• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Well, I'm pretty sure everyone knows about the 64 section being above the lighthouse (has been already discussed), but the entire gaming section is above the general discussion section... so at the moment, the 64 section comes right after the melee section. We don't have our own section, but... well, I think it's the next best thing. For what it's worth, I think this is good enough for the 64 section... at least for the moment.

Hey, at least the brawl > melee > 64 sections are in order, so no one will have too much difficulty finding the 64 forums.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Like I said, feeding crumbs to starving orphans.

If people had difficulty finding the Smash64 section, there's probably something wrong with them.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
The ultimate tournament for this game would be a 12 char battle for everyone in the brackets, but ot course matches would be long and it would take much more time

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
lol I'm pretty sure it's Aussies only, since... well, NA would result in insane lag.

Once I get a working computer, I'll start hosting online tourneys and such... with actual deadlines to do matches (unlike my last one... we never got to test out the third bracket :( )

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
It'd be alright if most of us lived near the death-states like QLD or NA but most of us live in the south such as Melbourne or Canberra

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I'll accept other entrants. I'm running a pools system (imagine a round robin with 16 players...or at least imagine managing it...), so I'll pool all the NA/Canadians together, so the number of laggy games is reduced.

Only krobro lives in Brisbane iirc

The Star King

Smash Hero
Instead of using deadlines and having to DQ most of the bracket (because it'll happen, you know it will), take a leaf from Near's book and force people to show up at server to join the tourney at a certain time, so you can have all the players do their matches (Koro did this). Yes, it means a bit less players at your tourney, but it's MUCH less hassle.

Just look at how your last tournament went.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Instead of using deadlines and having to DQ most of the bracket (because it'll happen, you know it will), take a leaf from Near's book and force people to show up at server to join the tourney at a certain time, so you can have all the players do their matches (Koro did this). Yes, it means a bit less players at your tourney, but it's MUCH less hassle.

Just look at how your last tournament went.
As ideal as this would be, I don't often have a huge block of time that works for many people that I can dedicate to hosting a tourney... (plus... you know... parents...)...

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I apologise...of course I know Canada is part of NA (having been born in the US myself), and I meant to write US.

I'm leaving the tourney until Lent is over because that also means I'll be on holidays from school. I'll get signups then, and any Canadians are welcome.

hamburglar

Smash Journeyman
I was playing as yoshi earlier and i was playing a link on hyrule. at one point he pulled out a bomb right when i was approaching with a djc bair. he got his shield up but after the bair I followed up with 2 djc nairs and then the bomb he was holding exploded, breaking his own shield.

I've never had that happen so i figured i'd share. I thought it was a pretty cool accident.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
can u shield break with Yoshi using this combo?

Utilt>utilt>ftilt>ftilt>dtilt>dsmash

I just did this to a comp and he never stopped shielding? usually lvl 9s will roll toward or away from u if they can, so does this work?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
can u shield break with Yoshi using this combo?

Utilt>utilt>ftilt>ftilt>dtilt>dsmash

I just did this to a comp and he never stopped shielding? usually lvl 9s will roll toward or away from u if they can, so does this work?
That shouldn't work...as far as I know, U-Tilt won't keep them in shieldstun long enough for another U-Tilt.

hamburglar

Smash Journeyman
^ wow, really? jesus christ, making a grammar mistake on the internet has become a mortal sin.

Yes, i know how contractions work. I made a human mistake.

MattNF, watch your ***, the second you make a grammar mistake i'm sending someone to penetrate everyone you love.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
^ wow, really? jesus christ, making a grammar mistake on the internet has become a mortal sin.

MattNF, watch your ***, the second you make a grammar mistake i'm sending someone to penetrate everyone you love.
Good luck, MattNascarFan goes on like once or twice a month.

hamburglar

Smash Journeyman
^ he can get on these nutz twice a month if he keeps being an anal ****er about grammar on the internet. **** son, i'm gonna start asking people on SWF to post bibliographies for their posts.

MattNF

Smash Lord

^ he can get on these nutz twice a month if he keeps being an anal ****er about grammar on the internet. **** son, i'm gonna start asking people on SWF to post bibliographies for their posts.

Top Bottom