• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

menduz

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, new player to the forums, I mainly play ssb64. Just wondering, does anyone know a girl ssb player called Emmi? I just had a few matches with her and she is legit amazing, her fox absolutely destroyed me and her tech skill was out of this world. Has anyone played her before? It just baffles me how a girl can be so good at smash haha

Sangoku

Smash Master
Hi guys, new player to the forums, I mainly play ssb64. Just wondering, does anyone know a girl ssb player called Emmi? I just had a few matches with her and she is legit amazing, her fox absolutely destroyed me and her tech skill was out of this world. Has anyone played her before? It just baffles me how a girl can be so good at smash haha
We know her through videos on her youtube. She seems really that ridiculous, and that was backed up by some people who played her (most can't because of distance). Anyway there's nothing to be baffled by, that techskill level is better than 99% of boys playing this game...

Oh and Star King, I'm always surprised when I see the inferior race being good.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Today I learned keyboard players are a race and gender

Where do I check the "keyboard player" section on official documents?

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
people will call it sexist and arrogant to assume a girl is supposed to be less skilled or less adept at certain things without looking at numbers. if 98/100 smashers are guys and there are two girls playing, the chances of their tech skill outweighing the males' is really ****ing low.

or something like that. i don't know, i hate when feminism descends into idiocy.

EggSelent

Smash Apprentice
May I express my surprisal that the person with the craziest tech-skill is a girl, or is that sexist?
It's not sexist. We all know an overwhelming majority of active ssb64 players are male. So if we assume that sex and ability are completely unrelated, it should still be extremely unlikely that the person with the "craziest tech-skill" (arbitrary bull**** btw) would be female, because it's extremely unlikely that a randomly selected player is female.

Shears

Smash Master
It makes sense that a girl has better tech skill. Tech skill is acquired through practice and repetition. Its the fundamentals of a sound game. Think of basketball, women play a more fundamentally sound game than men, why would it be any different in smash? Women have to play the fundamentals because they can't dunk, guys say "screw fundamentals, I want to dunk". Replace the word "dunk" with "falcon punch".

EggSelent

Smash Apprentice
It makes sense that a girl has better tech skill. Tech skill is acquired through practice and repetition. Its the fundamentals of a sound game. Think of basketball, women play a more fundamentally sound game than men, why would it be any different in smash? Women have to play the fundamentals because they can't dunk, guys say "screw fundamentals, I want to dunk". Replace the word "dunk" with "falcon punch".
I get you're trying to be funny, but that argument is inherently flawed haha

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
no emmi zhang is not going to apex, iirc from asking her on kaillera.

8 frame high-tech skill games are really fun, practically buffering stuff years in advance xD

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
We''ll see who wins the crew battle. My guess is that you basement dwelling online jabornies will choke when you're forced play REAL smash at a REAL tournament against REAL people.

Not that it matters though, full power Koroshiyo > full power TR3G anyway.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
  • Ducky - an up-and-coming East Coast player.
  • Fays - a pro player from the Netherlands NOT GOING TO APEX
  • Hipstur - a semi-professional from Reno, Nevada.
  • LD - a pro player from the East Coast known for his smart playstyle
  • The Z - a top player from Montreal, Canada.
  • Tacos - a talented player from Texas WAS UNAWARE OF BEING IN CLAN IN THE FIRST PLACE
  • Unreal - a player from Toronto, Canada NOT GOING TO APEX/AWFUL ON CONSOLE
  • WOTG - a smasher from North Carolina who is also a scientist NEVER PLAYS CONSOLE/NOT GOING TO APEX
there's your 4v4. i'm still iffy about LD, cuz i've never even heard of him being in it either, but he's weird enough that he might be.

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
Best crew battle was​
Me, fireblaster, stranded, yunque​
vs​
han solo, kero, cober, smokey, bloodpeach​
I didnt even have to play lol. I'm pretty good at drafting​

Sedda

Smash Champion
Taken from Nintendude's Melee it on Me SSBM Rank thingy:

"[...] He is also a high-level SSB64 player; his Mario took him to 9th place in the Apex 2013 side event."

"SSB64 [...] side event"

"SIDE EVENT"

Vale

Smash Ace
Are you trying to tell me that the Smash 64 tournaments are smaller and not as highly regarded as the other games by people who play the other games instead?
Say it ain't so.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
what's the problem? get some logic, mens....

don't act like a tournament with 1/3 entrants should be 100% equal, just be real

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
by no means. but that's the issue i was addressing. people shouldn't call it equal when it clearly isn't, then when we embrace that inequality and desire one small change, we're disregarded.

sorta like that political photo of the guy sitting on a mountain of cash screaming at the guy who's holding a dollar bill next to him with a sign saying raise the minimum wage. "YOUR GREED IS RUINING THE ECONOMY"

fohhh

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
was just thinking today how good its going to feel to crush the kero's yoshis at apex.

I, KeroKeroppi the Great, officially challenge you, Scrubdogmillionaire, to a 12 character battle at Apex.

If I win, you have to make a thread titled "KeroKeroppi is the Best SSB Player Who Has Ever Lived" and post a picture of a llama on it.

I'll agree to whatever the conditions are if I lose because frankly you beating me is impossible LOL.

DO YOU ACCEPT???

Sangoku

Smash Master
Emmi Zang? Rofl that's dirty. Zhang please.

Did she say why she wouldn't come to Apex? If she pulls out the money excuse, we can start raising a fund.

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
i'd donate like $500 for her travels, but only if she agrees to a threesome with supercuddlefan

The Star King

Smash Hero
people will call it sexist and arrogant to assume a girl is supposed to be less skilled or less adept at certain things without looking at numbers. if 98/100 smashers are guys and there are two girls playing, the chances of their tech skill outweighing the males' is really ****ing low.

or something like that. i don't know, i hate when feminism descends into idiocy.
Obviously. But that doesn't mean her being a girl is good reasoning for believing she is fake.

That's like me saying "if 999/1000 smashers are not 28 year old Hispanic dudes from NorCal and there's one that is, then the chances of that player's skill outweighing everyone else's is extremely low. Isai is fake." Not saying you're saying she's fake, but other people are.

It is not sexist to say that a girl is unlikely to be most technical in a community where 99% is male. This is true. It IS sexist to assume she is fake because she is a girl. You choose to pay attention to trait of sex over others, when as my above example illustrates, you can paint anyone as "unlikely" to be the best at something.

Pooncahontas

Smash Apprentice
sup *******,

you guyz got nothing on mrs ZHANG.
You get rekt in 7 frames by her Fox.
I bet none of you can do 1 min combos.
The only way people can explain it is TAS?!
None of you are a match.

Top Bottom