• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Battlecow

Play to Win
Battlecow, if you haven't seen a hot korean then you must not have googled 'hot korean' before (I'd link that but feels like a possible infraction, so you can do it yourself lol). Every race has very beautiful people, and very ugly people. Not saying some don't have higher frequency of attractive people than others of course.
Just did. Not one single full blooded korean is a 7+.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Dude me too. Game is amazing. NO SPOILERS ANYONE.

Battlecow, if you haven't seen a hot korean then you must not have googled 'hot korean' before (I'd link that but feels like a possible infraction, so you can do it yourself lol). Every race has very beautiful people, and very ugly people. Not saying some don't have higher frequency of attractive people than others of course.

Yeah I'm really enjoying it. It might however not be as long as some of its big brothers, but the story and gameplay make up for this. Oh and at the end of the game... JK

I also love how Zelda's lullaby sounds good played backward.

This game is too awesome, getting back on it right away.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i would post a wall of incredibly derogatory anti-caucasian comments but i don't feel like being banned this early in the morning

i had a nice writeup about exactly what i wasn't going to write, then i realised i did it indirectly, spent 2 minutes weighing up whether to post it or not, guess im a coward

M!nt

Smash Champion
lol you should have posted it, would be interested in seeing what you come up with.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Wide faces? Lolwut? Not only have I never noticed a significant difference, but I've never even heard that before, and I've heard like every stereotype imaginable. I don't really care about your taste, but I'm pretty sure the wider faces thing is just objectively false. I'll use this as an example:

^Many of the Korean girls I know have a similar facial structure. If this is too wide for you, you must be a necrophiliac or something. And I live in a region absolutely infested with Koreans, so it's not like I have a small data sample to work with.

As usual, generalizations are spawned by ignorance. Good fight and good night.

Battlecow

Play to Win
it involved the words 'velvet snowflakes' and 'cream-faced supremists'
Dat Engrish

Wide faces? Lolwut? Not only have I never noticed a significant difference, but I've never even heard that before, and I've heard like every stereotype imaginable. I don't really care about your taste, but I'm pretty sure the wider faces thing is just objectively false. I'll use this as an example:

^Many of the Korean girls I know have a similar facial structure. If this is too wide for you, you must be a necrophiliac or something. And I live in a region absolutely infested with Koreans, so it's not like I have a small data sample to work with.

As usual, generalizations are spawned by ignorance. Good fight and good night.
I get the impression of wideness from that face. Look at the broad nose, the far-apart eyes, the forehead that seems to go on forever. Maybe "wide" isn't the right word, but there's something off there. I'm sure she's a lovely girl with a great personality, maybe she's an astrophysicist/WNBA player who could also beat me in smash, but she is not, in my opinion, attractive.

Also, ignorance? I live next to the U of I, bro, I see prolly 10 different korean chicks every day. I share a church with about 500 koreans. In my class of 60, there are 9 koreans. I'm not ignorant of how they look.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Just lol at that face being wide. I challenge you to find a single person who agrees with you. Hell, YOUR face is wider.

Gotta love people who attempt to continue arguing even when they know they're wrong.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Dude, I am so ****ing right and you know it.

HER EYES ARE LIKE 10 FEET APART, HOW IS THAT NOT WIDE ASDLKJKGSD

Will find reasonable male ASAP, someone come into this thread and agree with me pl0x

Also google "koreans big faces" or something and you'll see that it's an incredibly prevalent stereotype. Apparently it's the fact that their faces are so flat that makes it look that way.

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2010/03/26/2010032600460.html

"The faces of Koreans tend to spread out sideways, while those of Caucasians protrude. "Even if the actual face is small, prominent cheek bones or jaws can make a face appear bigger," said Park Sang-hoon, a plastic surgeon at ID Hospital."

Apparently face-smallening is a big plastic surgery thing in Korea.

The Star King

Smash Hero
OK that's weird, have never heard of that. But the very article you linked debunks that stereotype rofl

I think the only really notable difference in my picture is that maaaaybe the nose sticks out a little less. The eyes are definitely not very far apart.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
What do you even learn in philosophy, sounds like a wack subject
How to flip burgers
lol yea philosophy is pretty wack imo. Philosophy majors claim to use logic and reasoning, but they are generally (don't want to offend anyone) the same people that can't handle basic math and CS. You don't gain any knowledge or skills that are useful to society that I can think of.
i recently visited a college and noticed they had philosophy as a major. (no offence philosphers) i saw this and couldent help but think about how much of a waste of time and money that major would be.
how do you get a job with a degree in philosophy?
are you going to enlighten people to the point where they would want to give you their money?

maybbbbbbbbeee a public speaker. maybe. risky risky.
the only way to get a job in theology is to teach theology. the only way to get a job in philosophy is to teach philosophy.
its really just one big insignificant cycle of useless careers and knowledge that people stopped carring about two thousand years ago. this isnt the age of jesus christ and socrates people. no one gives a **** if you think you know the meaning of life, or if you have some special insight concerning religion.
maybe im being to extreme. doubt it though.
So I'm gonna play the devil's advocate here and at least try and defend some subjects we seem to be attacking despite severely limited knowledge on said subjects.

I'm not a philosophy major and haven't taken any courses in the subject, like most of you, but from what I understand people take philosophy primarily because they find it INTERESTING. Those taking it share a common interest in thinking on a deep level about life's mysteries and so forth, and though we could say it's a dead field, there are many reasons why simply using your brain in a way that is both CHALLENGING and ENJOYABLE are beneficial. Probably beneficial far beyond simply using a degree in a particular subject to seek financial gain in a relevant field/career.

Some benefits may include:
a) happiness and overall peace of mind
b) becoming generally smarter, or better at using your brain, problem solving, and critically thinking if anything.
c) landing a better(defined differently for each individual) position in life due to the aforementioned benefits and general well adjustment that may come of studying that which you may enjoy.

So don't hate on it, call it dead, or knock it until you see how deep, enjoyable, and possibly beneficial it may be. It may be old but can still probably be considered relevant and evolving. <-- This paragraph is supposed to resemble an argument for Smash64 to some brawl n00bz, therefore negating and counter argument, unless of course you don't like smash64 :p
CHECKMATE *****ES.

Anyway.. As for Women Studies- While some of us may feel pretty versed in their anatomy, There isn't a semester of classes anywhere in the universe that can make a man fully understand these creatures mentally and emotionally.
Er, that sounds like basically just logic. I wouldn't really call that "philosophy" but OK
omg halo is so rotten
lots of people don't know what they're talking about

between this ****, the mind-body debate and battlecow's racism it's like you all specifically designed the last few pages to troll me

Battlecow

Play to Win
OK that's weird, have never heard of that. But the very article you linked debunks that stereotype rofl

I think the only really notable difference in my picture is that maaaaybe the nose sticks out a little less. The eyes are definitely not very far apart.
They look far apart

And stop being disingenuous, the article clearly states that korean faces, though not technically bigger in terms of surface area, look bigger/wider because of flatness. As I said in my last post.

battlecow's racism
ITT: obvious facts < societal prejudices

Last thing I would have expected from a libertarian

the notion of agreeing with battlecow is absurd

but this time hes nailed it
Reasonable male found, get pwned SK

The Star King

Smash Hero
First of all, Pete is not reasonable. He acts more normal than the other Australians, which means in reality he's a frootloop.

Secondly, maybe they do appear wider, but the difference can't be THAT huge if it's an "optical illusion". I understand how that could be off-putting, but to the point of putting Koreans under bald white women? No.

And everyone knows you put Chinese girls up there to appear less racist :troll:

The Star King

Smash Hero
If you're saying that because I don't find them attractive, by extension that must mean you lied and actually hate Koreans.

Good day.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
assuming 10/10 for each women would make it ridiculously hard for me to rank them, let alone into tiers.

unless they're black.

no some racist.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yeah **** I might be wrong about redheads

Honestly I might have to say that it depends on the girl between black hair-blonde-redhead

IDKKKKKKKKK

Top Bottom