• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Hello there~Intro thing...

For those of you that don't know me my name is Zen. I don't play 64 often but when do I main Yoshi and second Jiggs. The maing thing I love about smash 64 are the combos (of coarse.):) It has The Best out of any Smash Game...

mm That's it.~

DemonFart

Smash Lord
For those of you that don't know me my name is Zen. I don't play 64 often but when do I main Yoshi and second Jiggs. The maing thing I love about smash 64 are the combos (of coarse.):) It has The Best out of any Smash Game...

mm That's it.~
For those of you that don't know me my name is DF. I don't play 64 often but when I do I main Pikachu and second Jiggs. The main thing I love about smash 64 are the combos (of course):) It has the best out of any smash game.

Too lazy to make my own intro so I copied Zen's. I'm so cool...

:094:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I liked both Muugen and Jin. I was never able to choose a fave. They were all pretty amazing. The fight scenes in the show were too good.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
You ever play the videogame of SC they made? Don't know if it was any good, I have a friend's PS2 sitting around here to potentially try it out.
I haven't gotten the chance to try it. If you end up playing it let me know how it is. =o

Edit: Controller Guide sounds like a good idea to me. Is there anyone who would consider making one?

Zantetsu

Smash Master
So, I've decided to make the announcement that I plan on coming back to SSB64 very soon. Summer has arrived and I need some more stuff to do during the very few times that I'm at my house.

Anyone who's wanting to help me get back up to speed again, go ahead and add my new MSN address at Zantetsu17@live.com

Just don't rub it in my face that you're destroying me. I haven't played in ages :p

Edit: Only p2p please. I'll probably be ok to use Project64k even though I prefer Mupen64k, Project will be fine as long as we p2p.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
So, I've decided to make the announcement that I plan on coming back to SSB64 very soon. Summer has arrived and I need some more stuff to do during the very few times that I'm at my house.

Anyone who's wanting to help me get back up to speed again, go ahead and add my new MSN address at Zantetsu17@live.com

Just don't rub it in my face that you're destroying me. I haven't played in ages :p

Edit: Only p2p please. I'll probably be ok to use Project64k even though I prefer Mupen64k, Project will be fine as long as we p2p.
I have recently returned as well...we needs to play!

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Seriously.

Hi, I'm back from not doing my job. Now I'm going to close a thread based on not following it at all or being on the forums ever and completly missing the discussion.

Either mod the forum or don't. Jeez. That zen1 guy knows what he's doing at least.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Seriously.

Hi, I'm back from not doing my job. Now I'm going to close a thread based on not following it at all or being on the forums ever and completly missing the discussion.

Either mod the forum or don't. Jeez. That zen1 guy knows what he's doing at least.
Nice try son, you should calm down xO

Zen1 currently is working on a new version of this and he asked me to keep this here for now...and I am :D

Sorry you don't understand :)

As for the 12 bosses thread...it was mostly non-sense and mostly off topic, plus soon I'll have JaimeHR's "The Series" running, which is basically the same thread...with less foolishness.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Whatever, you're a lazy mod. You want to be condescending and arrogant on top of it too? Not gonna really get things to run as smoothly as they were.

Just saying. I don't even really care about the thread you closed either. I just hate it when things get all out of order around here, and you aren't helping at the moment. YOU should calm down ;) or do something productive with this section.

This social thread is really good though, I hope it stays!

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
The "12 Bosses" thread wasn't a "I r teh best" thread at all, it was "HE r teh best" which is more acceptable haha.
BTW go back a page to read more responses, I seem to have started a new page and nullified everyone else.

Anyone who's wanting to help me get back up to speed again, go ahead and add my new MSN address
I'll add you, but simply because I need more opponents who are willing to play more often! :p

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
The "12 Bosses" thread wasn't a "I r teh best" thread at all, it was "HE r teh best" which is more acceptable haha.
BTW go back a page to read more responses, I seem to have started a new page and nullified everyone else.

I'll add you, but simply because I need more opponents who are willing to play more often! :p
Odd for you to question me :o

I read the whole thread actually and it's easy to see what it will again turn into/already was...This community is prone to certain things.

Either way even if it WASN'T like I said I am setting up "The Series" soon enough, which will provide an actual sense of answer for the OPs question.

Remember online is basically the only real scene North America has for Smash64, so yes...it counts as much as it can.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Still, whats the point in closing those threads? Its not like this section is flooded with so many disccussions, this forum is actually lacking activity, and closing threads doesnt help does it?

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Remember online is basically the only real scene North America has for Smash64, so yes...it counts as much as it can.
No, it doesn't. It's not even close to the real thing on console. I really wouldn't put money down on an online tournament, but I'd have no problem on console.

Online smash is fun, and differentiates skill to a certain degree, but there's an obvious something missing.

As for the who r teh best thread Ill just drop the issue, personally. Although I dont think it was that bad.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I agree Console is far different, better, even sexier maybe? But again, I said dont forget about the lack of people playing console TOGETHER :( its sad but true.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Yeah, but there are a few random console tourneys. Nothing major though. no one bothers like they do for melee or brawl with the plane tickets and hotels and yada yada

Online is a pretty good scene, I agree. I just dont think it really COUNTS for your skill level.

MattNF

Smash Lord
Odd for you to question me :o

I read the whole thread actually and it's easy to see what it will again turn into/already was...This community is prone to certain things.

Either way even if it WASN'T like I said I am setting up "The Series" soon enough, which will provide an actual sense of answer for the OPs question.

Not really.

"The Series" doesn't factor in non-NA players, and it doesn't factor in non-online players. There was NO reason to close that thread. There was only like one noob who was like "I R TEH BEST WIT LINK LOL" and everyone else was actually having a discussion about it.

But then again, Surri's never been a good mod to begin with, so I guess I shouldn't have expected anything different.

malva00

Smash Master
surri closed that bosses thread?

wow not bad surri not bad at all

too bad his comment about the the online scene cancels that out

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I have to watch these vids ^^, I'm too stoned to care at the moment

watched "great match" where you are the blue fox.

You don't z cancel and you use up B alot. A lot of your moves missed, all of em. You also suicided. You did dtilt 4 times in a row on a platform and then just crouched there. That was pretty funny though.

You should combo. use utilts and shuairs and obviously z cancel everything use fair to move forward and downdrill is good vs your noob opponents, just z cancel it and do what you want.. Start learning how to shdl and pressure with reverse lasers before attacking and combo as much as you can. Also gimp with fox, learn how to shine cancel. You're on console from what I can tell you have to step it up!

Pro noob tip. Press a with fox and he'll jab. hit a light character with this when theyre kind of high damage and then upsmash and they die.

craiigg

Smash Lord
what's the A button? i just press the yellow and red buttons on my controller and fox makes these cool purple lines come out of his hands

MattNF

Smash Lord
I wish that other thread wasn't closed too, I wanted to comment on Daedatheus's hilarious picture of me :p

Top Bottom