• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys, question
Since Nintendo chose the lists for Sakurai to choose, I have a feeling we'd get a Pokemon character from Sword and Shield. (I could be wrong) So which mon could be in Fighter Pass 2? Rillaboom? Zarude? Toxtricity?

(Ps I prefer Rillaboom)

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Hi guys, question
Since Nintendo chose the lists for Sakurai to choose, I have a feeling we'd get a Pokemon character from Sword and Shield. (I could be wrong) So which mon could be in Fighter Pass 2? Rillaboom? Zarude? Toxtricity?

(Ps I prefer Rillaboom)
I want Falinks, but it would be one of those three or Sirfetch'd.

D

Deleted member

I need to stop thinking or asking myself stuff at least for a whole day.

Not saying that I should stop helping other people or feeling bad about the stuff that happens to anyone else or myself... But rather that I need to sit down, relax and just for once stop making my brain too many questions at once or thinking about things that aren't relevant to me at the moment.

Because It isn't helping me deal with anxiety at all. And I doubt the answer to the question "when will I be able to eat at Domino's Pizza again" will do me anything good or bad at the moment.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It does?

Vol. 2 is already decided. A new pool can't have any effect on it.
Yes, because before I honestly didn’t think Toxcritiy would have been that popular despite all the buzz around in on the internet. This further proves it is though, and the Pokémon company would have likely picked up on all the love for it before this poll, and I could easily see it become the Pokémon rep. With this poll backing up the information they already learned

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Someone I used to go to school with randomly showed up at my house today

I can't be the only one who thinks random visitors are super annoying

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Out of context Pokémon Masters:
C1DBBD42-E5D8-43AF-A77F-36B156D8BCB3.png

Elesa is a nerd who makes Pokémon puns all day while also being a fashion model. Truly the best gen 5 character

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
Patience is a virtue, and a day without a worthy presentation is always sad, but our livelihoods fastens further than we know.

In short, don't worry, we'll get a Nintendo Direct when it's ready.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
D

Deleted member

Broke: buying Persona 5 because I like the gameplay

Woke: buying the Weiss Schwarz Persona 5 TD because I both like Persona and like Bushiroad products
download (2).jpeg

*Ahem* I'm made a little addendum to what I originally said regarding me taking my leave of this place. I'll still post here, but i'm going to keep it to an absolute minimum(like once every 2 weeks kinda minimum) because posting here isn't the main problem; it's the excessiveness of it that's hurting me mentally.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Hi guys, question

(Ps I prefer Rillaboom)
If I had to make a tier list...

S: Mystery Dungeon rep, Urshifu
A+: No Pokemon
A: Cinderance, Intelleon, Baboom
B: Toxtricity, Siefech'd, Zarude
C: Most other Gen 8 Pokemon
D: Zacian, Zamazenta, base starters, Corviknight, Morpeko (I don't think they would've made them spirits if they planned on making them Playable)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

And there it is; the first beta logo for Tower of Pandemia. Issue I had with Paint.net in general is none of the options worked well to improve the lettering. IfI'm going to "bold" it or whatever, I'll do it manually with MSPaint, which still worked well for things that Photoshop can't actually do, heh.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
accidentally reminded myself of the fact that WWE really wants to bull**** in the worst of everything

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
It took me long enough but I finally watched Promare.

MAHARI YUWARE GAAIE SABANARE!
AMARE DIRAHI JUMAGI GANASHARA!

Also, Galo and Lio are dating.

D

Deleted member

And there it is; the first beta logo for Tower of Pandemia. Issue I had with Paint.net in general is none of the options worked well to improve the lettering. IfI'm going to "bold" it or whatever, I'll do it manually with MSPaint, which still worked well for things that Photoshop can't actually do, heh.
That...uh...is not very good honestly.
I would change the text color to start off to something brighter, the way it is right now it clashes with the background colors and makes it hard to read.

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That...uh...is not very good honestly.
I would change the text color to start off to something brighter, the way it is right now it clashes with the background colors and makes it hard to read.
I did say it's beta for a reason. Text color will take longer to change, but is doable. The bigger issue I'm having is making everything fit a pixel-perfect pattern.

I'd probably have to redo the text from the start, since I don't think I can recolor it alone easily.

D

Deleted member

I did say it's beta for a reason. Text color will take longer to change, but is doable. The bigger issue I'm having is making everything fit a pixel-perfect pattern.

I'd probably have to redo the text from the start, since I don't think I can recolor it alone easily.
It's all good mate!
A little bit of advice I've learned over the course of my Graphic Design training: have each letter be in a separate text box. It sounds weird, but being able to control every single letter down to the font/color is a very good tool(and I daresay required if you're going for a specific style, say the Pokemon Sword and Shield logo)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's all good mate!
A little bit of advice I've learned over the course of my Graphic Design training: have each letter be in a separate text box. It sounds weird, but being able to control every single letter down to the font/color is a very good tool(and I daresay required if you're going for a specific style, say the Pokemon Sword and Shield logo)
Ah, I see what you mean. I haven't used layers in over 20 years(hence it's a total of 2. The BG and the letters). I'm also having issues finding another plausible color than black right now. What I might try to do is just "bold" the lettering in MSPaint and put it over the other layer. That might work better.

Bolding isn't working. I might need to make far bigger text first. The plain text is a good start, and I want it easy to read. I'm not looking for some unique font either. It's just a simple Indie game to test balance, after all.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I was playing Roadhog, I met an enemy Roadhog. They said Hi and didn't shoot. I said hi and didn't shoot. Then they attacked me and killed me.

Being a fake friendly is completely dishonorable.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I'd honestly prefer Toxtricity the most out of all the pokémon options.

Urshifu is... probably my least wanted of the major options.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hi guys, question

(Ps I prefer Rillaboom)
I want Dragapult because he’s my new favorite Pokémon he da best.

Realistically I could see Toxtricity, Rillaboom or Urshifu. They seem to be among the more prominent options.

But we all know it’s gonna be Snom.

D

Deleted member

Ok, today I have to admit It has been a way better day.

Sure, maybe I have been way too down through the whole thing. But between the huge amount of support people gave me at Forest Maze when they heard about the events of this week, the fact we had a Mario Kart talk over there which went really great for once and the new pfp+ cute af drawing DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu made me I have to say It.

It has been a huge improvement of a day.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
So Dark Horse Comics at the 2020 Toy Fair said that the ARMS graphic is still coming but they didn't go into further details.

I just want them to tell us what in God's name is causing the holdup?

It was given a "Fall 2018" date and a "January 2019" date for ****'s sake!
Long shot, but maybe were getting a sequel and they were asked to push it back to coincide with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom