• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

DMoogle

A$
damn had to keep him alive forever so i could steal all of that.
i think there was a big problem with one of the bosses, forgot his name, when you entered the castle, and it was a two part battle and he turned to a monster on the second part.
it was pretty steep increase in difficulty and i remember reading about a lot of people not saving beforehand and the game autosaves at the start of the battle, then they can just not beat it and have to throw away the save.
Yeah you're referring to Wiegraf. Definitely a difficult battle, but I was lucky enough to never be overwhelmed by him. The problem was that it was in one of those places where there are multiple battles, and after each battle there's an opportunity to save, so a lot of people just overwrote their previous save and weren't able to beat him.

There were a decent amount of problems with FFT (e.g. LOL translation), but man, it's still one of my all-time favs.

Battlecow

Play to Win
so in case anyone is wondering

malva00

m for margarita, my mom's first name

alva for alvarado, my mom's old last name before she changed it after getting divorced

she made a name for AOL named malva with something else

I stole the malva part and randomly added the 00 when I signed up for gamefaqs on August 11th, 2000 (I doubt i chose 00 because of the year 2000)

malva00
So, the obvious question is...

Where does "Isai" come from? Or is that already known?

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
@malva00 Joel Isai Alvarado can be taken for Isaiah at some point if not reading.
Don't blame us!

The Star King

Smash Hero
Speaking of names...

"Korobeniki" reminds me of my irl last name, "Korobskiy".

I'm guessing "Korobeniki" is a strange spelling translation of "Korobeiniki", the Russian folk song that westerners know as the Tetris theme.

malva00

Smash Master
i got used to typing SuPeRbOoMfAn

MAYBE BECAUSE WHEN I TYPE IN CAPS I HOLD DOWN THE SHIFT KEY SO IT"S KIND OF SIMILAR

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Makes me wonder who has the coolest/most bada*s name.

1der
Thino
Shooting Star

are 3 that always stood out to me :D

malva00

Smash Master
one of my fav aim names is Blast the Kids

he used to play ssb back in the day and I think went online as L

i like this; too bad I can't find a bigger picture of it.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I kind of like "Star King" more now.

I'm not sure, but I think I included the "The" because it kind of gave an air of finality to the name. Not just any Star King, THE Star King. I didn't like how just "Star King" sounded. I do now though.

But I slightly change my name too much. ShootingStar -> ShootingStarKing -> The Star King, don't want to change to just Star King now.

...that reminds me, I figured out just last week that "oo, aa, the star king" can be rearranged to "atheist kangaroo".

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DtHl6F0yCE listen to this while playing fox

and u wont shoot a single laser !!!

if ur me that is
You got rad taste in music, bro. I gotta go for "Martyrium" for favorite Windir song, though. Do you have a Last.fm? I haven't listened to music in ages, but I plan to start that back up again.

http://www.last.fm/user/AGreenman

BEHOLD THE CHERRY

so crimson echoes got leaked today. heres the link to the ips instead of the rom cause i dont want an infraction:

http://buu700.res.cmu.edu/ChronoTrigger_CrimsonEchoes.ips

easily found on google though
DAMN! I remember when they got the C&D a while back. My heart nearly broke when they said they were 98-99% finished. Talk about shattering all your hopes and dreams. They shoulda just finished it and mysteriously leaked it. That, or they shoulda just shut the hell up about it until it was finished and released and nobody could do anything about it.

Peek~

Smash Lord
You got rad taste in music, bro. I gotta go for "Martyrium" for favorite Windir song, though. Do you have a Last.fm? I haven't listened to music in ages, but I plan to start that back up again.

http://www.last.fm/user/AGreenman
While I am not into your type of music,

Your musical compatibility with AGreenman is Very Low

Music you have in common includes My Bloody Valentine, Wolves in the Throne Room, Diablo Swing Orchestra, Altar of Plagues and Mindflowers.

I must give you props for using mediafire.

I dont know if you like Mindflowers(low plays everywhere) but if you are looking for something heavier try Spaced Out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NphFlE0jKkc

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
i prefer my name, Supa, it makes me seem black but yet also sophsticated.

you guys are going to hate me but i've moved over to the dark side,
melee

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Speaking of names...

"Korobeniki" reminds me of my irl last name, "Korobskiy".

I'm guessing "Korobeniki" is a strange spelling translation of "Korobeiniki", the Russian folk song that westerners know as the Tetris theme.
you mean strange misspelling.

I went by my name as spelled now in a smash tournament way back. Ironically, I forgot how to spell it correctly when the guy had no clue what that word meant (I know go by Koro or LavoS to make it easier)

So I stuck with the misspelling after messing it up the first time.

My first gamer tag for smash was related to my name, GCLU.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
We have not lost a player in some time.

Cya soup. Remember your roots when you go on to play Brawl
i haven't 'left' i just am not pursuing it more.

i'll still play, i just won't be all srs about it.

also, LOL brawl.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I wonder how asianaussie chose his name? /bad joke.

I was also impressed by Lovage's name, which I forgot to mention in my last post.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
I like the names:
SuPeRbOoM
KoRoBeNiKi
th3kuzinator
The Star King
among others...

I also want to know where does "Surri" came from in Surri-Sama which is a name I like too.

But now there are some "imitations...?" as:
SuPeRbLacK
SuPeRdOoM
and there's even a Keep~ which may have been influenced from Peek~
:p
jk lol

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
While I am not into your type of music,

Your musical compatibility with AGreenman is Very Low

Music you have in common includes My Bloody Valentine, Wolves in the Throne Room, Diablo Swing Orchestra, Altar of Plagues and Mindflowers.

I must give you props for using mediafire.

I dont know if you like Mindflowers(low plays everywhere) but if you are looking for something heavier try Spaced Out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NphFlE0jKkc
Hey, that's pretty cool! I've been searching far and wide for more jazzy instrumental metal in the vein of Exivious, Aghora, Art Metal, and the like. And I've got a few more Mindflowers plays, but most of them come from before I got a Last.fm. I just need to listen to music more. I have so much, and keep adding so much all the time, that most stuff gets one play and I rarely listen to anything repeatedly (aside from the top several bands in my charts, and even then, those are spurts, except for Visceral Evisceration).

And Mediafire's all I use. Anything else is just a waste, except for maybe Megaupload for large files, since they don't restrict your download speed (as much).

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Honestly I came up with Surri when i played Ragnarok online.

I was on a private server and testing classes (Ragnarok is an MMORPG), os i had to think of a few names i liked...(basically every name started with S for some reason lol).

Surri was the name i gave the "professor" (the name came from the top of my head) class char i made. This char eventually became my main char...and ever since then the name stuck.

I hate Tom Cruise.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I've always liked "Blackhat"

Whoever that guy is, he's way sophisticated... There're levels of cool stuff in that name. If I was female, I would definitely sleep with anyone named "Blackhat."

cheeseball341

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone in Australia want to play p2p? I can't get into the server, so I dunno if it's down or if JJ has banned me.

Also, 1der is the most ballin' name, except maybe Dongsun.

Top Bottom