• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Tell him that the joke's orgin is rooted in transphobia, and there's no way one can possibly remove it when the punchline is just transphobia, because otherwise, it doesn't make sense, and is not a good joke (not like it was good to begin with)

Also, people still making attack helicopter jokes in 2020? Been in a coma since 2016?
I told them the first fact, but you provided a fantastic explanation on how I can present them with facts.

Also, yes. There are a lot of uneducated people.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Even commander is expensive now.

Between Jumpstart being short supplied due to Covid, and people being generally unhappy with WotC as of late, more and more people have jumped to Commander, meaning the prices skyrocket.
Yeah I know. It feels like one second WOTC canmt **** up any more, then boom! here comes another weird decision by the higher ups! Secret Lairs were a mistake.

I literally haven’t touched MtG stuff in months because it’s frankly gotten annoying. I still play it occasionally but my focus is on Yugioh and VG for now. Bushi and Konami sometimes screw up but at least it’s not as frequent as whatever the **** is going on at the office at Wizards.

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah I know. It feels like one second WOTC canmt **** up any more, then boom! here comes another weird decision by the higher ups! Secret Lairs were a mistake.

I literally haven’t touched MtG stuff in months because it’s frankly gotten annoying. I still play it occasionally but my focus is on Yugioh and VG for now. Bushi and Konami sometimes screw up but at least it’s not as frequent as whatever the **** is going on at the office at Wizards.
Yep.

Yugioh is fine right now.

1597898904047.png
1597898966635.png

Sqrs

Smash Cadet
Yep.

Yugioh is fine right now.

duel links is doing great! (sees a dude who uses red eyes just so he can use the spell card that attacks you directly and then you attack them directly with red eyes so they automatically win, not even mention other decks that destroy everything like valkyrie) Doing just fine!

Shroob

Sup?
Oh don't remind me of those two. Needlefiber literally just needed a non generic summoning condition and a non generic special summon effect to be good enough support for crystrons, but at the same time not busted. Dragun though...
Dragun is just the natural end point of Konami realizing they have no ****ing idea what they want to do with Red Eyes and throw ALL THE THINGS onto a single card.

"It's a Tribute deck! It's Burn! No it's Ritual! No it's Fusion! It's Equips WITH FUSION!"

"No... it's.... not fun to play against. That's what it'll be."

Last edited:

Sqrs

Smash Cadet
duel links is doing great! (sees a dude who uses red eyes just so he can use the spell card that attacks you directly and then you attack them directly with red eyes so they automatically win, not even mention other decks that destroy everything like valkyrie) Doing just fine!
4000 LP just doesn't work

D

Deleted member

This is honestly one of the big reasons I love Cardfight Vanguard. Aside from Guarding your opponent can’t pull any 500 iq plays to completly shut down your turn: it’s less of “turbo out a bunch of negates or an unbreakable board” like Yugioh is and more of “slowly advance towards victory by skillfuly using all your cards to their fullest effect.”

It’s also one of the better card game anime out there(although I feel Buddyfight is better by a slight margin, despite it’s many flaws. But not by much)

Last edited by a moderator:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I did watch both:

Marcy was such a great character and a complete curveball. We were told she motivated Anne to steal the box but maybe she was actually being manipulated by Sasha at the time. Unless the theory that Marcy actually had heard rumors of the boxes powers ends up being true, then it would make sense.

Either way she was a great addition to the show and I can’t wait to see what they do with her. The king also setting them up looks promising too.Really excited they got Keith David to voice him.

As for the Owl House:
That was a fun calm before the storm episode. The hints we got of Edea’s past are sure to be explored next week based on the promo art and I’m curious as to her backstory if we learn most of it next week. As for the main plot, Amity really has come a long way this season and I love her character arc. Willow also gaining popularity and confidence because Amity changed and helped heal her scars was also a nice dynamic twist. It also explains her confidence in the promos we saw earlier this year for the second half. So seeing her newfound strength Whenever they fight in the emperors palace should be good. Luz also gaining access to the fire glyph really Opens up the path for how she can learn more spells. So I’m sure that’s going to big Going forward.

Both shows are really picking up and I can’t wait to see where they go with the rest of their seasons.
I know, right?! Marcy was super entertaining and likeable, not at all what I expected to be honest. We've only seen her for one episode but she was great, and I look forward to seeing her in more episodes throughout the season. My prediction was that she gonna be even more cold and aloof than Sasha, having been hardened by her time in Amphibia and Newtopia, but also firmly on the good side of things, unlike her. Instead we got a very friendly, smart and insightful dork who knows how to get things done and is also very clumsy, but is also very likely being manipulated by higher authorities of Amphibia.

No idea where her character arc is gonna go, but I hope she and Anne remain on the same side. I was floored when I found out Keith David was voicing the king, and from the end of the episode alone it's obvious they're setting him up to be The Chessmaster of the show. With that, and the fact that Grime never screamed "endgame villain" to me, I'm betting that the king is going to be the real main villain of the show, at least for a while to come.

I can't wait to see where this all goes. Amphibia's come such a long way. It's great.

And now onto the second show:
Oh, definitely. It's all coming down to it. Eda's backstory is on the way, as is a likely reveal of what the Emperor or his rule is all about.

Amity's one of the best characters now lol. She's entertaing and is one of the better written bullies I've seen in fiction. Boscha's also a well-written bully for a completely different reason. She lacks Amity's redeeming qualities and arc, but she's also not entirely one-note. It's also surprising to see that literally no other students got in on her bullying now that Amity's separated herself from that scene. Refreshing, too. She's legitimately the one and only student who's still treating the protagonists poorly. Everyone else either likes them or is different to them. I'm actually starting to think she might graduate to full-blown villain by the end of the season, given her track record and complete lack of positive character development.

he characters have come a long way. And once again, I can't wait to see how it all plays out.

Reactions: Z25

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
The only good thing WotC have done with mtg recently were the mystery boosters. Everything else they've decided to do just makes me dislike them more and more.

Wizards: "Hey guys, we're not gonna acknowledge the secondary market!"

Also Wizards: "Hey guys, please buy this premium product where we sell you a underprinted modern staple for 40$ and a few fancy tokens!"

Blegh

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
The only good thing WotC have done with mtg recently were the mystery boosters. Everything else they've decided to do just makes me dislike them more and more.

Wizards: "Hey guys, we're not gonna acknowledge the secondary market!"

Also Wizards: "Hey guys, please buy this premium product where we sell you a underprinted modern staple for 40$ and a few fancy tokens!"

Blegh
Don't forget

100$

For a single pack.

Shroob

Sup?
100$

To get a full art common that was up-shifted to rare just for these packs.

Thanks Wizards. Wonder when they're gonna figure out a loophole and reprint reserved list cards for some of that easy cash.
To be fair

Outside investors, I don't know that many people who are in favor of the reserve list since it keeps such a high bar of entry to some formats.

But I also don't see them ever breaking it. They may be stupid.......... well, they are, but they're not going to shatter the secondary market that they totally don't look at please buy our Fetch Lands for 400$ buy our Fetch Lands for 400$ please and no we won't ship to BRAZIL stop asking.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I know, right?! Marcy was super entertaining and likeable, not at all what I expected to be honest. We've only seen her for one episode but she was great, and I look forward to seeing her in more episodes throughout the season. My prediction was that she gonna be even more cold and aloof than Sasha, having been hardened by her time in Amphibia and Newtopia, but also firmly on the good side of things, unlike her. Instead we got a very friendly, smart and insightful dork who knows how to get things done and is also very clumsy, but is also very likely being manipulated by higher authorities of Amphibia.

No idea where her character arc is gonna go, but I hope she and Anne remain on the same side. I was floored when I found out Keith David was voicing the king, and from the end of the episode alone it's obvious they're setting him up to be The Chessmaster of the show. With that, and the fact that Grime never screamed "endgame villain" to me, I'm betting that the king is going to be the real main villain of the show, at least for a while to come.

I can't wait to see where this all goes. Amphibia's come such a long way. It's great.

And now onto the second show:
Oh, definitely. It's all coming down to it. Eda's backstory is on the way, as is a likely reveal of what the Emperor or his rule is all about.

Amity's one of the best characters now lol. She's entertaing and is one of the better written bullies I've seen in fiction. Boscha's also a well-written bully for a completely different reason. She lacks Amity's redeeming qualities and arc, but she's also not entirely one-note. It's also surprising to see that literally no other students got in on her bullying now that Amity's separated herself from that scene. Refreshing, too. She's legitimately the one and only student who's still treating the protagonists poorly. Everyone else either likes them or is different to them. I'm actually starting to think she might graduate to full-blown villain by the end of the season, given her track record and complete lack of positive character development.

he characters have come a long way. And once again, I can't wait to see how it all plays out.
I’m thinking based on that ending Marcy is going to focus on standing up to Sasha next time they meet since she said it’s her and Anne now. Although it seems like they all need to come together in the end to get home based on the title screen having some prophecy with all 3 of them. It’s also an interesting detail that Marcy landed in the one place that had a plethora of knowledge on humans and Amphibia. Makes me wonder if the king somehow played a role in getting them all here as the one girl who would most want to stay and study the world is now his head guard. It should get pretty good in the next few episodes.

Bosha does make for an interesting antagonist. I also think there is more to her then meets the eye considering Amity’s flashback about her parents heavily implies Bosh’s was a prodigy and her parents have immense status in the class system. I wonder if her family could even be coven leaders potentially. I could also see her become the new star child of the emperors coven. She fits that role of controllable and powerful perfectly. Plus the game and popularity would easily temp her. I could see Lilith leave the coven in the finale which results in Amity also realizing it’s not worth it. Which maybe then Bosh’s will step in. I’m also kinda of hoping we see the emperor unmasked but that might be a season 2 thing.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Anyone seen this before? (This came out way back in March this year.)
(If you don't know what's this about it's a series where the viewer, you imagines themselves as Jon Arbuckle and depending on the your zodiac sign, a different version of Garfield will be after you. For example I'm a Libra which is the scales.)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I’m thinking based on that ending Marcy is going to focus on standing up to Sasha next time they meet since she said it’s her and Anne now. Although it seems like they all need to come together in the end to get home based on the title screen having some prophecy with all 3 of them. It’s also an interesting detail that Marcy landed in the one place that had a plethora of knowledge on humans and Amphibia. Makes me wonder if the king somehow played a role in getting them all here as the one girl who would most want to stay and study the world is now his head guard. It should get pretty good in the next few episodes.

Bosha does make for an interesting antagonist. I also think there is more to her then meets the eye considering Amity’s flashback about her parents heavily implies Bosh’s was a prodigy and her parents have immense status in the class system. I wonder if her family could even be coven leaders potentially. I could also see her become the new star child of the emperors coven. She fits that role of controllable and powerful perfectly. Plus the game and popularity would easily temp her. I could see Lilith leave the coven in the finale which results in Amity also realizing it’s not worth it. Which maybe then Bosh’s will step in. I’m also kinda of hoping we see the emperor unmasked but that might be a season 2 thing.
Yeah, it seems almost certain that the king knows more about their arrival than anyone else so far. I don't know if the prophecy involved those three specifically or just any three humans, but their arrival seems to be a big deal for the world of Amphibia.

I'm really hoping Sasha will come around and change for the better in the end.

I'm very interested in seeing how Amity and Boscha's families influence the coven system, and I'm definitely willing to bet the latter become a bigger villain at this rate, especially if Amity and/or Lilith drop out of the Emperor's Coven altogether.

It might be a bit early to reveal the Emperor's identity, especially since there are so many other plot points that need to be covered, like Eda's curse and the ordeal involving the fake letters from Luz.

Reactions: Z25

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Yo Baku, why did you randomly like react to one of my posts from last year where I was complaining about Dragon Quest music? lol

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Afternoon to the crowd. Another day of playing, writing, sleeping and watching stuff awaits (my life for another two/three weeks at least) to be honest.

Hi. Haven't posted here in a while. What's up?
The sky. Seriously though been ok this morning. Good choice of pfp as well.

Been meaning to ask this. Are you from the UK? I'm curious.

Is my birthday :shades:
tries to go into a slightly high pitched voice.

Happy Birthday Snowgolem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom