• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman
Trust me when I say M2K isn't the only person that would cause trouble on hyrule. Just wait until killer uploads his matches vs me from nova's tournament.

That last round was...it was interesting lol

AND since we were uploading pics at one point

Removed image

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Adam Lindgren I will be playing Melee teams but remain retired in Singles.

Will also enter PM/SSB and go for the world champion status in Smash 4

That's what it looks like

-this is from armada yo. new hype match KERO VS ARMADA
Wait,
WHAT?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Wuttup with all this nonsense tier list discussion in the social thread. Just spam tier list threads guys c'mon.

Fox mains are *******, except for hipstur aka THE BADGER and sensei AKA NINJA. So basically just han solo aka THE FROZEN PUNK.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
NovaSmash:9:06 said:
And get grabbed? If I was playing against a mario that stayed at the very edge of the stage throwing fireballs, I wouldn't approach either.
Well his tag is Fireblaster
:troll:

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
I've been talking to several 64 players and lots of non-64 players. One of the recurring patterns I've noticed is that one of the reasons that people in general are pushed away or discouraged from getting into 64 or competitive 64 is because of controller issues. "My controller is worn out, my stick is broken, my stick is worn out, I don't want to wear out what good controllers I have, I'm afraid of buying 'good controllers' on the internet, I'm used to GCN and 64 controller hurts my hands", etc. I get the feeling that if people found out it was relatively simple to fix any controller issues they would be more willing to jump into 64. I know that before greasing my joysticks, my biggest fear of going to console tournaments was that I would either have to sacrifice my own gameplay or sacrifice my sticks for results. I know many people that don't play simply because they have all worn out sticks or would rather not destroy what they currently have.

I think somebody should make a thread entirely about controllers and have it get stickied. This thread would address instructions on how to clean and grease your sticks, where to buy new ones and what different kinds you can get (essentially copy pasting from sheer's thread), how to look for good controllers on ebay/amazon/etc., controller adapters (N64 to USB, Gamecube to N64, pretty much anything raphnet), etc.

It would be cool to be able to point new people to a single thread on this board that's visible at all times so they can look at their options, see that pretty much any controller issue is easy to solve, and then possibly be more willing to get into 64 due to controller problems being much less intimidating.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
clubba, get on this

we'll link a KNITEPHOX GREASING tutorial

theorize about 3d printing

interview chain ace about his raphnet gc -> n64 adapter

link steve's thread about making your own adapter for kb/alternate controllers

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
Wuttup with all this nonsense tier list discussion in the social thread. Just spam tier list threads guys c'mon.

Fox mains are *****es, except for hipstur aka THE BADGER and sensei AKA NINJA. So basically just han solo aka THE FROZEN PUNK.
You're going to miss me when I'm gone, clubba.

killer playing so patient
then tries to outfast mario's shield grab with jabs.
tell him, solo
omg I know. How can anyone watch that set and not say jab is bad on shield?

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
Falcon recovers better at lower percents when he's closer to the stage. His double jump is really good at sweet spotting the ledge, and if he has to use his up-b, he can doug-hug which helps a lot.
Tail -> fair/shine

clubbadubba

Smash Master
woah why do I have to get on this? I've never even greased a control stick before lol, I'm too nervous that I'll mess up and ruin my stick.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
woah why do I have to get on this?
because you currently have the highest number of stickied threads

i could do it but i'll be in ny for the next couple hours and frankly i hate making threads

but it's not like you'd be composing everything yourself. i'm sure everyone with input would have something to say

meh maybe i'll do it when i get back and i'm watching isai stream

Sangoku

Smash Master
Peek is too good. Reading that "technique" description always males me smile.

I think Sheer should make that thread. The King of nintendo video should be linked too, that's the one I used.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Just met up with another player today on my campus who plays 64 but doesn't exactly browse these forums. He wasn't smash DIing anything and after a lot of games he thought I didn't give a **** about my stick. He had no idea that my stick was greased and that it meant no damage was occurring to it. He knew about smash DI and everything but he did none of it because he wanted his stick to last longer. I opened up his controller and greased his stick so he said he was going to play more than before now. I'm still pretty convinced that controller issues are the biggest deterrent for new people getting into this game.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Just met up with another player today on my campus who plays 64 but doesn't exactly browse these forums. He wasn't smash DIing anything and after a lot of games he thought I didn't give a **** about my stick. He had no idea that my stick was greased and that it meant no damage was occurring to it. He knew about smash DI and everything but he did none of it because he wanted his stick to last longer. I opened up his controller and greased his stick so he said he was going to play more than before now. I'm still pretty convinced that controller issues are the biggest deterrent for new people getting into this game.
If you go to Apex can you grease mine controller. That kid sounds just like me.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.

Sangoku

Smash Master
I've used mayflash on two windows 8 machines and it works perfectly fine. Raphnet is agreed upon to be better (no lag for jumps, contrary to mayflash), but my raphnet became buggy kinda quickly (nothing to do with windows 8, probably hardware problem). And as B Link said, don't ever buy 3rd party controllers.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
Jumps are delayed on this, only problem really.

The movement on this controller is mad easy to move around.
Has detection problems when moving directly from neutral position - On windows calibration, it uses a 127 max range or w/e for this and skips 15 inputs from neutral if you try to do slow movements lol

I suggest getting raphnet adapter, it's a little pricey though.
http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/gc_n64_usb_adapters/index.php

Hori controllers only work with raphnet as well, pwned. OR OR O R OR you could get OG controller with greased stick.

Mr Bushido

Smash Ace
Tier lists are an endless cycle of homoeroticism

Despite that it's still better to come up with a new one than keep the expired one from 2+ years ago

Anyone got the willpower to make a new MU chart thread?

Top Bottom