• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

M!nt

Smash Champion
Why is yobolight banned? Was he the one spamming all that stuff?

mixa

Banned via Warnings
cheap discipline goes away too fast

the other day I got an add-on to block certain websites, configured it so I couldn't change it back unless I uninstall the whole thing, and then accidentally found out that opening an anonymous tab ignores all that.

Mr Bushido

Smash Ace
The 2014 MeTaGaMe has Hyrule banned so Falcon definitely tops Fox

Also Yoshi v Mario is debatable to the point where I seriously don't know who goes on top (lelelelele)

kys

Smash Ace
MY TURN:

S - Pika
A - Kirby, Fox
B - Falcon
C - Yoshi, Mario
D - Jiggs, DK
E - Samus, Link
F - Ness, Luigi (Could be switched...maybe)

Yoshi definitely better than Mario, especially in the higher tier matchups like Pika and Fox

"OMG Falcon is god on dreamland and way better than Fox" is nonsense

I like Samus' higher tier matchups more than the other dudes down in the dumpster.

Getting banned from smashboards just means you view the posts as a guest. Did the inability to post actually keep people from coming back and wasting time in the past?

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
How is it not obvious that Falcon is better than Fox? Falcon-Fox is probably 60-40 Falcon. Falcon has better matchups against Pika and Yoshi. Fox and Falcon are both equally bad vs Kirby. Fox and Falcon go even against Mario more or less. Fox has the advantage against Puff. Then the rest of the characters are all equally bad vs Fox and Falcon. Well, Fox-Samus is 90-10 while Falcon-Samus is 85-15, but that shouldn't factor in to it too much.

kys

Smash Ace
How is it not obvious that Falcon is better than Fox? Falcon-Fox is probably 60-40 Falcon. Falcon has better matchups against Pika and Yoshi. Fox and Falcon are both equally bad vs Kirby. Fox and Falcon go even against Mario more or less. Fox has the advantage against Puff. Then the rest of the characters are all equally bad vs Fox and Falcon. Well, Fox-Samus is 90-10 while Falcon-Samus is 85-15, but that shouldn't factor in to it too much.
Head to head, I think it's close but I'm gonna say it's 55-50 Fox. Fox has a better neutral game with his lasers and jabs and stuff. When it comes to edgeguarding, Falcon off the stage means a stock. Fox means a stock like 95% of the time. There's gonna be times when Fox makes it back and Falcon is just hopeless. Falcon's platform camping is overstated and Fox enjoys the same kind of camping luxuries.

I'll give you a better matchup against Pika, but even that is close. And against Yoshi? I'll take Fox. I like the idea that I can shoot lasers and use jab and dtilt to keep my distance from the dinosaur.

Okay, there's no way they're both "equally bad vs. Kirby." Fox does waaay better against Kirby than Falcon.

Even against Mario? No way. Fox absolutely ***** Mario. Falcon beats Mario but it's not nearly as close.

@ Tank: Off the top of my head that feels like a bad date, like I've got finals or something. I'll have to check the schedule.

Sangoku

Smash Master
you sick son of a *****, this is why we have such a problem with sexual assault
Are you talking to me? If yes, may I know why you're insulting me? If my wording was wrong/weird, feel free to correct me, it's always better for improvement. How should I formulate the fact that he sent me a PM asking me to ban him?

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
maybe it's the language barrier :dizzy:

one of the most prevalent responses in ****/assault situations is "she was asking for it, she ____________", to which everyone should readily reply, "there's no excuse"

i was making a JOKE SANGOKU GOD

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
Falcon recovers better at lower percents when he's closer to the stage. His double jump is really good at sweet spotting the ledge, and if he has to use his up-b, he can doug-hug which helps a lot. If Fox has to use his up-b, that's a stock.

At higher percents, Falcon usually can't recover because of distance. Fox is better at high percents.

You might prefer Fox against Yoshi, but a bunch of Yoshi mains here think that Falcon is Yoshi's worst matchup (the other one bad one being Kirby). Then it's probably Pikachu next. Then Fox.

Yes way, they're both equally bad versus Kirby. They both can't get in against the uptilt. At least with Falcon, you can try to grab or upsmash and that'll lead into the regular uair x 5 plus up-b. Fox doesn't have easy 0-to-deaths on Kirby. The best Fox can do is rack up damage and run away until 40% when aerials actually do something against Kirby.

Fox-Mario is around 55-45 Fox, while Falcon-Mario is either 50-50 or 55-45 Mario. Fox is probably better against Mario, but those matchups are really close.

Fox-Pika is 65-35 Pika and Falcon-Pika is 55-45 Pika. They're both bad against Pika, but Falcon has easy combos that gives him the advantage over Fox.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
Didn't know Hyrule was banned. Not surprised, but what was the general consensus?

Also Han, I know you main Fox but I don't think he's as bad as you're making him out to be.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
what was the general consensus?
3 TOs walk into a bar.

1: — Mario has let me down, Pika is my new main and by the way let's ban Hyrule.
2: — Hm, ok. But how about Dream Land is always the first st--
1: — That's some weak bull****, we gotta ban it completely. What do you think, 3?

At this moment the other TO is amid a daze of women, dresses, and cleavage. And from afar he waves his arms and says "It's fine, I can play Pika too!"

At this very moment serveral Fox mains sleep comfortably in their beds, thinking all is well with the world.

source

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
Trust me when I say M2K isn't the only person that would cause trouble on hyrule. Just wait until killer uploads his matches vs me from nova's tournament.
in my nova tourney match vs olis, there was some obvious intent on not approaching at times. we ds'd so didn't get it recorded, but man was it boring...

i used to love hyrule when i sucked a lot more, but now that i play better opponents i don't like it because of how free you are to run away and not approach. but, i still do love seeing and performing tent combos

Sensei

Smash Lord
3 TOs walk into a bar.

1: — Mario has let me down, Pika is my new main and by the way let's ban Hyrule.
2: — Hm, ok. But how about Dream Land is always the first st--
1: — That's some weak bull****, we gotta ban it completely. What do you think, 3?

At this moment the other TO is amid a daze of women, dresses, and cleavage. And from afar he waves his arms and says "It's fine, I can play Pika too!"

At this very moment serveral Fox mains sleep comfortably in their beds, thinking all is well with the world.

source

That is basically how it went. :laugh:

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Sup y'all? What do you think of this funky hairstyle?

This is the Mary River turtle (Elusor macrurus), and its green mohawk is made up of algae. This often covers the shell as well as the head, and helps camouflage the animal.

Pretty neat, huh? The photographs were taken by Chris Wan Wyk. You can check out more of his work at chrisvanwyk.com.

EDIT: Oh! Children, forgive me for not entertaining you with my amazing threads recently. When people look back at this era of Smashboards to admire my perfection, I don't want it to seem like I was supportive of all of the garbage spam that has been going on recently. I am currently on strike and will not be posting threads until this evil as ended. That is all.

Sensei

Smash Lord
I plan on going all falcon or fox for Smashacre and then switch for Chain Ace's tournament before I decide whether to go pika / kirby.

The foxes are not an extinct species yet.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Speaking of extinct species, last seen in 2006, the Western Back Rhino was officially declared extinct last week.

A moment of silence for our dear friend who has left us, please.

You can find out more information here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...inos-follow-unless-conservationists-warn.html

In honor of our friend, I will enter & win the next tournament I attend as "The Western Black Rhino".

RIP buddy.

Sedda

Smash Champion
Adam Lindgren I will be playing Melee teams but remain retired in Singles.

Will also enter PM/SSB and go for the world champion status in Smash 4

That's what it looks like

-this is from armada yo. new hype match KERO VS ARMADA

Mr Bushido

Smash Ace
Adam Lindgren I will be playing Melee teams but remain retired in Singles.

Will also enter PM/SSB and go for the world champion status in Smash 4

That's what it looks like

-this is from armada yo. new hype match KERO VS ARMADA
MY NEO BLUE EXPERIENCE

Top Bottom