• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
If this leak is fake, then the guy who made it has to be the craziest person in the world going out of their way to make incredibly boring cardboard cut-out models using promotional material from the upcoming Grinch movie because he's thinking 47 steps ahead and knows that both Bandai-Namco and Universal studios contract the same obscure French marketing company. To this end, he then got himself an office, printed out the name of an employee of said company, and haphazardly half blurred out the name because, once again, he's some kind of super genius beyond the mental capacities of mortal man and he knew that the internet's crack team of cybersleuths would find his red-herring name in seconds.

This absolute Einstein of social engineering also happens to moonlight as an expert artist and after presumably spending hours carefully cutting and pasting characters from the Smash poster, he then went out of his way to produce 7 more drawings of his own with obscure elements like vines for Isaac that hardly anyone would be able to make out, and then, for the fun of it, he saw to making a completely unique drawing of the blank version of Battlefield just because he could. He made sure that this fake roster of his perfectly mirrored one posted on 4chan last month by someone whose first language clearly isn't English because he knew that people would immediately make the connection to the French marketing company that he is pretending produced this image. The fact that 5 new characters lines up with the 5 missing stages from Corocoro was all part of his master plan. He also made sure this coincided with Nintendo renewing relevant trademarks.

The lengths you have to go to believe that this is all an incredibly elaborate leak would make this man one of the most intelligent people to ever walk the Earth. This guy would be more competent than the entire government of Saudi Arabia when it comes to fakery.

I suggest you think about which outcome is more likely.
To be fair, occam's razor is what people will usually go for.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You could say the Ken leak was also orchestrated.

Discussion was going over Incineroar, Ken, and the Box Theory. Suddenly, this leak pops up and everyone is scrambling to prove it fake with others saying it's real or being neutral. The leaker also had all four characters in the leak doing their taunt at the exact same time...although, the build was older than the one at E3 (last year), so idk about this point.
I see where your coming from but I disagree.

the Ken leak was a single image, clear original model that was proven to work off of Ryu, had the actual hud with it from play testing, as well as half finished portraits and models of characters we haven’t seen in ultimate.

You could argue that Ken was piggybacking off of verge but everyone and their mother knew Ken was coming to the game because he was an easy echo. Which would make a fake Ken image easy to do.

at this point verge had told us the last two though, Ken and incenroar and his word was gospel so it just made a lot of sense that someone else would legitimately leak this stuff.

This image is literally trying to take from a real leak. Something that another real leak would seem unlikely to do. Either the leaker thinks it’s funny or this is actually the Ken leaker if real that is. This is a lot more of a setup then the Ken leak, at least imo.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Continuing my trek through listening to Ultimate's entire OST. About to finish the Fire Emblem music.

And okay, maybe it's my fault for doing this while working on homework, but there have been many times in this series specifically where I didn't notice the song had changed and I had gone through 4 or 5 without noticing.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I see where your coming from but I disagree.

the Ken leak was a single image, clear original model that was proven to work off of Ryu, had the actual hud with it from play testing, as well as half finished portraits and models of characters we haven’t seen in ultimate.

You could argue that Ken was piggybacking off of verge but everyone and their mother knew Ken was coming to the game because he was an easy echo. Which would make a fake Ken image easy to do.

at this point verge had told us the last two though, Ken and incenroar and his word was gospel so it just made a lot of sense that someone else would legitimately leak this stuff.

This image is literally trying to take from a real leak. Something that another real leak would seem unlikely to do. Either the leaker thinks it’s funny or this is actually the Ken leaker if real that is. This is a lot more of a setup then the Ken leak, at least imo.
Have you forgotten about the video footage?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Have you forgotten about the video footage?
If your referring to the mii costume leak, no. That wasn’t my point. My point is the video and image feel like they are trying to mimic the Ken leak and that the Ken leak was more a standalone thing despite all the rumors and speculation of him getting in anyway.

D

Deleted member

Here.

Team Real:

SmashingXan2 SmashingXan2 - must change avatar to Yodasumi if leak is fake.
Raxxel Raxxel - must draw DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu a picture if fake.
DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu - must change avatar for two weeks if fake.

Team Fake:

@Shishœ - must change avatar to Yodasumi for one month if leak is real. DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu must change his to Yodasumi for one month if fake.
Cosmic77 Cosmic77 - must change avatar for two weeks if real.
Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! - DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu decides avatar for one week if real.
Add me to Team Real, I suppose. :)

If I lose, I will record 3 lines from users in a toad impression.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If your referring to the mii costume leak, no. That wasn’t my point. My point is the video and image feel like they are trying to mimic the Ken leak and that the Ken leak was more a standalone thing despite all the rumors and speculation of him getting in anyway.
I mean.... that doesn't mean it's fake. If anything I think it's kind of funny to have him there too. Heck, maybe it's the same guy and he used Ken again to signal that it was real.

But my point is that there are plenty of reasons why Ken would be there without it being faked.

D

Deleted member

Anyway team real and if it's fake I will give the first person to respond to this a (non-legendary) shiny Pokemon of their choice

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I wouldn't really be surprised if this was the Ken leaker if real. With how old that image seemed to be at the time of its release, it's possible he got to keep his play-testing or development job since it was posted anonymously to 4chan with no clear way of Nintendo being able to figure out who it was (I'd assume they'd have multiple people testing the same content, that makes more sense). He could've shared it with friends until him or one of them just put it up on 4chan.

And as I said, there's no real way of knowing if this is real or fake. The mii hats are high-quality enough where they could actually be hats the team would make. We just gotta wait 'til Fighter 5 or 6.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Here.

Team Real:

Team Fake:

@Shishœ - must change avatar to Yodasumi for one month if leak is real. DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu must change his to Yodasumi for one month if fake.
Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! - DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu decides avatar for one week if real.
I'll do team real. I'll record a cover of the song of choice of whoever comments.... not first... that's too easy..... We'll do this radio show style.

The choice of song goes to the FIFTH person to respond to this post.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Tbh the leaker probably just had a good sense of humor. It is pretty damn funny.

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
The leaker put Ken in there to indicate that Ken will be getting added to Smash Bros obviously. Three Kens does seem a bit of excessive though, I’ll admit.

D

Deleted member

All I have to say is that if it IS fake (which I highly doubt) then Nintendo needs to hire this woman. If she can do THAT with homebrew tools imagine what she could get done with a devkit.
Why are you assuming the person who leaked this is a women?

well, I know why, I just want your reasoning

D

Deleted member

Here.

Team Real:

@Taylor F - must record three random clips suggested by this thread in Toad's voice if fake.

Team Fake:

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! - DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu decides avatar for one week if real. Will also record three random clips suggested by this thread in any voice.
Did Gentlepanda Gentlepanda ever actually post an Yodasumi here or do none of you have any idea of what it is

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'll do team real. I'll record a cover of the song of choice of whoever comments.... not first... that's too easy..... We'll do this radio show style.

Just let me know when it happens.

I feel bad for you getting :ultgreninja:'d twice in a row so I'll give you one too

tenor-5.gif

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I mean.... that doesn't mean it's fake. If anything I think it's kind of funny to have him there too. Heck, maybe it's the same guy and he used Ken again to signal that it was real.

But my point is that there are plenty of reasons why Ken would be there without it being faked.
Which is true, I never said it outright deconfirmed it, just that it’s a potential red flag. I’m still team real though.
The leaker put Ken in there to indicate that Ken will be getting added to Smash Bros obviously. Three Kens does seem a bit of excessive though, I’ll admit.
Chun-li was gonna be the third street fighter rep but smash bros is a game for good boys and girls of all ages so they had to remove her the game and replaced her with violent Ken

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
Anyone wanna make silly bets on whether the leak is real or fake? Nothing too severe just like avatars or something.
Silly, nonserious bets that don't threaten to delete accounts are something I can get behind. Since I'm Team Fake, if the leak turns out to be real, I'll change my avatar to whatever the first person to quote this wants. As long as the pic isn't obscene or inappropriate, I'll keep it that way for two weeks.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just let me know when it happens.

View attachment 245705
Alright people! Get in your requests and let's see who the lucky winner is!

Why are you assuming the person who leaked this is a women?

well, I know why, I just want your reasoning
It is any stranger than assuming it was a man?

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Just because something is difficult, or hasn't been done yet doesn't mean its impossible. It might take only a single breakthrough to get there - and if the person who first made that breakthrough wanted to screw with the fandom, they easily could.
To be fair, occam's razor is what people will usually go for.
The flaw of that post was that it assumed that Team Fake believed the "leaker" would have planned everything in advanced when many of us believed that a lot of that was coincidence.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
If the great Mii costume leak is fake
I'll bake the first person to respond a big ole cake!

No guarantees that it'll still be edible when it arrives

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

*Starts looking for a way to force Zero Requiem to bake a cake for sure for said user over the internet* :troll:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I thought of something to add in addition to changing my avatar: if it's fake, i'll do a face reveal.

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman

I'm willing to take that chance of stale cake
Edit: Damn, beat to the punch and accidentally double posted

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I mean one of the most popular and probable female fighters, Lara Croft, is still "nostalgia pandering"
Lara Croft is still getting new games, so she at least isn't a dead character like Banjo.
I think 10 Pokemon is QUITE enough for a little don't you?
We should at least get one more considering Sword and Shield are coming out soon.

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
Fine, I’ll do a bet too. Since I’m leaning towards fake, if the leak is real, I’ll kidnap Shinzo Abe and hold him hostage unless the Japanese government forces Sakurai to remove the Mallow and Cadodemon Mii costumes from the game. In the end, I still win.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Just because something is difficult, or hasn't been done yet doesn't mean its impossible. It might take only a single breakthrough to get there - and if the person who first made that breakthrough wanted to screw with the fandom, they easily could.

The flaw of that post was that it assumed that Team Fake believed the "leaker" would have planned everything in advanced when many of us believed that a lot of that was coincidence.
Since it was faked, doesn't that mean everything actually was planned?

Otherwise the faker and an extremely lucky set of coincidences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom