• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

MLG memes were sorta like the dying gasp of rage faces. And Harambe spearheaded the new era of memes we’re currently in.
I honestly liked MLG memes, tbh. Def weren’t my cup of tea, but they were cool for what they were.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Okay, I want some opinions on my 2020 "resolution". I have a litany of games I bought on recommendation that I either barely started or haven't touched, and my goal for the new year is to complete six of them.

For the most part, all of said games are JRPGs because I hate JRPGs and all my friends apparently love them. So I'm gonna try.

I'm open for suggestions to changes, but so far I've got:

• Literally any Persona game (P4 Golden is what I'm starting with, but I own P5)
  • Bravely Default for @Gentlepanda
  • Tales of Symphonia
  • Xenoblade Chronicles or Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  • Dragon Quest 11 for @JDCabrera
  • Trails in the Sky or Trails of Cold Steel; I've got both on Vita and I don't even remember when or how I got them
I also own Octopath Traveler, Mario & Luigi Paper Jam, Secret of Mana (SNES), Magic Knight Rayearth (Saturn) Grandia II (Dreamcast but I don't own 1) and Xenosaga 1-3 on PS2. Probably others but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

Suggestions for changes?
Some great choices in there (well, maybe not Octopath).

If you're going to play Xenoblade Chronicles, I'd honestly recommend that you wait for XB:DE as your first experience with it. The game is rather ugly and the Switch port will hopefully add some much needed quality of life changes, not to mention cut content being restored.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Another new Pokemon, but this one is a bit different.

A Timid Charmander, nearly flawless, four Egg Moves, and it's in a Moon Ball.

The only thing that it doesn't have is Best in Defense and its HA, which is fine. Solar Power would of been nice though.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Some great choices in there (well, maybe not Octopath).

If you're going to play Xenoblade Chronicles, I'd honestly recommend that you wait for XB:DE as your first experience with it. The game is rather ugly and the Switch port will hopefully add some much needed quality of life changes, not to mention cut content being restored.
If that's the case I'll just replace it with something else. The goal is to try and finally work through my backlog of games, and the longest list by far is JRPGs because they're usually not my thing.

I have a Wii copy of XC1, and I was planning on playing that. If it doesn't hold up to modern standards, maybe I'll play a more retro game instead so I can appreciate its archaic design more. Like Magic Knight Rayearth, maybe.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
If that's the case I'll just replace it with something else. The goal is to try and finally work through my backlog of games, and the longest list by far is JRPGs because they're usually not my thing.

I have a Wii copy of XC1, and I was planning on playing that. If it doesn't hold up to modern standards, maybe I'll play a more retro game instead so I can appreciate its archaic design more. Like Magic Knight Rayearth, maybe.
Fair enough.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Question for everyone.

What's the most important game that released this decade for you? Not necessarily "favorite" or "best". But like, the game that you wouldn't trade for any other because of the experience you had playing it.

I have an easy answer for that that I've talked about to death before, but I'm curious if anyone else here has a game like that in their life the last 10 years.
Journey. It completely re-shaped my perception of single player gaming experiences. Before that, I had cast them aside as less interesting/valid than multiplayer/PvP games. How wrong I was! Flash forward a few years later and I'm working on a single-player game as my job. Not sure I'd be doing that without having played Journey; very cool.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Journey. It completely re-shaped my perception of single player gaming experiences. Before that, I had cast them aside as less interesting/valid than multiplayer/PvP games. How wrong I was! Flash forward a few years later and I'm working on a single-player game as my job. Not sure I'd be doing that without having played Journey; very cool.
Seems you had quite the emotional journey.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Question for everyone.

What's the most important game that released this decade for you? Not necessarily "favorite" or "best". But like, the game that you wouldn't trade for any other because of the experience you had playing it.

I have an easy answer for that that I've talked about to death before, but I'm curious if anyone else here has a game like that in their life the last 10 years.
Oneshot. The narrative was one of the most emotional, thoughtful, and suspenseful stories I've ever played. It was the first video game that has ever drawn me in in the way that it did, and the ending to this day still gets me feeling emotional. It's funny, it's heartbreaking, it's adorable, it's a gosh darn masterpiece.

...I gotta redo that list later tonight. No way I like those games more than Oneshot

Iridium

Smash Hero
Question for everyone.

Probably Smash 4. Now I'm so invested in the series, and if I hadn't started with it, I likely wouldn't be where I am now. Whether that's a good thing or not is still up for debate.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Okay, I want some opinions on my 2020 "resolution". I have a litany of games I bought on recommendation that I either barely started or haven't touched, and my goal for the new year is to complete six of them.

For the most part, all of said games are JRPGs because I hate JRPGs and all my friends apparently love them. So I'm gonna try.

I'm open for suggestions to changes, but so far I've got:

• Literally any Persona game (P4 Golden is what I'm starting with, but I own P5)
  • Bravely Default for @Gentlepanda
  • Tales of Symphonia
  • Xenoblade Chronicles or Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  • Dragon Quest 11 for @JDCabrera
  • Trails in the Sky or Trails of Cold Steel; I've got both on Vita and I don't even remember when or how I got them
I also own Octopath Traveler, Mario & Luigi Paper Jam, Secret of Mana (SNES), Magic Knight Rayearth (Saturn) Grandia II (Dreamcast but I don't own 1) and Xenosaga 1-3 on PS2. Probably others but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

Suggestions for changes?
youbhave Octopah, Bravely and DQ on there and that covers all of what I would request you play

Last edited:

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
So I was playing Smash with a little girl whose family always comes over for new year's eve. Felt pretty good to guide someone,see them improve and look actually good at this game in comparison. But I just blew my mind because I just realised that the attacks I have always been doing with ease have been tilt attacks. Somehow my broken brain thought manual tilts were something else.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
Wait this means I can consistently do inputs without a stick others might not. Now I need to rethink my tilt stick inputs...

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
o-o Holy crap . I saw some blood red skies in Mexico in news, but it was because of something regarding how light was affecting the skies or something...but is this one due to fires...? I mean, its cool looking, really, but, I hope the catastrophe ends...Take a lot of care! :(
Yup, it's the fires causing the sky to go red. Also every time I look up to the red ominous skies of Australia which reminds me of SCP-001 "When Day Breaks" seen here. (Both have red skies.)
bc3abc86ccb9eb2.png

(The white thing at the top is the sun itself.)
Oh and good morning everyone, it's the first day of 2020.^-^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom