• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
just completed the TH spirit board

Sothis was probably the easiest legend class I've ever encountered. Beat her on the first try.

all it really took was a couple Failnaught shots and a swing of Aymr, and badabing badaboom

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
If you're curious what's Byleth's internal codename is it's "master"
I feel like people would have gotten really upset if that codename had been datamined before Byleth's reveal - my guess is that a lot of people would have been expecting Master Chief.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I feel like people would have gotten really upset if that codename had been datamined before Byleth's reveal - my guess is that a lot of people would have been expecting Master Chief.
you can't forget about Terry's codename: "dolly"

a certain fanbase probably would've been ticked off over that one lol

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I think it's better we don't have access to the codenames anymore. The last thing we need is another "Brave means Sora because Brave Form" type deal.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
QP is suffering an invasion it seems. So many people want to be Byleth but like Joker before then, not many seem to be up to par.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Saw one person on Twitter post the whole FE roster in Smash and then compare it to the Kirby, Kid Icarus, and Mother franchises. They then said "This makes me so *censored* angry".

This fanbase's obsession with ratios for franchises has gotten downright comedic. :p

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Uh, ignore this, I'm a fool.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Saw one person on Twitter post the whole FE roster in Smash and then compare it to the Kirby, Kid Icarus, and Mother franchises. They then said "This makes me so *censored* angry".

This fanbase's obsession with ratios for franchises has gotten downright comedic. :p
The only one I can kind of understand there is Kirby. Not knocking KI or Mother, but they're... less prominent than other franchises, if I want to be gentle about it.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
but yeah, Byleth is so fun

not since Corrin have I been this enthralled with a character

highlight of the pass (and Ultimate as a whole for that matter), by far

MooMew64

The only one I can kind of understand there is Kirby. Not knocking KI or Mother, but they're... less prominent than other franchises, if I want to be gentle about it.
As a huge Kirby fan, I want a new character too, but gettin' angry over it is silly.

And for Kid Icarus and Mother, who do you even add? Ninten and Hades, I guess?

Cracke

Smash Journeyman
Next smash game I'm calling Marth, Ike, Robin, and Byleth will be the only Fire Emblems in. At least I'd hope kinda.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
As a huge Kirby fan, I want a new character too, but gettin' angry over it is silly.

Porky & Hades would be really cool imo.

Won't say I NEED them, but they could add something cool to the roster & add more vilains too.

Sadly, KI & especially Mother aren't active franchise now those days, while FE is rising with each day. Sooooo, yeah, 'can't really compare.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
FB_IMG_1580310690578.jpg

I've created a monster.

I kinda want Ninten just to have the trio of protagonists but that's about it.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I wanna play Smash Bros right now but I can't be arsed walking up stairs to get my Switch. Been sleeping on the sofa and watching boring daytime TV.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I've created a monster.

I kinda want Ninten just to have the trio of protagonists but that's about it.
You had the possibility to made it, but you never asked to yourself if you should do it?

MooMew64

Next smash game I'm calling Marth, Ike, Robin, and Byleth will be the only Fire Emblems in. At least I'd hope kinda.
I hope no one on the roster gets cut. Wishing for cuts is kinda rude, TBH. :/

Porky & Hades would be really cool imo.

Won't say I NEED them, but they could add something cool to the roster & add more vilains too.

Sadly, KI & especially Mother aren't active franchise now those days, while FE is rising with each day. Sooooo, yeah, 'can't really compare.
Hades doesn't have anything that makes me feel he'd be all that interesting, personally.

Porky would be hecka cool, yeah. I'd love to see it, but yeah Mother is a completed franchise that is extremely niche, I'm not sure if we'll ever see anything more from it.

D

Deleted member

Good morning everyone!

Uh, so what's going on with Byleth atm? What does everyone think of him/her so far?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I hope no one on the roster gets cut. Wishing for cuts is kinda rude, TBH. :/

Hades doesn't have anything that makes me feel he'd be all that interesting, personally.

Porky would be hecka cool, yeah. I'd love to see it, but yeah Mother is a completed franchise that is extremely niche, I'm not sure if we'll ever see anything more from it.
On second thought, Medusa would make more sense, but I don't know right now what she could add. (especially since I'm pretty tired now to think well enough about moveset :cheep:)

And yeah, completely agree with Mother being completed & niche....tho, I admit, a 3 game series represented by 3 playable character just sound nice to the ears, ya know?

Dutch Raikuna

Good morning everyone!

Uh, so what's going on with Byleth atm? What does everyone think of him/her so far?
Finding the character fun and listened to that Three Houses remix on repeat. Their stage is definitely my favourite of the new stages.
Right now I can't be bothered grabbing my Switch upstairs in my house. Been napping on the sofa and too comfy.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Good morning everyone!

They sure do come with a stage, music, spirits, and online friend icons for battle arenas.

So basically Hero 2.0, but without the bull**** 20-different-ways-to-2kho-you gimmick. Nice
I wouldn't say that since they essentially have Hatchet Man on command, the Kid Icarus Staff item as a neutral special, and the get-over-here special/a 0-death on big body characters like DK.

I like thinking of them as "Vibe check: The character, but this time without the RNG."

Jasper the Tourist

Smash Apprentice
Let me tell you why I am not crazy about Byleth's inclusion: I'm a Puff main. And no joke, I feel like 75% of people online play a Link or a Fire Emblem character and I'm often at a frustrating disadvantage. Now we have yet another FE character and go figure, it's one with crazy range and power. Not fun. I didn't even purchase the character. Only one I passed on as I have no interest in FE (though I get why people like it). Clearly I am in the minority, though.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
As much as I want to do well with Byleth, I dunno, she'e just not clicking with me? Maybe I just need more practice, but I'm finding tricky to use her well. I'm glad others are enjoying them so much though. Maybe I could get a tip or two on what to do with them? :grin:

For now though, Banjo-Kazooie and Hero are my best and favorites out of the pass, but I still think Byleth is probably the most unique character gameplay wise, which I appreciate.

MooMew64

As much as I want to do well with Byleth, I dunno, she'e just not clicking with me? Maybe I just need more practice, but I'm finding tricky to use her well. I'm glad others are enjoying them so much though. Maybe I could get a tip or two on what to do with them? :grin:

For now though, Banjo-Kazooie and Hero are my best and favorites out of the pass, but I still think Byleth is probably the most unique character gameplay wise, which I appreciate.
Byleth in my experience is mostly about playing keep away and getting good reads. They have insane reach to help make up for their bad speed, so using that to your advantage is key. They also have insane edge guarding potential with...almost everything they do, lol. Side B especially just creates a huge forcefield by the ledge with its long reach. For when you need to get in close, NAir and DTilt are your options for starting combos.

Dutch Raikuna

Man I've been picking bad times to jump in today.

Got something to showcase later. You guys will hopefully like it as its Smash related.

Last edited:

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
Good morning everyone!

I think Byleth is like, one of the best things to happen to this game. No. Seriously.

But the general opinion that I've heard going around is that they're pretty slow, and might not be very good in the competitive scene. But who knows, it's still too soon to say.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up

"sAKuRai iS sO bIaS TO "X", WhY wON't hE gIvE mORe rEPs tO "Y" ?!"

Same old s**t as always...

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't say that since they essentially have Hatchet Man on command, the Kid Icarus Staff item as a neutral special, and the get-over-here special/a 0-death on big body characters like DK.

I like thinking of them as "Vibe check: The character, but this time without the RNG."
Was making a lil jokey joke about my hatred towards Hero because he has so many damn ways to 1hko or even 2hko you it's insane.

Truth be told, I don't actually remember Byleth's moveset all that much, outside of the spear and sword moves

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom