• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Smash Rookie (0-24 posts)
Smash Cadet (25-74 posts)
Smash Apprentice (75-199 posts)
Smash Journeyman (200-499 posts)
Smash Ace (500-999 posts)
Smash Lord (1000-1999 posts)
Smash Champion (2000-2999 posts)
Smash Master (3000-4999 posts)
Smash Hero (5000-9999 posts)
Smash Legend (10000-19999 posts)
Smash Obsessed (20000+ posts)

Sangoku

Smash Master
LOL how is one supposed to be smash obsessed??

Anyway thanks for that list!

At the very beginning, before I joined smashboards I thought it was some true ranking as I saw malva and boom were smash champion or something lol.

I still have a few posts to go before I become an ace ^^.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I've never seen anyone with 20.000 posts on those forums, but you can have very few posts and still be literally smash obsessed :awesome:

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Huh...I actually did that and some how missed either way...fail lol

EDIT: i missed it because for some reason i looked at his message for smash obsessed and went right over it xD.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I don't post as often as I used to (I don't take part in the player tier list threads), but I check smashboards (mainly the 64 boards) probably about 5+ times a day. I just don't always have anything to add post-wise, so you just don't see it.

Too bad Xiivi didn't still have his post count in the millions... :p

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
"checking smashboards"

how many times do i do this in the run of a day....omg lol

Every time i see "you have a new email from smashboards" come up as an email alert i check smashboards o.o;;

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I instead have my 6-7 ish smashboards tabs open, along with tabs of other things I check, and just refresh them all at once, and see if anything's new. Quick and easy way.

Then I go back to whatever I was doing lol

The Star King

Smash Hero
I just check like once or twice a day and read every new post in the Smash 64 section lol. No e-mails or subscriptions or anything.

Sometimes I glance at other forums and see if any topics catch my eye.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I just try to stay ahead of every post that comes through...thus i sub every topic i see and check them as soon as someone posts, and i get the email notification.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I just use User CP and check that probably about once every couple of minutes that I'm at the computer.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
smash 64 is one of 4 homepages for me
then user CP
then other 64 forums
then australia
then if im bored i go to media/pokemon/debate hall in that order

haha gg south korea
which country is it that wants to live in antarctica o.o

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I'd wager the number of people who've experienced enough about the two continents to make a valid decision is in the double digits, if that.

Fairly sure Antarctica is mainly research stations and a couple offshore structures.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
They messed up the marriage night scene but other than that it was solid.

Also random changes to the prologue were kinda wtf.

loled at the ending of the episode ... I like all the actors so far.
Ok agreed, it didn't really convey what it did in the books, but hard to capture on film tbh.

Yea, but I think they worked well, so forgiven.

The actors are spot on, the Stark children especially.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I've never seen anyone with 20.000 posts on those forums, but you can have very few posts and still be literally smash obsessed :awesome:
Teran. He was a guy who joined Smashboards back in 2008, almost at the same time as me. Except he wrote 10 times as many posts as I did...

... and more.

And now he's a supermod/admin on smashboards. xD

The Star King

Smash Hero
I may have joined in Nov 2007, but I only really started posting a lot in 2009 (when I started playing 64).

So I'm guess I'm pretty bad. Don't post nearly as much as some other people, though.

@aa The country that wants to live in Antarctica is Mauritania, apparently, and I'm wondering why.

Dsc

Smash Ace
So i was lookin around youtube, typed in "universe stars comparison". Came across a 500,000viewed video and realized it was by nixxxon after i watched it..and that vid made me crap

:phone:

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
You're just jealous because you never nor will have as many subscribers as Nixxxon.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Game of Thrones Ep1 was OK but not great; it's not gonna live up to the books. The marriage night thing was whack (not that they could have done it like in the book even on HBO) and they totally ruined the prologue.

That prologue is what convinced me to read the series in the first place; it's great because it starts off in this really clichéd way, with these stock characters, and then when (predictably) the monsters pop up, Ser Waymar, instead of doing the nobleman and cowering, stands up, becomes a man, and fights- so totally unexpected. It reminds me SO much of Macbeth, when the prophecies all turn against him and he finds redemption with "lay on, Macduff! And damned be he who first cries 'hold, enough!'" They butchered it in the TV version, and honestly, although the casting is great, I'm not seeing any way in which the writing could work out to be anything approaching the books if the bozos in charge don't even get the subtleties that are present in the very first few pages.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Meh, I think the prologue was messed up for different reason:

How the **** did Will get away when the Other was like 10 feet away from him? In the book he gets killed and it's the other guy that gets away (and we don't see exactly how he gets away).

Also, it's a problem for both book and show: how did the survivor get past the Wall?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Game of Thrones Ep1 was OK but not great; it's not gonna live up to the books. The marriage night thing was whack (not that they could have done it like in the book even on HBO) and they totally ruined the prologue.

That prologue is what convinced me to read the series in the first place; it's great because it starts off in this really clichéd way, with these stock characters, and then when (predictably) the monsters pop up, Ser Waymar, instead of doing the nobleman and cowering, stands up, becomes a man, and fights- so totally unexpected. It reminds me SO much of Macbeth, when the prophecies all turn against him and he finds redemption with "lay on, Macduff! And damned be he who first cries 'hold, enough!'" They butchered it in the TV version, and honestly, although the casting is great, I'm not seeing any way in which the writing could work out to be anything approaching the books if the bozos in charge don't even get the subtleties that are present in the very first few pages.
It never can unfortunately, George RR Martin partially wrote it in a way he knew would be near impossible to translate on-screen.

Speaking of which, he had a very heavy hand in working on the show, he's actually a former screenwriter (part of why he wrote it that way, he was frustrated by the limits it placed).

Overall, I think there were a reasonable number of changes that weren't really better or worse, just different (different medium remember, different stuff works), but the limitations of the technology and time are still evident in others (the conspicuous lack of purple eyes, unfortunately none of the contacts could replicate the effect Martin wanted so they had to use natural eye color).

So far strikes me as amazing, not perfect, and the best translation we could get.

Meh, I think the prologue was messed up for different reason:

How the **** did Will get away when the Other was like 10 feet away from him? In the book he gets killed and it's the other guy that gets away (and we don't see exactly how he gets away).
Oh that, stylistic change cause it seemed to fit better with his character, as opposed to Gerad who my impressions in the book was drastically different then the character on-screen. He seemed far too much of a stoic to desert, whereas in the book he came off more as a world-weary pragmatist.

As far as surviving in the first place, I'm just assuming he was lucky and managed to get away.

Also, it's a problem for both book and show: how did the survivor get past the Wall?
I'm gonna assume that he ran off in the transit between the gate and castle black.

Sangoku

Smash Master
I've just had my best game against a jiggly CPU:

She comboed me and taunt cancelled. Then I came back and double shined her thanks to her bad DI lol.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I was playing a ness CPU the other day, and I swear to god I felt like that one ******* who came on here a year ago or w/e and said that the computers learn from your moves. The little prick took four stocks off of me; I swear with Jesus Christ as my witness that he combo'd Fair-Usmash-Fsmash.

Olikus

Smash Champion
and said that the computers learn from your moves.
This has to be true. Nowadays I mostly play online, but I played console vs CPU some days ago, and falcon did a usmash upair, upair, upb combo. Thats a pretty huge leap from spamming falcon punch. Fox allso did some nice combos. And link started to edgeguard me, something I allmost never noticed before. Its possible cpu can copy things you do.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Or perhaps you are just triggering things that have crazy variables and almost never come into play?

Obviously the more often you play the CPUs the higher chance you'll see them do something thats silly / good. They Definitely dont seem to get consistently better though...at least from what i noticed.

The Star King

Smash Hero
What Surri said. Lol @ computers learning.

And I've seen Falcons do Up-Smash uair uair a bunch of times, not too much of stretch that he happened to follow up with an Up-B there.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I got shined out of shield once by a CPU fox. it was weird.

Sangoku

Smash Master
I think they don't learn, but depending on the way you play they play differently and thus seem stronger.

As they are CPU and not human, some tactics that work well on human won't on CPU and vice versa.

That's why when we were noob, we found easy to beat them, while now it might be more difficult.

For example if you bait the ennemy spacing aerials and suddenly run to get a grab, it might work on humans, but CPU don't need reaction time for that, there will be no surprise effect and they will just pull off a move (falcon will probably dsmash, ness will usmash or dsmash and so on). Another simple example is fox uair. When I didn't play well (as if I did now >_>) I would never approach with an aerial, thus never get caught by fox CPU's precise uair. But now that I would sometimes approach by above I get caught in his uair juggle more easily. That's why I might think "oh this CPU learned how to combo".

Don't know if that makes much sense.

Top Bottom