• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I'm not talking about movement speed, but rather
how the drum doesn't look very portable. How are they supposed to handle it without leaving Rillaboom vulnerable?
Same could also kinda be said for Bowser, who at first glance would seem like he'd be a very low movement character. Especially with that giant shell on his back.

Yet he has the 19th fastest running speed of the entire roster, is considered the best heavy in the entire game, and is pretty much the only heavy that's debatably high tier.

My point is that you can't judge a character's viability based on just appearance and on how they theoretically will play out. You never know until before you actually see them in the game.

As a Bowser co-main going into Ultimate, I'd never though he'd be prominent/super viable in competitive play. And I was dead wrong.

If said character gets in, we'll just have to wait and see for ourselves.

And even if said character isn't too good, it's not like Sakurai will exclude a character because they'll end up being competitively bad, even as DLC.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really don't care too much about what we're discussing atm: so it's time to play a game!

CHANGING THE SUBJECT!

What's a never-going to happen character you would want in smash?(for example: Goku)
Tony Hawk obviously

D

Deleted member

Oh no, the pokemon leak talk has begun again!
Noipoi Noipoi RUN FOR IT!

edit: dammit too early

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
It looks like it would be a slow fighter, and they're screwed over competitively.
Isn't Donkey Kong pretty high-tier? The thing with Smash Ultimate is that most of the roster is well-balanced that even the best characters like Joker and Snake aren't overpowered compared to something like Brawl Meta Knight. And like the other guy mentioned, Banjo (despite how annoying Wonder Wing is) and Hero aren't top tier.

D

Deleted member

Isn't Donkey Kong pretty high-tier? The thing with Smash Ultimate is that most of the roster is well-balanced that even the best characters like Joker and Snake aren't overpowered compared to something like Brawl Meta Knight. And like the other guy mentioned, Banjo (despite how annoying Wonder Wing is) and Hero aren't top tier.
DK is high tier until he loses neutral once
So he's not high tier in the slightest

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Every time I hear E. Gadd speak it gets my Pavlov going because I know it's the same voice actor for my boi :yoshi:
Oh is it? Today I learned. Now I just got the idea in my head and am wondering what a Yoshi's Mansion game would be like...

D

Deleted member

EVERY TIME I DO IT MAKES ME LAUGH

Now you've got me curious.
Well, to sum it up:

We basically all told him that deleting his account was a dumb idea, he argued with us for a few pages, and then just gave up and didn't.

You'd be better off asking someone other than me thou.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Super late response, but according to Imran Khan (a leaker with a great track record and insider knowledge) Nintendo made the ultimate decision to extend DLC around E3 this year. He mentioned it in his stream around 17:00 and said they were iffy about it until they saw the sales.
Excellent.

So Sakurai definitely wasn't choosing Spirits and whatever while knowing about a second season of DLC, so Geno could very well be one of the characters he decides on.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
No.... DK is definitely not considered high tier.
Most put him in low and a few put him in lower mid.
He has literally one of the worst disadvantage states in the entire game.

But yeah, all things considered, we don't have a Brawl/Smash 4 scenario and everyone is more-or-less balanced (or as close as you can get to that w/ a big, diverse roster like this).

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Imagine how epic witnessing a real like Street Fighter or KoF match would be. You're in the crowd everyone is hyped up, and the match ends with friggin BUSTAH WOOF! That would be epic to witness IRL.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Since it was faked, doesn't that mean everything actually was planned?

Otherwise the faker and an extremely lucky set of coincidences.
It doesn't mean every bit of "evidence" in its favor was planned by some evil genius. I doubt they planned the events that followed down to every last detail, such as people tracking down that guy's name and finding that he was connected to an advertising company that once worked with Nintendo and Namco (and on that note, is it really so strange for those two game companies to have commissioned an advertiser in the past? They likely would have both contracted with a number of advertisers before.)

Coincidences are everywhere, and human brains are especially attuned to finding patterns and connections.

Its more likely that they guy brought the banner leak to the office one day to give a more "credible" background at got his or his coworker's name caught in it. Then fans went along and started connecting invisible dots to prove it try true. Remember, that hoax came at a time when the Internet was filled with conspiracy theories about why the box theory was "fake".

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Wrong there too

Oh, but it's different if it's S P A C E :yoshi:
In that case he just doesn't like helping Luigi on his haunted adventures. Though, against ghosts, I guess he is not much help. Who needs a stomach that ghosts can just float out of. Can't beat that poltergust's endless maw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom