• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Why am I not getting updates for this topic? It should show up in my subscriptions.

You can get a Gamecube adapter or play with another controller online
But, everything cept 64 controller has latency.

Give a statement of what specifically you mean by causality, and then tell me what's wrong with violating it. If by causality you mean "every event has a sufficient cause" then obviously free will violates causality by definition (in fact, causality would just be another way of stating determinism). Anyway, causality is just something we've observed for inanimate objects.
Neurology? Psychiatry?

Granted, they're not 100%, but it certainly produces statistically relevant results and as time goes on, their predictive power seems to be increasing.

I'm not talking about meat ... although supposedly consistently overcooking your meat increases your risk of cancer by 300% (as opposed to moderate cooking). Time to start ordering your steaks medium rare.
Already do, course if I end up dealing with meat kill by another preditor, still searing the **** out of it.

For vegetables though, it is true that some raw ones are likely to have 10 million pesticides on them, so maybe it's a good idea to cook them (or buy organic). But generally it is true that something like cooked spinach will not be as nutritious as raw spinach.
Agreed, but the same hold true vegitables/fruits found in the wild, they can be infected with interesting things.

In normal everyday life, I agree with you though.

Anyway, who wants to help me figure out how to turn a GC controller into an n64 controller and remap the inputs so the inputs are like melee?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
i doubt you can map c-stick smashes/aerials without an external program and macros - ie it will be useless on console

why are DGames people here
I mean hardware-wise, rewiring it.

Cause smash 64 is fun. And I wish I could play it again, but the smash 64 control scheme seems too foreign to me now.

Really? I've NEVER heard of this issue before.
Excuse me, was wrong, frame skipping.

Latency free laptops are unusual, I've tried getting to to work on mine, but so far been unsuccessful.

They are nowhere close though.
Hence weak determinism.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
whereas ballin refuses to believe its legitimacy because it can't boast the 0.95< statistically significant values free will can

oh wait

im not buying into this argument again

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
hey, at least they aren't arguing about religion.

malva00

Smash Master
does anyone have the n02 client that lets you ctrl+a to highlight all?

i had one but then i deleted all my pj64k files and got new ones... and now the the one i have doesn't let me do that

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I'm about to start Starting Strength (was going to start today but got bogged down). I've been doing my own random gym routines for a while but I figured it was time to get SUPER SERIOUS and do an actual plan.

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/Starting_Strength_Wiki

It's simple and short, so it fits into a busy schedule well.

The problem with p90x is that it takes a LOT of effort. You are working out like every day for quite a while, so it's tough to fit that into a busy schedule. Plus, anything that takes that much dedication is obviously going to work to some extent, so you don't know whether your results are coming from p90x in particular or just from the effort of working out all the time.

sharksquail

Smash Ace
The problem with p90x is that it takes a LOT of effort. You are working out like every day for quite a while, so it's tough to fit that into a busy schedule. Plus, anything that takes that much dedication is obviously going to work to some extent, so you don't know whether your results are coming from p90x in particular or just from the effort of working out all the time.
I'm actually really just doing the cardio, yoga, interval programs to lose weight. lost 20 lbs in the last 5 weeks doing interval training on a bike at the gym, and now it's time to switch it up to more of a full body workout, and step up the intensity.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
you mean lose fat, i hope

the best way to lose weight is to do regular cardio supplemented with regiments of strength training - sprint swimming and brief weight sessions followed by jogs, etc

cheeseball341

Smash Journeyman
You do realise to gain strength on a strength routine, you will need to eat over your maintenance calory level?

Which pre much makes it the worst for losing fat in the short run.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
You do realise to gain strength on a strength routine, you will need to eat over your maintenance calory level?

Which pre much makes it the worst for losing fat in the short run.
This isn't the case. You need to eat a lot if you are trying to gain weight, but you can still strength train and lose weight by simply not eating as much. You will get stronger even at a calorie deficit. At least for me, I've been eating a mild calorie deficit and strength training for the past 3 months or so, and I've lost 5-10 pounds while also increasing my muscle mass and strength.

Anyway, the way to lose weight in the long run is to boost your metabolism by increasing your lean muscle mass. Cardio only burns extra calories while you are doing it, but increasing your metabolism burns extra calories all the time. Not to mention that lifting weights does burn calories as well, and it boosts your metabolism in the short run too.

There aren't many people out there who get ripped through cardio only.

cheeseball341

Smash Journeyman
This isn't the case. You need to eat a lot if you are trying to gain weight, but you can still strength train and lose weight by simply not eating as much. You will get stronger even at a calorie deficit. At least for me, I've been eating a mild calorie deficit and strength training for the past 3 months or so, and I've lost 5-10 pounds while also increasing my muscle mass and strength.
They're called noobgains. They'll be gone within 6-12 months of starting.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
yup

I have so much work to do right now ... it's really hampering my gym routine :(

Oh yeah: Anyone watching Game of Thrones and or has read A Song of Ice and Fire?
Hell yea, almost finished feast for crows when i lost the book, and being bedridden atm means I can't go and get a new copy, very disappointed.

But yeah, awesome series, I absolutely love it.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Lol @ Adumb casually dropping by the 64 social thread

This place is where its at now.
Obv.

Disapointed that Ballin seems to be the only fellow Song of Ice and Fire fan here.

Anyone know how well the updated project 64 compares to the currently popular variation on the info thread?

TANK64

Smash Lord

Anyway, the way to lose weight in the long run is to boost your metabolism by increasing your lean muscle mass. Cardio only burns extra calories while you are doing it, but increasing your metabolism burns extra calories all the time. Not to mention that lifting weights does burn calories as well, and it boosts your metabolism in the short run too.

There aren't many people out there who get ripped through cardio only.
this

I lost 50 pounds at a calorie deficit and strength training. Also, I'm definitely stronger now than I've ever been.

sharksquail

Smash Ace
strength training is important and will deff help you lose weight and i do strength training, but most of the research that i've done says that interval training is the most efficient way to burn fat and calories.

TANK64

Smash Lord
strength training is important and will deff help you lose weight and i do strength training, but most of the research that i've done says that interval training is the most efficient way to burn fat and calories.
I forgot to add that I recently came from doing interval training. At the time my diet was still pretty bad but it still worked fairly well. It burns fat and boosts your metabolism for the long term as well as the short. Definitely better than cardio that burns fat and muscle, and doesn't boost your metabolism long term. Doing both interval and strength training would be ideal I suppose lol. However not everyone can work out all the time, so if you had to choose just one I say strength training would give more benefit. Interval training would be best if you just wanted to burn fat. But less fat increases muscle visibility. Don't you want to make those muscles more defined and BIGGER now that everyone can see them better?:cool: Strength training can do both.

Also: I Just watched ORIGIN spirits of the past. **** was horrible. Intro looked cool but as for the movie there was so many gaps in the backstory and plot. It was so rushed there was absolutely no character development for anyone, yet they still managed to include useless scenes/chars as well as filler -____-. On top of that it was the "coexist-with-nature" theme done so horribly. It was like the inbred child of Nausicaa. Movie was so BAD. I recommend that no one wastes there time watching this. If you already have: I'm sorry.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Interval will of course burn fat and calories ... while you are doing it.

I'm not saying cardio is useless ... it's just overrated.

Doing low weight and high reps for your weight training is also overrated.

So adumbrodeus are you watching Game of Thrones on HBO?

Battlecow

Play to Win
Dudes ASoIaF pro right here

Anything to do with literature is my domain

ASoIaF is one of my favorite series right now, really pwn.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
So adumbrodeus are you watching Game of Thrones on HBO?
Wouldn't miss it for the world, first episode was awesome (and did so well that it was announced they're renewing it for a second year already).

Plus convinced a ton of my friends/family to watch so got a ton of new fans because of it.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...m=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1040&bih=520

closest you're going to get, I reckon.

Unless there is an adapter I don't know about.
Thanks Kuz, I'll check it out, I honestly was hoping to physically rewire it though.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
They messed up the marriage night scene but other than that it was solid.

Also random changes to the prologue were kinda wtf.

loled at the ending of the episode ... I like all the actors so far.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Does anyone know where I can find the stupid smashboards ranking system? I mean when you become smash cadet, journeyman and so on. Is it only related to the number of posts or also the joining date?

Top Bottom