• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

asianaussie

Smash Hero
im not going to say anything about australia's scene because you're all murrikan

ciaza, rom and probably james and pete are imo better than emmi simply because they learnt in a more conducive competitive environment, whereas emmi came in really late and basically plays with one or two decent players and a lot of randoms - she has mad techskill but still has a few rather odd habits that are easily punishable

feel free to PROVE ME WRONG BY GOING TO APEX, EMMI

IF YOU'RE ACTUALLY A REAL PERSON

SSBPete

Smash Lord
im not going to say anything about australia's scene because you're all murrikan

ciaza, rom and probably james and pete are imo better than emmi simply because they learnt in a more conducive competitive environment, whereas emmi came in really late and basically plays with one or two decent players and a lot of randoms - she has mad techskill but still has a few rather odd habits that are easily punishable

feel free to PROVE ME WRONG BY GOING TO APEX, EMMI

IF YOU'RE ACTUALLY A REAL PERSON
i beat her when i laser camp

heh heh heh

that reminds me - if anyone wants to gentleman rule me to hyrule i will laser camp you

don't say i didn't warn you

menduz

Smash Rookie
sorry guys if I sounded sexist, I didn't mean it. Anyways, I've talked to emmi quite a bit on skype, and I myself can guarantee 1) she is real 2) she is a girl 3) she loves smash more than anything else. Actually quite alot of people in the aussie smash community knows her, some know her irl and some skypes with her all the time. So I dono how you guys can keep saying she's fake or something lol. Also regarding her skills, I can vouch that her combos vids are legit, she even showed me her notes planning those combos for months, and how she used to practice segments of the combo for many hours on end, she even has timetables describing what movement types and skills to practice everyday. Her 1 min combos take her months of planning and execution. I think that kinda dedication is something to be admired of rather than greeted with all kinds of doubtful remarks and negative comments.

Basically, I can tell that her dedication and love to ssb is really amazing, we have this australian skype smash group and all she does everyday is teaching the newcommers how to play and the decent players the advanced techniques. It's also pretty crazy that she doesn't even really care about what people think of her but she just wants to play and have fun with ssb. Also she plays non serious all the time, esp in friendlies against us aussies, and STILL manages to wreck all of us. Anyways, I just personally think it's stupid that when some insane player appears out of no where, the first remark in the broader smash community are comments of suspicion and doubt, labelling her vids TAS, calling her fake and etc.

The Star King

Smash Hero
When Ricky first appeared everybody called him TAS too. I was one of the few who gave him the benefit of the doubt back then. I think people should be more willing to give that benefit of the doubt.

Maybe I'll be wrong this time and Emmi will turn out to be actually "fake", but I don't really lose anything from being wrong.

B Link

Smash Lord
sorry guys if I sounded sexist, I didn't mean it. Anyways, I've talked to emmi quite a bit on skype, and I myself can guarantee 1) she is real 2) she is a girl 3) she loves smash more than anything else. Actually quite alot of people in the aussie smash community knows her, some know her irl and some skypes with her all the time. So I dono how you guys can keep saying she's fake or something lol. Also regarding her skills, I can vouch that her combos vids are legit, she even showed me her notes planning those combos for months, and how she used to practice segments of the combo for many hours on end, she even has timetables describing what movement types and skills to practice everyday. Her 1 min combos take her months of planning and execution. I think that kinda dedication is something to be admired of rather than greeted with all kinds of doubtful remarks and negative comments.

Basically, I can tell that her dedication and love to ssb is really amazing, we have this australian skype smash group and all she does everyday is teaching the newcommers how to play and the decent players the advanced techniques. It's also pretty crazy that she doesn't even really care about what people think of her but she just wants to play and have fun with ssb. Also she plays non serious all the time, esp in friendlies against us aussies, and STILL manages to wreck all of us. Anyways, I just personally think it's stupid that when some insane player appears out of no where, the first remark in the broader smash community are comments of suspicion and doubt, labelling her vids TAS, calling her fake and etc.
The skepticism is justified because most players who were skeptical are good ssb players (e.g. Dexter). They have good intuition over what's possible and what's not possible. No one thought isai and alancitu's combos were TAS (except when they're joking; out of sarcasm and sheer awe) cuz you can just tell, even though they're very hard to perform.

Dumb skepticism would be the people who say Isai's (or whoever's) videos are either 1) sped up, 2) done on emulator (even though it's clearly on console) 3) or 3) the players are using non-n64 controllers, etc.

In my opinion, since she records the sound of her Hori, and it syncs up quite well with the movements in her combo videos, I am inclined to say she's real. Though she could still be a boy until she proves otherwise via skype video chat or w.e.

The Star King

Smash Hero
The skepticism is justified because most players who were skeptical are good ssb players (e.g. Dexter). They have good intuition over what's possible and what's not possible.
The same case was with Ricky. So you think they right?

Also there's that thing where Dexter accused me of intentionally not saving replays, so yeah... I just think he's a suspicious person.

B Link

Smash Lord
Are you asking 'Do you think that the people who thought: "Ricky uses TAS in some videos, but did not label it" are right?'

If so, my answer is I think they can't be blamed for being skeptical. You can't know for sure if it's done on emulator. Do I think they're right? How am I suppose to know, given the last sentence?

If you're asking about whether Emmi is real, I already shared my views in my first post.

---

The only way to provide 100% proof that you're non-TAS is to record console gameplay (to my knowledge, no one knows how to do what Karajan mentioned a while back -- I won't say it otherwise it might give people ideas LOL).

EDIT: you can also record yourself doing the combo in front of the computer monitor, with the controller/device within the video

Another close-to-100% proof is when your combos are unimpressive/look natural. If this is the case, then you probably didn't use TAS (but you still can't know for sure, LMAO).

Also, no one can know for certain if you did or did not intentionally forget to record the replays. We'd have to be mind-readers/have cutting-edge brain scanning technology or something. But we're all a flowery and rosy non-skeptical community so we tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, justified or not.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Or are you asking 'Do I think Ricky is fake, given his impressive combos'? I'm pretty sure you didn't mean this, cuz obviously Ricky is not fake.
Well yeah, I would say he isn't fake, but I did mean this, to see what you say:

You think he's "obviously not fake", which plays into my point. People accused him of being fake at first, which goes against your point of good players having "good intuition over what's possible and what's not possible".

The only way to provide 100% proof that you're non-TAS is to record console gameplay (to my knowledge, no one knows how to do what Karajan mentioned a while back -- I won't say it otherwise it might give people ideas LOL).
Yeah, that can still be hypothetically be faked. I'm not sure what you mean specifically with "what Karajan mentioned", but it's pretty easy to think of some ways to do that.

Also, no one can know for certain if you did or did not intentionally forget to record the replays. We'd have to be mind-readers/have cutting-edge brain scanning technology or something. But we're all a flowery and rosy non-skeptical community so we tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, justified or not.
Flowery and rosy non-skeptical? Maybe some of us, anyway... if you ask me a good portion of this community is pretty suspicious. Three examples - Ricky, Emmi, D3xter accusing me - of skepticism discussed in this very conversation.

Yeah I know there was no way he could've known either way. My problem with D3xter's actions is that with no way to know either way, he chose to accuse me of blatantly lying, without any hint of doubt in his accusation. Like he was certain, between the two possibilities, me lying is somehow the obvious answer. Or something.

And then he forgot to record in Loser's. Fate has a sense of irony, it seems. Definitely made him look silly.

¨°PÞ-§°¨ Bane

Smash Apprentice
"her" combos go from ez to wtf there's no way this is possible. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Leex7sRtX4 <--- this is definitely TAS. even isai's combos do not come close to this difficulty (the platform drop weak ff uairs are what convince me). it's very easy to make a TAS vid and then record yourself making button noises over that vid. in fact, if you press the buttons the way you think you should if you were actually attempting to do what's in the video, it'd sound pretty legit.

my skepticism just comes from years of seeing this kind of **** online. whenever a girl seemingly comes out of nowhere and is really good, it's a fake. the fact that the person backing up the legitimacy of her gender has 2 posts ever should only be further evidence for everyone.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
I was going to bed, then this hoax debate got me thinking

and I don't know, you guys probably watch those vids the first think that comes to mind is "is it real?? y/n"
that doesn't worry me, somehow

I'm a pretty cynical guy, on unhealthy levels, but it's clear that this isn't either all true or all fase, and the mere possibility that she is real, makes this discussion seem rude. even though she doesn't seem to read any of this

I'm not the most polite guy on the internet, buy y'know.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
"her" combos go from ez to wtf there's no way this is possible. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Leex7sRtX4 <--- this is definitely TAS

I didn't get what Karajan meant before but he's been telling me that the controller noises in these videos sound nothing like a Hori (that she apparently uses). And after spending a lot of time around karajan and hearing him play with Hori pads, I think he's right. It sounds more like a keyboard than anything else. It also bothers me how little the controller sounds match what's happening on screen.

Sedda

Smash Champion
Why do you guys take this so seriously? Maybe she's fake and maybe she's not. Cool combos regardless. She doesn't owe you any proof. If you don't want to believe she's real and have developed a rage tantrum because you don't have any proof, that's your own fault. LET'S TALK ABOUT ROM INSTEAD.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Why do you guys take this so seriously? Maybe she's fake and maybe she's not. Cool combos regardless. She doesn't owe you any proof. If you don't want to believe she's real and have developed a rage tantrum because you don't have any proof, that's your own fault. LET'S TALK ABOUT ROM INSTEAD.

What i want to know is how the **** you only have 506 posts. I thought you were in the thousands lol.

Sedda

Smash Champion
Nah. I somehow feel it's easier to get as good as Isai at ssb than matching Clubba's posting acceleration rate.

The Star King

Smash Hero
clubba doesn't post nearly as much as like 2010 Star King/Battlecow/asianaussie

If I always posted at my current rate I'd probably be at like 3k posts or something

edit: yeah honestly I'm half expecting the reality to be Rom reading these posts and laughing about the discussion he has spurred with a fake persona

but

I don't lose anything by giving Emmi the benefit of the doubt for now, and I enjoy being the one to go for the benefit of the doubt, somehow, so there you go

¨°PÞ-§°¨ Bane

Smash Apprentice
lol you guys

just because there's a .0001% chance it might be (gasp) a GIRL doesn't mean you should hold onto pointless hope when all logic and evidence points to otherwise. i guarantee you're making some guy in australia rofl right now. and even if it was a girl, why would y'all be worried about being rude? this is a community that has, for the most part, not given a rat's ass about being rude to each other (seeing as we're all male).

so therefore i conclude that everyone defending "her" is either sexist or thirsty. i expect better :troll:

Vale

Smash Ace
if not caring counts as benefit of the doubt, i'm with star king. stop caring about it and play the game. gender is a nonissue, especially when we're playing online. the video thing matters even less.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
gender is a nonissue, yes, but the issue here is whether or not people are correct and it's some guy uploading tas videos, claiming they're real, and pretending to be some asian chick from australia.

and **** you guys hori's DON'T SOUND LIKE THAT JESUS

Vale

Smash Ace
gender is a nonissue, yes, but the issue here is whether or not people are correct and it's some guy uploading tas videos, claiming they're real, and pretending to be some asian chick from australia.

and why do we care whether or not this is true? i don't see the impact either way.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
because i don't like liars or fakes and there's no reason i or anyone else should give respect/acknowledgement of existence to someone who claims to be something other than what they are, especially when a lot of evidence points to said person being untruthful.

it'd be like jpleal posting his BTT world records and claiming to be a 13 year old girl from sasketchewan who performed all of these feats on console with an original n64 controller, no gameshark no codes no nothing. we'd have no way of knowing whether or not that was true, and naturally, we'd mistrust it.

in terms of actually playing the game, no, it doesn't matter.

in a community sense, i think it matters a little bit.

Just found out short hop> up air> back air works with pika lol. Did everyone know about this?????? Too good.
you have a final in a few hours.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
aren't there only three

pete you and ciaza

there's some australian guy on the eastcoastssb64 facebook group with a really goofy name but i dunno who it is

edit: it's apparently pooncahontas, aka same **** as me not knowing who it is

Top Bottom