• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

The Star King

Smash Hero
SK you're the only one who could do this. battlecow knows what the rest of us look like. and it might be tough for you since he's on the lookout for a russian/korean kid with a self satisfied smirk and a penchant for keyboard
Exact quote was "high alert" and "Russo-Korean". Get. At. My. Memory. Although actually not that impressive, since it was my sig for a while.

Also thanks for the tip Battlecow I'll be sure to use a original 64 controller. Pretty sure I could pull that off.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Exact quote was "high alert" and "Russo-Korean". Get. At. My. Memory. Although actually not that impressive, since it was my sig for a while.

Also thanks for the tip Battlecow I'll be sure to use a original 64 controller. Pretty sure I could pull that off.
well TBH I did go look up the original post (searched battlecow's posts for the word "penchant" - the only part of the wording I actually remembered lol). I was pleasantly surprised to find out that I originally suggested pretending to be a noob and counter hustling battlecow though (that post was him responding to me).

in other news I FINALLY finished Mass Effect 3 yesterday after 40 hours of gameplay (not including that I played 10 hours then restarted when I realized I imported the wrong character from Mass Effect 2). pretty sweet game.

I hadn't mentioned it up to this point for fear of SPOILERS, especially since there was a huge controversy over the ending of the game (enough that it was covered on the front page of yahoo, and some guy even tried to sue bioware lol).

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Hello 64 players, I'm going to try using kaillera netplay for the first time. If somebody wants to IM me to play, you can message me on skype or aim. (both "Krynxe")

Going to start reading the netplay guides, set up this client and make sure I have all of the emulator settings correct and whatnot.

Also, I'm terrible at this game and never played against a real 64 player, so bear with me. I mean, I'm not a complete noob, I've watched a lot of competitive sb64 and I already know Ness is the best character, so don't be hesitant to tell me everything I'm doing wrong because I'm very much willing to work at learning this game and improve. :)

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Lol thank you. I'm a melee player, so I don't know if you guys will be seeing me play this game competitively, but I'll definitely try to get good enough be able to play friendlies online that aren't completely one-sided. :p

I'm always active on the boards, so I'll be around. I usually just lurk the 64 boards because I feel like I'm not knowledgeable enough to contribute anything or have an opinion, hehe. I'll guess I'll try to post more. ^^

Edit: I play Falcon btw.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Really hoping that HebrewHammer is Hammerheart. He's still great if so.

Definitely one of my more enjoyable games I've played on Galaxy, it's hard to find good players nowadays.

M!nt

Smash Champion
Hello krynxe hope to play with you sometime. i'm on a lot so just ask me and we can play ^__^

Also Soup, are you on galaxy as Soup or are you Supa idk just wondering lol

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
My ping on Galaxy for the last few days has been raised to around 82-117ms for peak hours in server, what gives?

And no, this isn't a problem on my end. I ping perfectly fine to anything else.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Thanks guys. And gg's Mint, you're really good. Your DK kind of stomped me hard before the desync, I guess I have some MUs to work on lol. :)

I'm on net play right now but I'm using an unfamiliar controller (some logitech gamepad) so my character control is a bit off. This might belong in the question thread, but is there an adapter you guys would recommend? I searched the boards and found Boom mentioning this, any other suggestion before I pick this one up?

@Star King
I'm glad. I play puff in melee for a reason :smirk:

M!nt

Smash Champion
ggs and thanks, I'm surprised you know so much just from watching vids.

yeah that adapter should work fine. If you're not using a hori this one would be cheaper. Although this one might work for hori too I don't really know lol

TANK64

Smash Lord
It doesn't.

On a related note, I am a god.

Edit: Yo mint wanna P2P? You gonna be on tonight?

Edit: Sup Krynxe. Welcome.

M!nt

Smash Champion
Can't I have to write a paper that I've already procrastinated too much on.

TANK64

Smash Lord
Me too lol. I've just haven't taken a break from school work in like weeks lol, but I guess I'll go write something >__>.

But thanks to you. Now we'll both be more responsible.

#HBC | ѕoup

I got a game of Mario Party 3 up in Galaxy and I need pr0 players to join me no scrubs

#HBC | ѕoup