• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Battlecow

Play to Win
Both

I thought that would be apparent to a god-emperor like yourself

Although Gio's not really a noob. Long exposure to melee community->competitive mindset, he's studied videos, played with people who've played with people who've played online, etc. Used to post on the boards under earthadept. According to Funk he's pretty good

Nothing I can't handle though.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Just played in and won a smash tourney held by the UVA gaming club today. $70 first place prize! When I got there, it was all laggy tv's :( . But then the guy said they were getting CRT tv's :) and they had a giant lag-free projector! Well done UVA gaming.

Tourney summary:

Was initially 3 stock, no items, single game, "don't pick a dumb stage." 2 three stocks to get into winners semi's, showed off some standard falcon combos and everyone was like ooooooooo ****. Winners semi's I played a pika that knew what he was doing (he could zcancel and some decent uair combos). I went fox on hyrule, was winning 3 to 1, then tried to get fancy and almost blew the game lol. WF got switched to 5 stock best of 3 because everyone left wanted to. Winners finals I played a decent falcon that could combo, so of course I went falcon dittos to give the crowd a show. Was a bit to close for my liking so I broke out the jiggly.... 5 stock and everyone's like wtf puff sucks how he do that? Grand finals played the pika that almost beat my fox. Went luigi cuz **** it he had to beat me twice. 5 stocked him first game. He went kirby, I went puff, 4 stocked him, tough very close to a 5 stock. Players weren't bad, a good number of them were zcanceling and stuff. Don't think anyone was quite as good as those 2 VT players, but the median player at this one was probably better.

asianaussie

Smash Hero

clubbadubba

Smash Master
giooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

yo bcow gio's cool why you guys fight so much? (drunk = me)

clubbadubba

Smash Master
ppl who've never played good ppl suck. and most offline ppl havent played good ppl. dats why. though if offline ppl play with good ppl theyre good. coool

ya falcon > kirby maybe but samus >>>>>>>> kirby for sure

also everyone already knows i'm going to destroy battlecow except for battlecow himself, which makes this even more hilarious

anyways i kinda wanna start playing online. once i get it set up who wants to playyyyyyyyyy

Morin0

Smash Lord
So I'm at this tournament in Arizona and I'm in the grand finals with M2K in 64. They're gonna stream all the grand finals for Melee, Brawl, and of course, Smash 64. Maybe it would be something you guys would like to WATCH. I'll post a link to the stream when it's time.

:phone:

TANK64

Smash Lord
@Morino, HYYYYYPE!

and i'm sorry i troll so much haha idk the brawl scene annoys me so i just troll all the time on the boards
Don't take Brawl hate out on 64 D:

(drunk = me)
oh YOU :smirk:

ppl who've never played good ppl suck. and most offline ppl havent played good ppl. dats why. though if offline ppl play with good ppl theyre good. coool
QFT

It only took him 5 frames to own you :awesome:

No, I kid.
ROFL!!!

+1 Krynxe

EDIT: oh, and happy Easter peeps!

clubbadubba

Smash Master
What was the prize money?

Also just noticed that the index still says Star King is a Dirk in the title lol

clubbadubba

Smash Master
hey i noticed when it got put up! then i forgot and noticed again last night

Someone from the tourney this weekend came up to me at the gym to ask about smash. told him about apex and told him to check out me vs isai on youtube lol

The Star King

Smash Hero
aa put it there because I suggested putting "Check Raw Data" in the title for the Index and he thought the exact same thing before reading my post. Somehow this makes me a dirk

Considering nobody even knows what dirk means I'm not too offended

Is it like a combination of dork and d***?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Dirk:

A person who looks realy great. A sort of prototype.

Straight outta urban dictionary

Top Bottom