• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Fine, I’ll do a bet too. Since I’m leaning towards fake, if the leak is real, I’ll kidnap Shinzo Abe and hold him hostage unless the Japanese government forces Sakurai to remove the Mallow and Cadodemon Mii costumes from the game. In the end, I still win.
Nah, I'd say you cheated by doing that so you could win. :troll:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
your opinion is valid but, if i can add my own to this: your reasons for why he shouldn't be in is basically why :4feroy: got added back in 4

- melee nostalgia
- was the equivalent of the corrin ad slot character in melee
- roy is far from the top pick when actually looking at FE as a series

does it mean you're wrong? not really, but it's at least criteria that fits your standards yet has already happened before.

i mean, sakurai said it himself. recognizability isn't the main factor.
Roy is a first party character and a main character in a mainline game. That comparison isn't valid.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Alright since y’aall are doing bets... again, I guess I’ll join in just this once:

If the leak is real, I will breathe air.

If the leak is fake, I will drink water.

I know, I know... these are pretty high stakes, but I’ve come to terms with doing both and am mentally prepared for either outcome to occur.

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
Lighteni Lighteni Why did you change your avatar from the Fullmetal Alchemist to Mustang?
I was watching the series for the first time recently (only on episode 38). Mustang is my favourite character so far, but I figured it probably wasn’t safe to look him up in case the auto fill was something like “Roy Mustang death scene”. So I decided to go with Alphonse instead because I wasn’t gonna have a ****** as my avatar.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Terry is super fun. He's definitely how the shotos should have been implemented in a game like this, imo. The pressure sensitive nonsense on the shotos' normals makes 'em super clunky, and I say that as somebody who loves the living hell out of Ryu and Ken. Keeping it to special moves makes things wayyyyy less cumbersome. Also, I'm pleasantly surprised at how well charge inputs work out. Rising Tackle is godlike, lol

Smooth Criminal

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Lara Croft is still getting new games, so she at least isn't a dead character like Banjo.

We should at least get one more considering Sword and Shield are coming out soon.
We'll likely skip this Generation for a Smash character though. Same way we skipped 3 and 5 they just happen to fall in the wrong timing for Smash releases.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
We better not. Sakurai would be making a huge mistake, especially since Gen 8 is the first gen to be on a home console, the same one as this game.
It would be a huge mistake to add one just to have a new one, rather than its own established popularity.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Pokemon already has a ton of established popularity on its own to warrant a new character from a major upcoming game on the Switch.
I'm focusing on the popularity of the individual monsters, not the franchise.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I'll forever be bothered by how the Hoenn region is one of two regions other than swsh that never got a rep, and kanto gets like six. Gardevoir could have been a really cool character to play as.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'll forever be bothered by how the Hoenn region is one of two regions other than swsh that never got a rep, and kanto gets like six. Gardevoir could have been a really cool character to play as.
Sceptile would've been a really cool pick for Gen 3, IMO...

D

Deleted member

Alright since y’aall are doing bets... again, I guess I’ll join in just this once:

If the leak is real, I will breathe air.

If the leak is fake, I will drink water.

I know, I know... these are pretty high stakes, but I’ve come to terms with doing both and am mentally prepared for either outcome to occur.
If the leak is real, I'll break something out of glass or porcelain.

If the leak is fake, I'll start grinding my nails.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Who’d be Unova then? Zoroark?
I wish it was zoroark. It still hurts that he never got big like he deserved. He would have been so cool in smash as a playable rep.

also if we get a gen 8 rep let’s be honest it would be a starter.

probably scorbunny’s final evo but I’d want it to be grooky’s because that ones cooler imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom