• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Battlecow

Play to Win
As you all know I'm the greatest Youtube commenter of all time

However, you may be amused to note the first YT comment I ever made, in the good ol' days of 2009...

"Jel is my hero: living proof that real men main DK. to my mind, his play in this match was more impressive than Isai's."

I've come a long way

B Link

Smash Lord
GUIDE: HOW TO BEAT LD
- don't use fox (unless you're really good)
- choose hyrule
- choose falcon/pika

If falcon:
- stand and grab when you're at 0%
- just try and win after that

If pika:
- just try and win

I haven't tried every single character against him but the above two have worked best for me so far.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I like LD except he lags a lot

he's really good at edgeguarding, a lot of "good" foxes could learn from that aspect of his game. Ruthless, efficient punishes.

That said, edgeguarding is the only thing he's good at, so pick pika->you win

Watching him five-stock Zeus was the most fun I've had in years.

M!nt

Smash Champion
"GUIDE: HOW TO BEAT LD" LOL

Also LD doesn't lag, not even a little, sure you weren't confusing him for someone else?

The Star King

Smash Hero
I want to play LD after all this talk about him. But I have a feeling he's gonna be overblown and not that good. Because in my experience, whenever somebody has a weird style, he usually wins only because it's anti-metagame vs kaillera (don't know how else to put it), and a lot of people are bad at adapting. And those people are usually easy to beat once you "figure them out". Maybe I'll be wrong though.

Battlecow

Play to Win
LD was lagging today, and yeah it was him.

SK no one has said that LD was good. We were saying the exact opposite. So by all means find him and destroy him and then congratulate yourself for being adaptable or whatever, but me and B link literally just posted about how we figured him out and easily beat him, so you'll be a bit behind the curve.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I don't remember that. But regardless, it's pretty funny how there are two posts talking about how easy it is to adapt to and beat LD directly before you jump in with your stuff about how bad kaillera is at adapting.

M!nt

Smash Champion
He's good, but yes far overblown

Standing laser, predictable shine gimps, and throw to edgeguard pretty much defines LD, granted he is very good at all of those. I've said this so much, but if he JUST didnt roll so much and learned to laser properly he would be a beast.

Also I wouldnt call pick falcon/pika and choose hyrule as figuring him out.

Stormcrow2

Smash Apprentice
GUIDE: HOW TO BEAT LD
- don't use fox (unless you're really good)
- choose hyrule
- choose falcon/pika

If falcon:
- stand and grab when you're at 0%
- just try and win after that

If pika:
- just try and win

I haven't tried every single character against him but the above two have worked best for me so far.
Lol I must say, trying to beat him as Ness on dremland is quite difficult. I played him like 10 or 15 games in a row with me as Ness against his Fox. In the end, it was quite frustrating to not get any wins as Ness, but I got him down to 1 stock almost every game after adapting and because my di is sexi sometimes ;)

Lesson learned: shine gimps are 100% fatal to Ness and may lead to anxiety or high blood pressure. But Ness also has no recovery. Soooooooooo..
I played him as Mario after that, beat him first try, and mario is like my 5th best character. As stated, he's really only good at gimps/guarding. But it's fun to play as a tier ***** character and try not to get gimped.
He did not lag when I played him.

B Link

Smash Lord
Lol I must say, trying to beat him as Ness on dremland is quite difficult. I played him like 10 or 15 games in a row with me as Ness against his Fox. In the end, it was quite frustrating to not get any wins as Ness, but I got him down to 1 stock almost every game after adapting and because my di is sexi sometimes ;)

Lesson learned: shine gimps are 100% fatal to Ness and may lead to anxiety or high blood pressure. But Ness also has no recovery. Soooooooooo..
I played him as Mario after that, beat him first try, and mario is like my 5th best character. As stated, he's really only good at gimps/guarding. But it's fun to play as a tier ***** character and try not to get gimped.
He did not lag when I played him.
Mario is great -- I've seen it counter jigglypuff and now (maybe) fox. Who knows who he'll counter next?

Vid if you haven't seen LD's playstyle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeu5FW7Z9EY

serge

Banned via Warnings
LOL, people making guides for how to beat a player like LD just shows how far down the drain this game has gone.

The Star King

Smash Hero
@Battlecow I misread your post as "a lot of good foxes can learn from his game" my b

@Mint "standing laser" as in lasering in the same place and not moving or a grounded laser?

@B Link who's "N64moments"?

B Link

Smash Lord
LOL, people making guides for how to beat a player like LD just shows how far down the drain this game has gone.
My guide does not imply anything in regard to the entire game of ssb. What are you talking about?

The Star Queen said:
@B Link who's "N64moments"?
It's LD I think.

Before people get strange ideas about the video above, Sheer has beaten LD multiple times in Fox dittos.

It seems like a couple of xbox players are anti-metagame, Star King (kabal, LD...???). Those are the only two I know though LOL

serge

Banned via Warnings
The fact that you made a guide with tips on how to beat such a weak player shows that the overall skill level of players online isn't that good anymore.

Battlecow

Play to Win
It was like a 20-second post, dude

And yeah he's a weak player but as the vid of him v. sheer showed, even weak players can beat good players if you don't ADAPT to them. hence it was worth the 20 seconds to let people know how to ADAPT to him

Also who are you

B Link

Smash Lord
The fact that you made a guide with tips on how to beat such a weak player
How is LD Weak? Do you 5 stock him in fox dittos every match? I'll be the first to watch.

serge said:
shows that the overall skill level of players online isn't that good anymore.
Where's this coming from? What does me writing a guide have to do with the overall skill level of every player online? My guide does not have magic powers. It does not change people's skill levels and people's skill levels online have not fluctuated very much (same S-Tier players, same A-Tier players for the most part, lots of B-Tier players, lots of C-Tier players...)

serge

Banned via Warnings
...you don't have to 5 stock someone every game to know that they are not a good player. Anyways, I'm not gonna say any more about this.

B Link

Smash Lord
...you don't have to 5 stock someone every game to know that they are not a good player. Anyways, I'm not gonna say any more about this.
I agree, but the implied point still holds: If you can't **** the dude at fox dittos (I'm ignoring other match-ups because some people, like Gerson, get really good at one matchup) then you can't call him a -weak- player. That's a pretty strong word.

serge said:
Anyways, I'm not gonna say any more about this.
Internet slang for: "I've given up trying to defend my point."

:woman:

The Star King said:
Yes the EGX 5 frame skill level was amazing
I think Sheer was on 4 and LD was on 2.

M!nt

Smash Champion
^ i kno rite

ive never seen LD lag at all :troll:

Ground Laser SK

It's funny people get so worked up over LD considering his main game is Mario Kart I think LOL

The Star King

Smash Hero
Speaking of which I went into Galaxy today and there twice as many Mario Kart 64 games open as there were Smash

wut the eff

ballin4life

Smash Hero
As you all know I'm the greatest Youtube commenter of all time
This is probably the most backhanded "compliment" of all time ...

Standing laser
A fox that does standing laser? Looks like I have a new hero.

throw>edgeguard is an amazing strategy, if that defines a player i'd expect them to be pretty decent
That strat probably defines every single Ness main who comes in here and says "ness is good if u know how to use him"

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
I never said LD was "godly" I said his style was annoying. It's simple but hes so efficient at what he does that it changes the way you play and DOES beat people.

I also got them together, had the privilege to spectate a session of matches between LD, Zeus, and Battlecow. Probably the funniest matches I've ever seen. I call those three the "Wait and Bait Grab Champs"

Top Bottom