• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Well regardless of who it is tomorrow. All rules will be gone.

If it’s Spring Man that means Assist trophies are game for DLC and probably that Waluigi is in( or Bombernan/issac). And that also means that if they are willing to replace models And items, then PNGS( spirits) would be even easier to promote.

If it’s one of the spirits then that means Spirits are game for DLC, which I think probably means Geno is in.

Either way speculation will be off the rails come tomorrow.
"All rules will be gone"

And then it's someone out of left field like Max Brass.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
"All rules will be gone"

And then it's someone out of left field like Max Brass.
If it’s somehow not Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Min-Min or Twintelle, then I won’t even know what to say lol.

I’ll still enjoy the ride though.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

If it’s Spring Man that means Assist trophies are game for DLC and probably that Waluigi is in( or Bombernan/issac). And that also means that if they are willing to replace models And items, then PNGS( spirits) would be even easier to promote.

If it’s one of the spirits then that means Spirits are game for DLC, which I think probably means Geno is in.

And if it’s Dr. Coyle then nothing really changes at all.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'm gonna open up a can of worms here. Below is my thoughts with 3 Houses and how I'd rank them based on stats, availability, and classes

my-image-2.png

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm gonna open up a can of worms here. Below is my thoughts with 3 Houses and how I'd rank them based on stats, availability, and classes

the Bernadetta placement...and Hilda...and Ferdinand Von Aegir...and Dorothea...and Marianne...and Shamir...and Constance...we gotta fight to the death now

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
the Bernadetta placement...and Hilda...and Ferdinand Von Aegir...and Dorothea...and Marianne...and Shamir...and Constance...we gotta fight to the death now
I'll argue each one

Bernie - I'm sorry but I literally cannot stand her character. No backbone in the five years between. What puts her down for me is how weak she is and can barely keep up with the other archers even on CF and SS routes. Leonie in my opinion is the better archer and Shamir helps as well.

Hilda's speed hurts her a bit. That's pretty much the main reason she gets lower. Maddening she's having a hard time so far for me.

Marianne can handle her own. Her issue with Faith magic is she doesn't have Fortify which is why Mercedes gets an advantage over her allowing to heal multiple times. Marianne is an incredible dancer and secondary healer here. Had she had Fortify, I'd rank her a bit higher

Coco, Dorothea, Ferdinand, and Shamir I'd love to rank higher, but they have quite a competition among them. I feel Lysithea and Hapi are the best magic units and can dish damage harder. Dorothea have to complete with many mages in the reason class and I've noticed Coco does slightly better than Dorothea. She has flight interest that helps her with the Dark Flyer class too. And Slyvain I feel is the better unit over Ferdie becaue of the amount of damage he can deliver. If you think that's crazy, I'm already working on a Maddening team for Golden Deer and so far this is my roster:

Haru (Byleth), Claude, Lysithea, Leonie, Hilda, Felix, Shamir, Hapi, Mercedes, Sylvain, Marianne, Cyril (may remove)

Last two spots go to either Ralph/Ignatz/Lorenzo/Petra/Dorothea

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Hilda's speed hurts her a bit. That's pretty much the main reason she gets lower. Maddening she's having a hard time so far for me.
I made her a Pegasus Knight to get her Darting Blow in my maddening mode playthrough and she was easily the strongest member of my GD team, rivaled only by Lysithea. Apocalyptic Flame was also really busted.

Leonie is really good early game but sadly her attack stat struggles in the late game, at least in my experience. Maybe I should have made her a stronger class then Bow Knight.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It's kind of weird how much of a buzz around PS5's not-confirmed price there is given the Xbox Series X also doesn't have a confirmed price. There's like this perception that Sony in particular is very tightlipped about it; what's with the discrepancy here? And why does the price even matter right now if neither are available for pre-order? I figure I'm excited enough by the games/features offered by each to plan on buying both, and then if later the price seems to be too much for my wallet I'll just pick whichever I'm more excited by.

Maybe expecting patience about unknown video game console details on a site with such a high amount of completely unsubstaniated Smash speculation is just asking for a bad time though.

Shroob

Sup?
It's kind of weird how much of a buzz around PS5's not-confirmed price there is given the Xbox Series X also doesn't have a confirmed price. There's like this perception that Sony in particular is very tightlipped about it; what's with the discrepancy here? And why does the price even matter right now if neither are available for pre-order? I figure I'm excited enough by the games/features offered by each to plan on buying both, and then if later the price seems to be too much for my wallet I'll just pick whichever I'm more excited by.

Maybe expecting patience about unknown video game console details on a site with such a high amount of completely unsubstaniated Smash speculation is just asking for a bad time though.
I think it may have to do with a lot of people being nervous since everyone still remembers after all these years:

"Five-hundred-and-ninety-nine US dollars."

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

I mean I guess? Rules have never existed (except for maybe 4th parties). Honestly in speculative terms, Spring Man or not most still probably won't bet on content that is already included. I kind of feel like in the end later today whatever happens will only worsen the decline of speculative discussion with people doubling down on whatever fits their internet crusade.

People who talk about rules are the same people who confuse rumors for leaks.

EDIT: Apologies if any of this sounds personal. As an old person, I'm very much a hypocrite of my self from old 2011 - 2014 threads.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I mean I guess? Rules have never existed (except for maybe 4th parties). Honestly in speculative terms, Spring Man or not most still probably won't bet on content that is already included. I kind of feel like in the end later today whatever happens will only worsen the decline of speculative discussion with people doubling down on whatever fits their internet crusade.

People who talk about rules are the same people who confuse rumors for leaks.
It's already happening. People have been saying this pass will be heavily First party focused despite this being the literal first character.

Like, it could very well be that but... we kinda need to wait for the midway point to make that judgment. :dr^_^:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I thought I knew a thing or two about the superbosses in XC but Avalanche Abassy still ended up kicking my ass. Forgot that you need Night Vision gems to even stand a fighting chance against the guy if you're rocking a physical party.

As for the other superbosses, I've beaten all but the aforementioned and Blizzard Belgezas - the latter of which I'm not too worried about since I'll probably end up topple lock cheesing him (I'll do it legit later, I swear) - so I'll probably clean up the rest of the UMs I missed after that and then move onto Future Connected.

Shroob

Sup?
It's kinda ****ed how I'm more excited just that it's more 'new content' than I am it being ARMs.

...ARMs just never clicked with me like Splatoon did.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Afternoon.

So I'm going to do some quick predictions for the Arms Showcase.

1. I'm thinking Hero situation of the four usually mentioned.

2. We'll get an announcement of when are going to see the next character trailer.

3. A major Mii Fighter deconfirmation. I'm going to predict Hehachi or Lloyd as much as I don't want to.

4. Arms character won't be available right away but like the end of the week.

5. **** it. A game announcement after. Arms 2 or something else.

Bonus: Sakurai's Cat will be there.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Alright, I feel like now is a good time to start placing predictions, with two hours left.

We are going to get Dr Coyle. The stage is going to be [NAME REDACTED] and there will be a decent amount of music.

Sakurai will show off his collection, but it will only be from stuff already in Super Smash Bros, or Sakurai-era Kirby stuff. Both make sense for him to have and anybody who speculated from it would be disregarded as stupid.

Mii Fighter’s are gonna be Min Min, Biff Hat, Star Force Mega Man, Mega Man Volnutt, and even though it isn’t consistent, another premium Mii outfit. My guesses would be Geno, Hollow Knight, or someone similar.

Dr Coyle or not, the fighter releases today.

Her first few alts are taken directly from the game, but the rest reference other characters.

The update comes with no new game modes.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Min Min is one of the top things trending on Twitter right now, Smash Twitter about to turn into a giant hissy fit and I’m terrified to see the outrage Spring Man’s reveal is gonna cause.

(Hoping for Helix, the jelly boi.)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

YOU PUT ASHE IN D WTF-
*sees Linhartd, Ignatz, seteth, Lorenz in B, Cyril in A, Claude and Yuri in s and male byleth is SS*
Im happy

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Alright, I feel like now is a good time to start placing predictions, with two hours left.

The update comes with no new game modes.
You know I'll say it.

We won't get a new mode during FP2 but we'll get minor editions.

New objects for stage builder or custom Multi Man Smash type of thing.

Or one thing I really want, the ability to sort stages and characters.

I like the order of first appeared but at the same time, to the casual audience it would have been easier to do it by series or alphabetically.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Yeah, I could imagine...
This is with slow mode on, too.

I probably won’t care much if it isn’t Dr Coyle, Spring Man or Lola Pop. At that point I’d be more excited about the Mii Outfits. But I’ll still enjoy the fighter no matter what happens.

LethalHero

Smash Cadet
NNID
LethalHeroX120
Bruh, this was nothing compared to the Grinch Leak and Terry-Byleth gap.
Anytime a smash reveal is set, time just so happens to move slow. Sakurai is a stand user.
But honestly the E3 that showed off the Everyone is here trailer felt like an eternity.

The buildup to Smash feels more exciting has a stronger sense of unity than when the actual game or DLC comes out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom