• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So now, only a half hour after min min, they will be revealing Crash 4. The coincidence.... it’s staggering. Could we be seeing some remnants of an abandoned pre-virus plan? Or is it just a massive coincidence.

D

Deleted member

And another fan made "rule" down the drain. Good riddance I say. Also worth noting Sakurai didn't say Spring Man wasn't chosen because he's an AT, but Min Min was simply the more popular choice. I just wish people would be more open and not get stuck on some rule they made up themselves.

As for Min Min, she looks pretty fun to use. Congrats to those who wanted her. Though Falcon stole the show for me.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Alight boys we're celebrating with Ramen!!!!!
I don't care if you like it or not. Min-Min is in so we're getting ramen!

Vault Boy was a nice Mii Fighter suprise.

And does Sakurai have a godly setup. Outside of Min-Min that was the best thing about it.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Going into this reveal, I was just wondering, "What fanmade speculation rule will be broken this time?" Could be either our first AT getting a promotion to fighter status with Spring Man, or they would choose else someone else, thus becoming the first case where a side character from an unrepresented franchise joins the roster before the main character/face of the franchise does.

I was rooting for Spring Man originally, so it kinda stung seeing him deconfirmed from the get-go, but I hoped to see my Arms main Ninjara join instead (he was also among my most wanted for an Arms rep), and it seemed like he had the upper hand: guess I should have known the opening of the trailer with Captain Falcon and Kirby eating at the ramen shop was the big giveaway that Min min was going to be the Arms rep.

Still, she's cool, so I'm alright with seeing her represent her game! Seems like Sakurai did a good job incorporating Arms gameplay into Smash. While she is more oriented for ground combat and less for aerial similar to Little Mac, she doesn't seem to have the crippling aerial game flaws that make Little Mac low-tier, so she might just be a decent character on her own.

Found it interesting that the reason why Min min was included as the Arms rep was because the Arms director himself wanted her in, and according to him, "Everyone's a protagonist" in Arms. Makes me wish other fighting game developers had a similar mindset, because then it could pave the way to include unexpected choices from other fighting game series into Smash.

On that note, it kinda gives me some newfound hope that perhaps Noel Vermillion could be a hypothetical surprise pick to represent BlazBlue. BlazBlue's director really likes her; maybe he will push for her to be in Smash over Ragna if he ever gets approached for Smash? I'd love for Ragna to be in too, but Noel would be a a very fun choice too.

The only disappointing part of the news today was learning that Ninjara was the Arms rep Sakurai was planning on adding. It's great to see he and I shared the same mindset for who we'd like to see represent Arms, but a part of me is wishing maybe we could have seen Ninjara being implemented as an alternate costume or even an Echo Fighter for Min min: I could definitely see the potential in that. Oh well, maybe in the next Smash title.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Let’s go Min-Min for the Win Win! Called Heihachi too but I really didn’t think he had a shot at DLC.
Which means that Tekken is out of the running for DLC. Which means that a second Namco fighter, of any, will probably be either a Tales character or something really weird.
If Namco gets a rep it’s Dark Souls imo.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Which means that Tekken is out of the running for DLC. Which means that a second Namco fighter, of any, will probably be either a Tales character or something really weird.
No. It means Heihachi is out of the running for DLC. We literally saw it in action today: fan rules don't mean ****.

Unless it's stated by Sakurai (I.E. "Characters must debut in a video game), you can't assume.

In other news, I'm both relieved and disappointed about Sakurai trolling us regarding rereleases of amiibo, maybe something will come out of it though.

Joker's amiibo base being the fire looks sick and I'll take fifty please.

We're getting a number of third party companies getting in on this... Could we expect characters from Ubisoft and Bethesda?

Also, I completely expect a Shovel Knight Mii costume, for sure.

Ooh, and Squid waifus as Mii outfits makes me happy. ^^

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Springman gives me even more Lupin vibes now than he did before thanks to that trailer. I dunno maybe I’m crazy.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Let’s go Min-Min for the Win Win! Called Heihachi too but I really didn’t think he had a shot at DLC.

If Namco gets a rep it’s Dark Souls imo.
I keep forgetting about Souls. Yeah. That has a high likelihood too.
No. It means Heihachi is out of the running for DLC. We literally saw it in action today: fan rules don't mean ****.

Unless it's stated by Sakurai (I.E. "Characters must debut in a video game), you can't assume.

In other news, I'm both relieved and disappointed about Sakurai trolling us regarding rereleases of amiibo, maybe something will come out of it though.

Joker's amiibo base being the fire looks sick and I'll take fifty please.

We're getting a number of third party companies getting in on this... Could we expect characters from Ubisoft and Bethesda?

Also, I completely expect a Shovel Knight Mii costume, for sure.

Ooh, and Squid waifus as Mii outfits makes me happy. ^^
But if they were gonna do a Tekken character, wouldn’t they save the Heihachi costume for then?

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
just checked the alts on smashbros.com
no dr coyle :(
but i’m pretty sure one of them was meant to be ribbon girl

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I'm very excited about Min Min. She looks insanely fun too, I've always enjoyed spacing in Smash so she looks very well suited for how I play.

LethalHero

Smash Cadet
NNID
LethalHeroX120
Min Min was Etikas favorite ARMS character from what he said in his videos.
When I learn how to mod character models a little bit, I am going to put the Etika symbol on her shirt and her beanie.

it might be a little silly and not mean much, but I think it would not only be really cool but a small testament.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I keep forgetting about Souls. Yeah. That has a high likelihood too.

But if they were gonna do a Tekken character, wouldn’t they save the Heihachi costume for then?
You could literally say the same thing about Rabbids and Rayman. No matter how much Ubisoft pushes it as a separate franchise it's still a spin-off.

We just got costumes for a base game franchise too. Sakurai adds what he thinks is cool, when he chooses. We don't know what's going on in that man's head - for the best, imo.

I still personally believe Tales is snatching that Namco DLC spot, but don't give up hope just because one Tekken character got taken out of the running. There's still Jin, the actual protagonist of the series, and Kazuya...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'll argue each one

Bernie - I'm sorry but I literally cannot stand her character. No backbone in the five years between. What puts her down for me is how weak she is and can barely keep up with the other archers even on CF and SS routes. Leonie in my opinion is the better archer and Shamir helps as well.

Hilda's speed hurts her a bit. That's pretty much the main reason she gets lower. Maddening she's having a hard time so far for me.

Marianne can handle her own. Her issue with Faith magic is she doesn't have Fortify which is why Mercedes gets an advantage over her allowing to heal multiple times. Marianne is an incredible dancer and secondary healer here. Had she had Fortify, I'd rank her a bit higher

Coco, Dorothea, Ferdinand, and Shamir I'd love to rank higher, but they have quite a competition among them. I feel Lysithea and Hapi are the best magic units and can dish damage harder. Dorothea have to complete with many mages in the reason class and I've noticed Coco does slightly better than Dorothea. She has flight interest that helps her with the Dark Flyer class too. And Slyvain I feel is the better unit over Ferdie becaue of the amount of damage he can deliver. If you think that's crazy, I'm already working on a Maddening team for Golden Deer and so far this is my roster:

Haru (Byleth), Claude, Lysithea, Leonie, Hilda, Felix, Shamir, Hapi, Mercedes, Sylvain, Marianne, Cyril (may remove)

Last two spots go to either Ralph/Ignatz/Lorenzo/Petra/Dorothea
oh trust me...you’re not Bernie correctly if that’s the case. You gonna need them supports, the wholesome content, and literally all the loving cause she is a bow machine...and a top tier character

also Marianne...sword...****ing do it for her real power (combined with Hilda’s excellent axe work, they make for a dynamic duo)
I'm just glad it wasn't Twintelle
oh
Rule 34 artists after the Min Min direct.

Official artView attachment 275629
Salty Springman
Inkling being wholesome...and Isabelle plotting ways to kill Samus
Just found out about Min Min's placement on the "Everyone is Here!" banter:

noice
So with Min-Min being the first challenger unveiled for the second pass, when do you guys expect the next character to be revealed?
a John Cena everyone can see

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Springman gives me even more Lupin vibes now than he did before thanks to that trailer. I dunno maybe I’m crazy.
You are definitely not alone. Spring Man has always given me the vibe of an anime protagonist from older anime of the 80s to early 90s like Lupin. I'd say that's what makes Spring Man's design so charming!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Can we talk about how this:
A2681302-A9D3-41C1-BBCF-85DD0C1676C0.png

“at least”
-four more slots in the datamine after this. More characters coming?

D

Deleted member

That new Crash game looks so good. And it's coming out this October already.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
so dr coyle gets... maybe a spirit.
her stage gets a music track.
her stage gets the same if not more representation.
whatever, i realize this happened to a lot of other characters. still kinda disappointing

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Don't get your hopes up. In context, Sakurai is saying the team is working hard to make sure that it ends up happening and not getting cancelled.
Yes but why use at least?

That says they are open to more and if it was just five they would have said the five fighters we promised to still make imo as that makes more sense.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Catch up time!
  • WOOT! MIN MIN!
  • I just loved the trailer
  • Vault Boy Mii costume... wat
  • Crash looks hype af! I'm going to wait to see if Switch port happens (If history repeats itself like with Crash N-Sane Trilogy and Spyro Reignited Trilogy)
Today is a gewd day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom