the world.

I didn't reallize Boom had such great taste in video games!

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
Oh I forgot to add HANG-ON! to my list of top ten, though it is a playable game in Shenmue so...

****ing Delta put 3 temporary authorizations on my credit card for 1 flight itinerary.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
So yeah. That's that. This is probably the only time you're ever going to see sensitive Kero, so if you've been dying to like call me a whiny girl or a queer or something, now would probably be the best time to do it lol.

-Kero the Great
That has nothing to do with being sensitive. You're just being honest with your goals in this game. I have (well, had now) similar goals in this game (except for the top tier stuff because I'm not a sellout like you :shades:). I wanted to leave an impact on the game or community as well. Maybe not necessarily for being one of the best, but at least for something notable. But I've barely improved since zenith and haven't done anything noteworthy. Instead, the only thing I'm known for is being an asswipe to people and losing to m2k.

Good for you that you have the motivation to keep playing all the characters to find your true main. You never know, pikachu might be your groove after all.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
That has nothing to do with being sensitive. You're just being honest with your goals in this game. I have (well, had now) similar goals in this game (except for the top tier stuff because I'm not a sellout like you :shades:). I wanted to leave an impact on the game or community as well. Maybe not necessarily for being one of the best, but at least for something notable. But I've barely improved since zenith and haven't done anything noteworthy. Instead, the only thing I'm known for is being an ******* to people and losing to m2k.

Good for you that you have the motivation to keep playing all the characters to find your true main. You never know, pikachu might be your groove after all.
I don't think you got worse, just that everyone else got better during that 2-3 year break you took. You picked up yoshi and got good with him. I remember your fox and falcon were real good, maybe you should use them again.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
That has nothing to do with being sensitive. You're just being honest with your goals in this game. I have (well, had now) similar goals in this game (except for the top tier stuff because I'm not a sellout like you :shades:). I wanted to leave an impact on the game or community as well. Maybe not necessarily for being one of the best, but at least for something notable. But I've barely improved since zenith and haven't done anything noteworthy. Instead, the only thing I'm known for is being an ******* to people and losing to m2k.

I don't like this side of Javi that I've been seeing lately. You still can leave an impact on this community and the game if you keep playing. You've definitely gotten a lot better since Zenith and you've only been playing for like 7 or 8 months since you've come back. Don't quit the game man!

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
Hey guys.

Having said all that, I'm done using Pikachu and Kirby in tournament; definitely not permanently, but for a while. I have nothing against Pikachu or Kirby, but they just simply aren't me. I want to experiment with new things and spend some time developing myself as a player. I have a long smash career ahead of me and want to enjoy it to the fullest extent.
Officially a DK main.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
I don't think you got worse, just that everyone else got better during that 2-3 year break you took. You picked up yoshi and got good with him. I remember your fox and falcon were real good, maybe you should use them again.
I've been trying as hard as possible during the 6 months before apex to play and improve. I still haven't gotten better than when before I quit and everyone else is improving at a much faster rate than me at this point. Also I refuse to use any of the top 4 characters.

I don't like this side of Javi that I've been seeing lately. You still can leave an impact on this community and the game if you keep playing. You've definitely gotten a lot better since Zenith and you've only been playing for like 7 or 8 months since you've come back. Don't quit the game man!
Everyone keeps telling me I've "gotten better since zenith". I get you're all trying to be nice and all but it's kind of patronizing and the results just don't show anything remotely close to that. I've been playing since years ago and I've failed to make an impact then and now as well. At the rate I'm going I'm just going to end up making more enemies than friends (more of this community hates me now than before zenith).

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Javi pretty sure no one who met you irl hates you, in fact most like you. you just come across super angry on the Internet lol.

Also you improved since zenith. But you sucked at zenith so not saying much :)

bloodpeach

Smash Journeyman
Tohou is easier that it looks, at least once you figure out how to play. If you watch star kings vids closely you can sometimes see a small white dot appear over his character. thats the hitbox.

Also, I started playing Pokemon X last night and I don't like it that much. so sad :(

Sedda

Smash Champion
Fireblaster: pretty much what clubba said. You seem like a super angry douchebag online, but that's just how you are online I guess. Even I can tell you've gotten better. I didn't think you were very good from watching the Zenith videos ( I didn't know anything about you), but you were probably in super-rust mode. You've definitely gotten better, and losing to M2K is nothing to be ashamed of.
The guy runs on smash OS... what else would you expect?

It sounds like you just need a break from smash, and you sound (read?) very sad/depressed/mad (sorry if those words misrepresent how you feel) about people's lack of communication with you at APEX. Truth is, once again, you're an asshole online. I don't know if that's how other communities are online or where you got that from, but online is pretty much the only way we communicate ever other than the very few tournaments that some people here attend. Wouldn't you try to avoid a guy who calls you a fa gg ot and tells you to **** off online because you disagree about any certain topic with them? I know I would.

In my experience, you seem to be pretty terrible at arguing with people, regardless of how much more reasonable your point of view might be. It's all about delivery, and that is going to turn off a lot of people. Otherwise, you've been helpful/nice to me and you know your stuff. During our evo skype chat HYPE, you explained me how Injustice works and gave me like a brief summary of the current early meta. I'm not really much of a gamer anymore, but that got me interested in 2d fighting games in some ways, and getting a point of view from within that genre was cool.

You're nicer than you let others know, and that's the biggest problem I feel you're facing with this community right now.

You're making yourself feel more down than anybody else around you. I understand if you need a break from smash, but I'd suggest you come back quick, and maybe try not being so angry all the time. Nobody hates you here, man. I'll see you at apex 2015:75M:

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Also I refuse to use any of the top 4 characters.

Well, not saying your yoshi and mario are bad but if you play in tourneys and everyone else is going kirby, pika, fox and falcon, you're gonna have a tough time beating them with yoshi and mario unless you're exceptionally good. There's no shame in using the top 4 characters in a competitive setting where everyone is playing to win.

Also, I've never hated you even though I only know you from online. You're a pretty cool guy. If it's only sheer and near that hate you then I wouldn't worry. Sheer has the mind of a junior high school girl and near is a guy who banned me for 30,000 minutes from EGX multiple times because he didn't like me. So basically, they're both irrelevant people.

Last edited:

M!nt

Smash Champion
when i play level 9s, it makes me think i'm even worse

Last edited:

mixa

Banned via Warnings
when i play level 9s, it makes me think i'm even worse
I know it's their AI, but running towards them and getting d-smashed 3 times in a row is terribly sad

I also struggle to win vs them in teams. unless I concentrate the whole match to kill and gimp, I'll be either taking stocks from my CP friend, or I'll be alone for a good amount of time
not to mention that the 2 CPs do more team combos than I and my CP friend could ever hope for

M!nt

Smash Champion
hmm i don't think i've ever did cpu teams, might have to try it

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
Within the next 2 weeks the best players in Tacna are going to have exhibition matches on Dreamland. They will record and upload to youtube so I can use it to convince the Japanese to come to Peru lol.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I'm a bit late but oh well
First off, Sensei's poutine pick, yeee

In no particular order outside of
1. Super Metroid
2. Chrono Trigger
3. Majora's Mask
4. Ikaruga
5. SSB64
6. F-Zero GX
7. Custom Robo
8. Tetris DS/
9. Metroid Prime 2/Prime series
10. Pokemon Puzzle Leage/Panel de Pon style games

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Also, I've never hated you even though I only know you from online. You're a pretty cool guy. If it's only sheer and near that hate you then I wouldn't worry. Sheer has the mind of a junior high school girl and near is a guy who banned me for 30,000 minutes from EGX multiple times because he didn't like me. So basically, they're both irrelevant people.
You got banned multiple times because you kept evading bans. It's the same everywhere. If you got banned here on Smashboards, and you change your IP address and create a new account, your new account will be banned. Shout outs to Maliki. The initial ban? I don't remember what it was for, but I'd wager it's because you were being a giant prick or something. I was kind of immature back then too, so meh.

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
I'm a bit late but oh well
First off, Sensei's poutine pick, yeee

In no particular order outside of
1. Super Metroid
2. Chrono Trigger
3. Majora's Mask
4. Ikaruga
5. SSB64
6. F-Zero GX
7. Custom Robo
8. Tetris DS/
9. Metroid Prime 2/Prime series
10. Pokemon Puzzle Leage/Panel de Pon style games
Oh **** i forgot about F-Zero GX. I'll money match you in that game

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
You got banned multiple times because you kept evading bans. It's the same everywhere. If you got banned here on Smashboards, and you change your IP address and create a new account, your new account will be banned. Shout outs to Maliki. The initial ban? I don't remember what it was for, but I'd wager it's because you were being a giant prick or something. I was kind of immature back then too, so meh.
Pretty sure you banned me because I beat you. Nice try fa ggot.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
i enjoyed the game a lot but i wasnt that good at it. i did complete story on very hard so take that as you may

clubbadubba

Smash Master
So a few hours ago me and my gf went to go enter this lottery to win $32 tickets for Book of Mormon on Broadway in NYC. We enter the lottery, and as we're walking away, I see this handsome young gentleman that catches my eye. It's mother ****ing BANZE!! He and his gf were on their way to get tickets to a broadway show. Told them about the lottery, they entered, Banze's gf wins 2 tickets lol. So weird that the only time I've ever run into another smasher randomly irl it was with a Brazilian smasher in NYC.

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
So a few hours ago me and my gf went to go enter this lottery to win $32 tickets for Book of Mormon on Broadway in NYC. We enter the lottery, and as we're walking away, I see this handsome young gentleman that catches my eye. It's mother ****ing BANZE!! He and his gf were on their way to get tickets to a broadway show. Told them about the lottery, they entered, Banze's gf wins 2 tickets lol. So weird that the only time I've ever run into another smasher randomly irl it was with a Brazilian smasher in NYC.
That's sooooo awesome. (No sarcasm intended, totally serious)

Top Bottom