• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Or any Grass-Type in general.

we got Ivysaur

No, I meant fully-evolved starters. If Grookey's final evo makes it I'll flip.
That's exactly the Pokemon I want for Ultimate DLC, too. Even though Sobble's final evo is personally my favorite, having Grookey's final evo would be great for completing the trio. I would be extremely happy if either made it in, though.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
That's exactly the Pokemon I want for Ultimate DLC, too. Even though Sobble's final evo is personally my favorite, having Grookey's final evo would be great for completing the trio. I would be extremely happy if either made it in, though.
Except you shouldn't add a character just to fill a quota. Especially since it looks like it'd be an awkward fighter.

D

Deleted member

Honestly didn't give a damn about those Pokemon leaks but damn Sobble's evo looks spicy.

Ivander

Smash Legend
the best thing about FE is that they stopped saying crappy curses like Dastard and with straight up say *******
Despite how much people are used to saying *******, which back then was used for something different, dastard is a legitimate word for a malicious or dishonourable person, both of which fit the likes of Gangrel or Arvis. Preferring the edgier word does not make the other word any less of a word.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm currently divided on if I should believe in the Mii leak or not.

Maybe team real?
I'm on a neutral stance.

Part Team Real because I'm glooming over the situation. My mind is honestly Team Real, but my heart is Team Fake. And I always follow my heart.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
That was legit one of my biggest gripes with the script in Awakening. Sooooo ******* bad lol
has the games went past Bastared or have they up the curse ladder?
Despite how much people are used to saying *******, which back then was used for something different, dastard is a legitimate word for a malicious or dishonourable person, both of which fit the likes of Gangrel or Arvis. Preferring the edgier word does not make the other word any less of a word.
Ok its a legit word, But ******* sounds better to me. Claude saying "Dastared" wouldnt have the same oomph

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Obviously I think there's a decent chance we'll get a SwSh Pokemon. It's currently in a position no different than FE Fates, so I don't see how anyone could argue that it's too late for a character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm currently divided on if I should believe in the Mii leak or not.

Maybe team real?
Regardless of the side you choose, I think its good to have doubts about it given the nature of it. As let's be honest there are some things that seem quite unclear for each side.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Except you shouldn't add a character just to fill a quota. Especially since it looks like it'd be an awkward fighter.
If Sakurai can make a Piranha Plant work, he can do anything. And funny how you mention quotas. I remember one of the main arguments for Ridley and K. Rool getting in were that they would add more villain representation.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
View attachment 245650

Terry DEBUTED in the FATAL FURY game, Fatal Fury: King of Fighters which had a tournament, King of Fighters in it that LATER became its own fighting series.

Terry DEBUTED in Fatal Fury...

FATAL FURY..He's a FATAL FURY character first and a KoF's character SECOND.
Because the debut game of a character determines what franchise they get put into, right :ultmario::ultyoshi::ultwario::ultbanjokazooie:?

D

Deleted member

Regardless of the side you choose, I think its good to have doubts about it given the nature of it. As let's be honest there are some things that seem quite unclear for each side.
I was wondering about your side.

I'm leaning to the fact that this leak has doubts and drawbacks. And I fear that if the two groups didn't get them, and we get a female character, the first they will do is demand for my blood.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
If Sakurai can make a Piranha Plant work, he can do anything.
Sure, but he can't not make
Rillaboom be an incredibly slow fighter with that not-so-portable-looking drum
. Which is a big problem when they want DLC purchases to be worth it to competitive players.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Initially was not very excited for Terry, but now I'm playing him and DANG he's fun.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
And he still can be, quite easily. Relevance isn't an issue.
Relevance isn't the main issue, but it's definitely something to account for with Pokemon.

Unless Sakurai starts feeling incredibly generous and gives us more than one in the base game, I think the spot for the Pokemon newcomer will always go to someone from the current Gen. Echoes and relevancy from remakes are probably the only way we'll see older Pokemon join the roster. Same with FE.

Sure, but he can't not make Rillaboom be an incredibly slow fighter with that not-so-portable-looking drum. Which is a big problem when they want DLC purchases to be worth it to competitive players.

I don't see it happening either, but we should try keeping an open mind. At least until we see it and its drum in battle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
But yeah just imagine having a Pokémon fighting game that plays like Smash and has a roster like this:
Extended:
Pikachu, Eevee.
Gen I:
Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Machamp, Gengar, Meowth, Alakazam, Mewtwo.
Gen II:
Feraligatr, Typhosion, Scizor, Heracross, Granbull, Ampharos, Tyranitar, Entei.
Gen III:
Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Gardevoir, Flygon, Metagross, Aggron, Deoxys.
Gen IV:
Empoleon, Infernape, Lucario, Garchomp, Weavile, Toxicroak, Roserade, Darkrai.
Gen V:
Oshawott, Zoroark, Darmanitan, Golurk, Hydreigon, Haxorus, Meloetta, Genesect.
Gen VI:
Greninja, Braixen, Hawlucha, Noivern, Florges, Pangoro, Aegislash, Goodra,
Gen VII:
Incineroar, Decidueye, Bewear, Salazzle, Golisopod, Mimikyu, Tapu Koko, Pheromosa.
Gen VIII: TBD

Other fighters I’m considering:

Snorlax, Hitmonlee, Dragonite, Sandslash, Rhyhorn, Nidoking,
Azumarill, Blissey, Quagsire, Suicine, Raikou,
Mawile, Sableye, Cacturne, Absol,
Lopunny, Gallade, Rhyperior, Luxray, Abomasnow, Electivire,
Emboar, Scrafty, Bisharp, Mienshao, Krookodile, Archeops, Excadrill
Chesnaught, Heliolisk, Hoopa,
Primarina, Zeraora, Alolan Marowak, Marshadow, Poipole,
Melmetal

Well at least close enough, I’m starting to doubt a few of my base roster choices and I wanna ask for some feedback before I spend more time on movesets.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Initially was not very excited for Terry, but now I'm playing him and DANG he's fun.
Couple of Smash players from my college say that Terry went from "who the **** is Terry" to "omg o have to play this character".

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Sure, but he can't not make Rillaboom be an incredibly slow fighter with that not-so-portable-looking drum. Which is a big problem when they want DLC purchases to be worth it to competitive players.

I mean... the only DLC character so far that has actually made significant progress in the competitive meta is Joker.

Plant, Hero, and Banjo exist in the meta just as much as most characters on the base roster do.

So I don’t see what the point is here. DLC characters don’t always have to be meta changing characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I mean... the only DLC character so far that has actually made significant progress in the competitive meta is Joker.

Plant, Hero, and Banjo exist in the meta just as much as most characters on the base roster do.

So I don’t see what the point is here. DLC characters don’t always have to be meta changing characters.
The point is that 3/4 FP characters, plus the DLC newcomers from 4, were all very competitively viable. Not that they were game breakers.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
2. Based on past stuff he's said in interviews, it seems as if he likely wasn't aware they were going to do a second season of DLC until earlier this year or very late last year, meaning spirits like Geno could have another chance.
Super late response, but according to Imran Khan (a leaker with a great track record and insider knowledge) Nintendo made the ultimate decision to extend DLC around E3 this year. He mentioned it in his stream around 17:00 and said they were iffy about it until they saw the sales.

Please put that into a spoiler, not everyone knows the details of the Starters yet.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
To be fair a sword and shield Pokémon would work perfect as a bonus character within the month of its release and as our first post pass character imo

D

Deleted member

To be fair a sword and shield Pokémon would work perfect as a bonus character within the month of its release and as our first post pass character imo
That Pokemon would have to compete with Geno should they have legitimate chances due to the ****ing leaks.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also out of context Pokémon masters:
That Pokemon would have to compete with Geno should they have legitimate chances due to the ****ing leaks.
True if the leaks are real it’s unlikely. If it’s fake though it’s possible, and very slightly possible if the leak is real but 3 more characters being ready within in the next month or two for showing seems unlikely

D

Deleted member

True if the leaks are real it’s unlikely. If it’s fake though it’s possible, and very slightly possible if the leak is real but 3 more characters being ready within in the next month or two for showing seems unlikely
They're gonna aim for so many third-parties the copyright section will be as long as modern Yugioh card text.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
In other news, first look for that animated Scooby-Doo movie dropped and from aesthetics alone it looks great apart from Freddy’s shrunken face and lack of an assssscot.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Please put that into a spoiler, not everyone knows the details of the Starters yet.
Alright then, I hid one of many reasons why they shouldn't fall for the grass starter quota meme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom