• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Then question. If The Thing appeared in a fighting game like Mortal Kombat, what form would be best to use for general gameplay?
I guess maybe the base form could be the diver suit since that’s an iconic image but I don’t really think the Thing would work as a fighter from a lore or mechanical standpoint

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Since we seem to be on the topic of kickass Smash remixes, can I just say that Divine Bloodlines is kickass incarnate and one of the best songs in the game? That song just makes my ears melt.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I guess maybe the base form could be the diver suit since that’s an iconic image but I don’t really think the Thing would work as a fighter from a lore or mechanical standpoint
Yeah. It’s kind of a puzzle. It’s for my horror movie fighting game concept. The Thing is a pretty iconic horror character. So it SHOULD be there. But I don’t know how it would work. It might have to be an original form.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Flame Man deserved better.
He truly did. Imagine a remix that used traditional Middle Eastern instruments with drums and guitar. Or Tomahawk Man done with the full Wild West style.

She deserves to have her theme represented better in the game, remix or port.

That reminds me, I wanted to see if I could extend Sonic’s music library to 50 songs line Terry and I don’t think I finished that.
Do it.

That said, y'all worrying about Cynthia and we STILL don't have a dedicated theme for Red. And get outta here with that Sun/Moon version nonsense. GSC all day baybee!

I want Chun Li as DLC just to get more songs from other Street fighter titles.

Give me Dudley's theme pls.
SF3 has so many tracks to pull from it isn't even funny.

I'm just amazed we didn't get at least one promotional song from 11.

Also the title theme to 3.

7 is definitely underrated. The fact that I used to be on the blind hate wagon for it and 8 embarrasses me.
The main theme of MM3 and Protoman's theme would the main songs from that game to add at some point.

EDIT: When I first played MM8 I was expecting to dislike it because of the reputation it kind of had. But really only the JUMP JUMP, SLIDE SLIDE parts were annoying. The rest of the game was pretty good. And the animation was really nice.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Yeah. It’s kind of a puzzle. It’s for my horror movie fighting game concept. The Thing is a pretty iconic horror character. So it SHOULD be there. But I don’t know how it would work. It might have to be an original form.
I mean I feel like it would have to be nerfed way too hard from it’s source material for it to be balanced and from what I understand transformation/shapeshifting characters are difficult to incorporate in fighting games as it is.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean I feel like it would have to be nerfed way too hard from it’s source material for it to be balanced and from what I understand transformation/shapeshifting characters are difficult to incorporate in fighting games as it is.
True.....

I’ll leave it in limbo until I see if and how NRS does Beast Boy in I3.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Do it.

That said, y'all worrying about Cynthia and we STILL don't have a dedicated theme for Red. And get outta here with that Sun/Moon version nonsense. GSC all day baybee!
Here’s what I had so far:
Got bored and decided to attempt making a :ult_terry: style 50 song challenge for some the third party series. I’d thought I’d have an easier time with Sonic but I need 11 more ideas.

1. Green Hill Zone
  2. Scrap Brain Zone
  3. Emerald Hill Zone
  4. Sonic Boom
  5. Palmtree Panic
  6. Stardust Speedway (Bad Future)
  7. Angel Island Zone
  8. Flying Battery Zone
  9. Super Sonic Racing
  10. Open Your Heart
  11. Azure Blue Coast (Emerald Hill)
  12. Theme of Dr. Eggman
  13. Live and Learn
  14. Escape from the City
  15. Vengeance is Mine (Radical Highway)
  16. Sonic Heroes
  17. Seaside Hill
  18. What I’m Made Of
  19. Right There, Ride On
  20. A New Venture
  21. His World
  22. Vs. Solaris Phase 2
  23. Seven Rings in Hand
  24. The World Adventure
  25. Knight of the Wind
  26. Reach for the Stars
  27. Tropical Resort Act 1
  28. Planet Wisp Act 1
  29. City Escape (Classic)
  30. Vs. Nega Wisp Armor (Phase 2)
  31. Rooftop Run (Modern)
  32. Wonder World
  33. Windy Hill - Zone 1
  34. The Deadly Six Theme
  35. Friends (Opening Theme)
  36. Lights, Camera, Action! (Studiopolis Zone Act 1)
  37. Rogues Gallery (Mirage Saloon Act 2)
  38. Fist Bump
  39. Sunset Heights

Tagging @MainJPW and @SonicSmasher1
I think both songs are Smash worthy. Though I’d rather hear the HGSS version in

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I've just been binging a lot of Power rangers seasons for the past few days.

I always liked how Jungle fury had an evil Black ranger who spent most of the show being evil.

SF3 has so many tracks to pull from it isn't even funny.
Not just SF3. But SF4 remixes are pretty good to like Sakura's theme. And then there's 5's ost which has some pretty good tracks in it too, like G, Rashid and Karin's themes.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
My favorite remix from Ultimate is Spiral Mountain because it sounds like victory.
The main Banjo and Kazooie theme hits different with trap drums. Which is weird to me since I don't like the overuse of them in a lot of music, but when its added alongside something else, it brings out the song more. And this is coming from a guy who didn't grow up with Banjo. So I don't know if that means much or not.

It’s like Grant had been waiting years to make this arrangement to celebrate Banjo’s inclusion in Smash
"Wow Grant, you made this remix pretty fast."

"I made it back when Melee was announced."

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So, after assessing the damage, we have come to the conclusion that the tree is dead.

I never felt that time was so wasted in my entire life.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
But for me, if there's any early 3D platformer character I'd want in Smash, its the main man Spyro. A shame his games had jank versions in Japan that doomed him to be fairly obscure there unlike Crash.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Y'know, the remix of the Wii Sports Club title theme sounds like something perfect for the Olympic Games. That kind of vibe is why I really love that remix.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Which tracks did you like the most? I'd fond of Flame Man, Tomahawk Man, Plant Man, Wily Castle and the Stage Select themes myself.
Blizzard Man, Flame Man, Wind Man, Yamato Man, Stage Select...damn near the whole soundtrack, really lol.

MM6 was my introduction to the blue dude so maybe I'm just a tad bit biased towards it, but I personally feel like it has some of the strongest compositions out of the NES hexalogy.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I wanna take this

And show it to someone from 2018.

They’d think I was a moron. Until
Imagine telling someone in 2012 that there's gonna be a game where Mega Man and Ridley can beat up Cloud Strife and a song named "Soy Sauce for Geese" plays in the background. You love to hear it.

I mean, I already know about Geese's theme, but out of context it sounds weird as hell.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Blizzard Man, Flame Man, Air Man, Yamato Man, Stage Select...damn near the whole soundtrack, really lol.

MM6 was my introduction to the blue dude so maybe I'm just a tad bit biased towards it, but I personally feel like it has some of the strongest compositions out of the NES hexalogy.
Capcom's one of the best Record Labels in the game industry. Now if only Street Fighter EX Music wasn't illegal to use. Spinning Bird is too nice.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I know I already brought it up as an honorable mention, but I'm sorry, we need to talk more about Guile's Theme

it's almost like they knew about the song's legendary status that they decided to pay tribute to it in the form of one of the most stellar remixes out there

kind of a bummer it's only selectable on one stage, though.

D

Deleted member

I know I already brought it up as an honorable mention, but I'm sorry, we need to talk more about Guile's Theme

it's almost like they knew about the song's legendary status that they decided to pay tribute to it in the form of one of the most stellar remixes out there

kind of a bummer it's only selectable on one stage, though.
Guile's remix is easily on my top 5 or top 7.

They did It really well.

I heard It was made by someone involved with Streets Of Rage.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Has anyone already mentioned how amazing the remix for Let's Go to Seoul turned out? That's definitely one of my preferred tracks when playing on the KoF Stadium.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
So I found out there's actual a MUGEN...mod, I guess you would call it that is a SEGA vs. Capcom roster! ... but some of the choices are pretty baffling characters, as some are major omissions over other characters from their franchise, and some aren't owner by either company - specifically, for some reason, Sora from Kingdom Hearts, Ryuko and Satsuki from Kill la Kill, and Yoko from Gurren Lagann are there for... some reason. So I brought it upon myself to build a better roster.

SEGA
1. Sonic the Hedgehog
2. Miles "Tails" Prower
3. Knuckles the Echidna
4. Dr. Eggman
5. Shadow the Hedgehog
6. Akira Yuki
7. Jacky Bryant
8. Ryo Hazuki
9. Kazuma Kiryu
10. Goro Majima
11. Sakura Shinguji
12. Gilius Thunderhead
13. Honey
14. Joe Musashi
15. G (House of the Dead)
16. Arle Nadja
17. NiGHTS
18. Sketch Turner
19. Axel Stone
20. Alis Landale
21. Gunstar Red
22. Yu Narukami
23. Joker
24. Bayonetta
25. Selvaria Bles
26. Segata Sanshiro

Capcom
1. Mega Man
2. Zero
3. Tron Bonne
4. Ryu
5. Chun-Li
6. M. Bison
7. Juri Han
8. Viewtiful Joe
9. Morrigan Aensland
10. Dimitri Maximoff
11. Felicia
12. Hsien-Ko
13. Leon S. Kennedy
14. Albert Wesker
15. Nemesis
16. Monster Hunter
17. Phoenix Wright
18. Sir Arthur
19. Dante
20. Lady
21. Nero
22. Captain Commando
23. June Lin-Milliam
24. Katt (Breath of Fire)
25. Frank West
26. Jin Saotome

Outside of Sonic characters, Arle, Viewtiful Joe, and Arthur, my goal was to keep it limited to characters that are relatively realistically proportioned. Gimme that critique!

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Imagine telling someone in 2012 that there's gonna be a game where Mega Man and Ridley can beat up Cloud Strife and a song named "Soy Sauce for Geese" plays in the background. You love to hear it.

I mean, I already know about Geese's theme, but out of context it sounds weird as hell.
Imagine telling people in 2010 that Smash bros would someday have characters from all these third parties.

Like yeah, Megaman and Simon? That's totally believable but saying that Persona and King of fighters were getting characters? You'd look insane lol

Guile's remix is easily on my top 5 or top 7.

They did It really well.

I heard It was made by someone involved with Streets Of Rage.
Yeah, it's the Streets of rage composer, he's also the Shenmue composer.

Capcom's one of the best Record Labels in the game industry. Now if only Street Fighter EX Music wasn't illegal to use. Spinning Bird is too nice.
I wish Maximillan dood's theme music was in Smash.
I just really like Sakura

Noipoi

Howdy!
I was expecting you to love Megalovania more or at least equally.
I mean don’t get me wrong, megalovania is rad. But there’s just something triumphant about spiral mountain. I always listen to it when I’m about to try and get something done, it hypes me up and I feel like I could take on the world.

D

Deleted member

So I found out there's actual a MUGEN...mod, I guess you would call it that is a SEGA vs. Capcom roster! ... but some of the choices are pretty baffling characters, as some are major omissions over other characters from their franchise, and some aren't owner by either company - specifically, for some reason, Sora from Kingdom Hearts, Ryuko and Satsuki from Kill la Kill, and Yoko from Gurren Lagann are there for... some reason. So I brought it upon myself to build a better roster.

SEGA
1. Sonic the Hedgehog
2. Miles "Tails" Prower
3. Knuckles the Echidna
4. Dr. Eggman
5. Shadow the Hedgehog
6. Akira Yuki
7. Jacky Bryant
8. Ryo Hazuki
9. Kazuma Kiryu
10. Goro Majima
11. Sakura Shinguji
12. Gilius Thunderhead
13. Honey
14. Joe Musashi
15. G (House of the Dead)
16. Arle Nadja
17. NiGHTS
18. Sketch Turner
19. Axel Stone
20. Alis Landale
21. Gunstar Red
22. Yu Narukami
23. Joker
24. Bayonetta
25. Selvaria Bles
26. Segata Sanshiro

Capcom
1. Mega Man
2. Zero
3. Tron Bonne
4. Ryu
5. Chun-Li
6. M. Bison
7. Juri Han
8. Viewtiful Joe
9. Morrigan Aensland
10. Dimitri Maximoff
11. Felicia
12. Hsien-Ko
13. Leon S. Kennedy
14. Albert Wesker
15. Nemesis
16. Monster Hunter
17. Phoenix Wright
18. Sir Arthur
19. Dante
20. Lady
21. Nero
22. Captain Commando
23. June Lin-Milliam
24. Katt (Breath of Fire)
25. Frank West
26. Jin Saotome

Outside of Sonic characters, Arle, Viewtiful Joe, and Arthur, my goal was to keep it limited to characters that are relatively realistically proportioned. Gimme that critique!
I would change Shadow by Amy Rose, but besides that I completely like your roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom