• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

prisonchild

Smash Ace
Dair is standard finisher if you're spiking over the edge. In non-spike situations upB is usually better IMO. upB will typically give you an edgeguard opportunity against most characters.
yeah sorry i should have clarified... i meant dair when it's not over the edge. it seems isai will get in two or three uairs and then bring them back down to earth. it usually leads to a techchase and at the very least another grab

The Star King

Smash Hero
He was a Falcon main before so it's not like he's becoming more of a sellout

Apparently he mained DK way back (?) so switching from THAT to Falcon was the problem

Actually didn't you switch from Fox to Falcon yourself? You should feel bad.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Falcon is cool IMO. Even if all you do is stand there and then dashdance grab all approaches.

Also I play both Falcon and Fox just like I always have. Probably still slightly better with Fox (on console) if that counts as my "main". My "fun" main is probably Ness now. Maybe I should feel bad for dropping Yoshi for Ness.

weedwack

Smash Journeyman
Your smash character is like, a part of who you are and stuff. Changing characters is like having an identity crisis.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
ok i didn't really drop Yoshi. But ness moved above him on the "fun" list.

Now looks something like this:

S
Ness

A
Yoshi
DK

B
Falcon
Fox

C
Luigi
Kirby
Pika

D
Jiggs
Link
Mario

F
Samus

The Star King

Smash Hero
See you gotta learn to enjoy everyone

My list is probably like

SS Tier
Yoshi

S Tier
Everyone else

A Tier
Luigi

RickySSB

Smash Ace
Is Smash Bros a true fighting game?
I was talking with a friend, and he said ''Is a Party game'' and ''Is not a seriously game''.
And why fans of SF, KOF, etc always said that?

I was just about to punch my friend.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
cuz he's an idiot who thinks anything without traditional high/low blocking isn't a fighter

there are traditional fighters and there are fighting games like smash bros, playstation allstars, cartoon network punchtime and battle arena don etc

RickySSB

Smash Ace
I showed him this image.

I still thinking that ''Smash Bros is not a fighting game'', it's just an opinion.
He called it ''Party Game'' because we can use items, scenarios can damage our characters, etc.
If Mario Kart is a ''Kart Game'', isn't a ''Racing Game''? That is just stupid.

Spyro

Smash Ace
I remember see a video posted by a fighting game channel on YouTube about if Smash was a fighting game or not. I'll post the link later when I'm at home and I can get on YouTube if anyone wants me to / if there's not anyone that posts it before me.

prisonchild

Smash Ace
my fun tier

luigi

falcon
link

yoshi
dk
pika
mario
puff
fox

ness
samus*
kirby**

* so low only because i'm not that comfortable using her, has potential to be more fun when i start to use her more

** i almost refuse to use, no fun at all

Battlecow

Play to Win
Switching to pika was a copout move, and I became a slightly different person after I did it. I don't regret it though. Being better at smash is never a bad thing.

SK was actually my inspiration to do it, him and the other falcon haters. I figured, if I'm gonna be hated I might as well play the best character and get marginally more props. Also shoutouts to Gio because I started training the pika seriously when I realized that falcon-kirby was hard enough for me that I might actually lose to him/other randoms, which would have been hilarious.

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
I figured, if I'm gonna be hated I might as well play the best character and get marginally more props.
I don't think you get more props playing as the "better" character. I think you get more props playing "impressive" as the **** character. Being **** with low tiers always get you more respect and props

Battlecow

Play to Win
sure yeah but if pika's more "manly" and better than falcon, it's a no-brainer

of course this is me, and I play really... let's be nice and say efficiently, with both characters.

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
Mmmm... however it is, you just gained my cool points just by making my Yoshi's life easier. :troll:

The Star King

Smash Hero
lol. I hope you aren't serious about me being "inspiration" for you to switch out. If you guys haven't noticed the pattern, I mostly hate on Falcon immediately following the Kirby hate that's always around. I kind of started doing it to counter the Kirby hate. Because I thought it was silly that Kirby's always hated on for being easy mode, yet Falcon gets all sorts of love and he is just as face-roll easy, if not more. Also I have hipster tendencies and Falcon is one of the two characters everyone plays, so that's a factor too.

I don't really actually hate any character. I play everyone for a reason. I greatly enjoy Falcon myself - he might be my 3rd favorite character to play, or top 5 at least. I don't think people should be discouraged from playing who they want to (like the stigma on Kirby that exists, resulting in friggin' nobody playing him at all).

I sincerely apologize if I came off the wrong way. I never really intended my Falcon hate to be serious.

And anyways Pikachu isn't necessarily a better choice even if he's a better character. Falcon may better suit you personally. But I'm sure you already know that, so I guess it's your call.

B Link

Smash Lord
I get bored using one char for too long, it's like wearing the same set of clothes every day (not fun)

Even MATTS switches to jiggz sometimes, sheer occasionally uses fox and it seems like the legendary gerson might like using mario a bit

The Star King

Smash Hero
Not really touche because your point still stands. I just thought it was funny.

I'm pretty sure because I have played Sheer a ton, more than anyone else on kaillera probably (though not recently). Plus I hear people say stuff like "Sheer never uses Yoshi against me wah" all the time.

Battlecow

Play to Win
lol. I hope you aren't serious about me being "inspiration" for you to switch out. If you guys haven't noticed the pattern, I mostly hate on Falcon immediately following the Kirby hate that's always around. I kind of started doing it to counter the Kirby hate. Because I thought it was silly that Kirby's always hated on for being easy mode, yet Falcon gets all sorts of love and he is just as face-roll easy, if not more. Also I have hipster tendencies and Falcon is one of the two characters everyone plays, so that's a factor too.

I don't really actually hate any character. I play everyone for a reason. I greatly enjoy Falcon myself - he might be my 3rd favorite character to play, or top 5 at least. I don't think people should be discouraged from playing who they want to (like the stigma on Kirby that exists, resulting in friggin' nobody playing him at all).

I sincerely apologize if I came off the wrong way. I never really intended my Falcon hate to be serious.

And anyways Pikachu isn't necessarily a better choice even if he's a better character. Falcon may better suit you personally. But I'm sure you already know that, so I guess it's your call.
yeah it wasn't like "Star king hates me I better switch characters" but it was a factor

my pika's better than my falcon ever was against everyone except pika, so yeah, he suits me and stuff.

Top Bottom